• Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

I agree with 21&500
    IF Denver is that desperate ( I personally don't think they can afford to move up ) then they will trade with us or Arizona. They will get theirQB wether we trade with them or not. I don't care if this QB will be good or great. WE get PS, this years #12 and next years #1 and what ever else. JJ Mc is a project and everyone says that he is not ready to take over right away. As us Maye, How good will Denver be then? It will be a top ten pick next year-YUM.
    You get a Stud OL at #12, a top CB and a top ten next year ( 2 more starters )
    That would be a good deal for us. But as you mentioned Denver would have to be pretty desperate to make that move. They would be
    likely losing their best player and to a division rival. If I were them and were that desperate for a QB I would be making that move with
    Arizona not us. But I think that's not happening. Arizona can trade with the Giants and still get one of the two best WRs. Giants get their
    QB without spending to much draft capital. If Arizona is in love with MH2 they stay put. Then it's up to us and some team not named
    Denver or Las Vegas to make a move.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      Chargers hosted WR DJ Chark for a visit.

Chark, who had 35 receptions for 525 yards and five touchdowns in Carolina in 2023, would profile as a potential starter for LA. With one 1,000-yard season in seven years in the NFL, Chark, 27, functions strictly as a deep threat. Even if the Chargers take a top wideout in the NFL Draft, Chark could see significant playing time in Greg Roman’s run-first offense.
      Blah

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Blah
        Ok deep threat, has a 1000 yard season under his belt.

Many here got excited about Herbert throwing to Guyton and Johnson the odd deep ball. Chark is easily a better deep ball receiver than them.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I remember Chark looking pretty good at one point with the Jags, but then he disappeared. Does he have injury troubles? I remember his as long and skinny

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Many here got excited about Herbert throwing to Guyton and Johnson the odd deep ball. Chark is easily a better deep ball receiver than them.
            He does, .....5 years ago and his only one. Last 3 years he has played in 25 of 51 games because of injuries. He has just never excited me much as a player. MVS dont either. I just think they will wait til after the draft to see who might become available.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

He does, .....5 years ago and his only one. Last 3 years he has played in 25 of 51 games because of injuries. He has just never excited me much as a player. MVS dont either. I just think they will wait til after the draft to see who might become available.
              Neither one excites me either but both are better WR4 s than Guyton who many were clamoring for to return last year lol

One thing I do like, the WRs they are looking at are all about adding speed. New regime recognizes what the old one didnt. This offense lacks any speed.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

as i recall he was pretty good player years ago..... is he better than MVS?

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Obviously this depends on the price. I assume they won't sign him until after the draft unless he's signing for such a small amount it doesn't count against the comp pick formula. If that's the case, I think he's a good depth piece to bring in. He has flaws, but everyone available post draft will, too. The Chargers should not be counting on him playing being more than receiver 4-5, but if you get him for near the vet minimum why not?

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Chargers hosted WR DJ Chark for a visit.

Chark, who had 35 receptions for 525 yards and five touchdowns in Carolina in 2023, would profile as a potential starter for LA. With one 1,000-yard season in seven years in the NFL, Chark, 27, functions strictly as a deep threat. Even if the Chargers take a top wideout in the NFL Draft, Chark could see significant playing time in Greg Roman’s run-first offense.
                    Blah
                    Neither one excites me either but both are better WR4 s than Guyton who many were clamoring for to return last year lol

One thing I do like, the WRs they are looking at are all about adding speed. New regime recognizes what the old one didnt. This offense lacks any speed.
                    My thinking is they will draft Nabers or MHJ at #5 then sign one of these veteran FAs they've been bringing in. They might use one of the 7th round picks on a project, and/or aggressively go after some rookie WRs that didn't get drafted that Harbaugh likes. But they won't use another premium pick on WR, if their 1st pick is a WR. The WR room is going to need a veteran presence. Tyler Boyd is my preference. He'd be Keenan Allen light.

As for Guyton. He returned from injury in the middle of last season to a FUBAR situation. He'll probably be better after another year to completely heal. However, I don't think Harbaugh or Roman will be interested - he sucks as a blocker.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My thinking is they will draft Nabers or MHJ at #5 then sign one of these veteran FAs they've been bringing in. They might use one of the 7th round picks on a project, and/or aggressively go after some rookie WRs that didn't get drafted that Harbaugh likes. But they won't use another premium pick on WR, if their 1st pick is a WR. The WR room is going to need a veteran presence. Tyler Boyd is my preference. He'd be Keenan Allen light.

As for Guyton. He returned from injury in the middle of last season to a FUBAR situation. He'll probably be better after another year to completely heal. However, I don't think Harbaugh or Roman will be interested - he sucks as a blocker.
                      They were very well could draft one of those guys, although I'd rather have Odunze over Nabers.

Tyler Boyd is not going to sign for the vet minimum so I don't think we're going to get him and in my opinion he is Keenan Allen Very light, not really close.

And yeah, we brought Chark in because he's available to bring in right now. There could be some other guys available after the draft so we'll see. Not a big deal.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Guyton had nobody but himself to blame for his flabby beer gut, regardless of the situation. If the guy can't show some dedication and come in in shape, move on.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Guyton had nobody but himself to blame for his flabby beer gut, regardless of the situation. If the guy can't show some dedication and come in in shape, move on.
                          Not that easy to exercise after you've had major knee surgery.

Comment

Working...
                          X