• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't think we will have a true WR1, but more of a WR by committee. We may not have a single 1,000 yard receiver, but we could have 4 with 600+. Much harder to gameplan for that. I think the past couple of years Defenses just said Let Allen get his, but nobody else gets shit. And they didn't. Take whoever has the best matchup that day and feed him until they adjust. Then feed the next guy.
    I’m down with this prediction. Agree with your take on prior and will add: they said let Allen get his underneath as he’s getting no YAC anymore, stuff the rest and the Chargers will fuck up and blow some assignments somewhere during the drive to let us get Herbie and kill it.

Folks do not yet fully realize how fucking open McConkey is going to get … he will be open faster than Allen but will have explosive YAC additions that Allen no longer can create. Rice is a great late round steal, I don’t really know the UM guy. Q looks to be on a mission, JP is a solid complimentary receiver (not a #1), I think the group will be solid and prevent teams from stacking the box against the run. I look forward to see if Rice can earn some snap counts against the front 3 …

Re: Vidal: I think Velo hit it hard on the nail - he did get ridden hard same as Corum but the difference is Rd6 vs Rd3. It is harder to project him to next level as he won’t elude NFL defenders like he did scrubs and he won’t run away from them as easily either, he will have to step up his game to be able to compete.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Great draft. You get your Anchor at Tackle in Alt. Stop with the Rice won’t start we have no idea who will be the starter. They are all gonna get in there in training camp.

Im not just throwing Quentin Johnston to the side. He’s our starter. He was our number 1 pick last year in the 1st round.

his talent didn’t go anywhere. He still has size. And Harbaugh knows who he is.

From what I’ve heard. He’s been working hard this off season. Anybody heard of Devante Adams? So let him get his shit together. Route running. He might be a lot better.

Rookies have to learn. He had Keenan Allen there. I did see some improvement by the end of the year.

Joshua Palmer will be a guy getting down the field. But he’s not a get the ball and go over the middle. That might be Quentin’s job to.

But a guy who was drafted before Dalton Kincaid needs to be involved in this offense. And if our running is going to have any success we are going to need defenders respect our passing game and that’s Quentin Johnston. He needs to step up and get better.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Watching Vidal tape: he gets through the hole so damn fast, that’s where his speed looks deadliest. If he can keep doing that in the pros, no worries about him.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

McConky, QJ, Palmer, Rice.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Wonder if we are finished with FA, until camp comes around, and somebody goes down...

Fine by me...save that cash...gotta pay Slater soon...and if Harbaugh and Minter bring out the Joey Bosa we all want to see...extension?
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              Great draft. You get your Anchor at Tackle in Alt. Stop with the Rice won’t start we have no idea who will be the starter. They are all gonna get in there in training camp.

Im not just throwing Quentin Johnston to the side. He’s our starter. He was our number 1 pick last year in the 1st round.

his talent didn’t go anywhere. He still has size. And Harbaugh knows who he is.

From what I’ve heard. He’s been working hard this off season. Anybody heard of Devante Adams? So let him get his shit together. Route running. He might be a lot better.

Rookies have to learn. He had Keenan Allen there. I did see some improvement by the end of the year.

Joshua Palmer will be a guy getting down the field. But he’s not a get the ball and go over the middle. That might be Quentin’s job to.

But a guy who was drafted before Dalton Kincaid needs to be involved in this offense. And if our running is going to have any success we are going to need defenders respect our passing game and that’s Quentin Johnston. He needs to step up and get better.
              I'm not going to sweat WR. There's Palmer and a lot of young guys with a variety of size, speed and talent. Ten total. Compete.

ps: we will run the ball effectively. Wait 'till you see the OL at work. I take Harbaugh at his word.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Wonder if we are finished with FA, until camp comes around, and somebody goes down...

Fine by me...save that cash...gotta pay Slater soon...and if Harbaugh and Minter bring out the Joey Bosa we all want to see...extension?
                I believe there will be changes. Where are we at on the total player count? I think 90 is allowed this time of year. We just added 30.

Voluntary OTAs- 10 days in May, early June. Mandatory mini-camp June 11-13. Looking forward to the pics & stories.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Well the super bowl winning Chiefs top WR was Rasheed Rice who is pretty much built exactly like Brenden Rice! As long as our WR's are consistent and solid I like where we are at there! I guess after the draft our biggest need is DL!

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

This team looks completely different from last year. The roster is nearly complete. I would like to see some more depth at safety, IOL, and DT. I think some of the UDFAs they just signed can fill some of the depth but of course they have to earn it. I also expect to see a couple low budget FA signings to help fill those holes and maybe a player trade. Got to say really happy with the way the roster is filling out.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Moving on to the 2025 draft.

I anticipate the Chargers picking low, late 20s to early 30s.

That is where Joe Alt's ND teammate TE Mitchell Evans is predicted to go. He's a big, 6-5 251lbs. He's a great blocker and a decent receiver. Fits the Harbaugh/Roman philosophy well.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        [/B]

I think by now Jim and Joe have basically been telling us what the plan is on O-line, and there's been no bullshit to date, they like pipkins as one of our top five which means he's playing RG, that means Salyer on the fucking bench, they will keep Slater at LT, they will play Alt at RT, and they like McFadden as a center prospect so that could mean a couple of different things, either McFadden is given a chance to beat Bozeman out or he is the primary back up at Center

Slater--Zion--Bozeman--Pipkins--Alt is your starting group...McFadden, Sarrell, Salyer, and Jaimes are the backups as things sit right now but the UDRFA guys might have some say in the matter this summer and also they could still add 1-2 veteran backups in the coming weeks...
                        Pipkens has no experience @RG. We saw how that played out last year with Salyer @RG. I believe that both Pipkins and Salyer will be given their chances @RG and swing tackle. But I am excited to see UDFA Karsen Barnhart (Michigan) at those same positions this summer. He played RT, LT, and RG for Jim @Michigan.

IMO, Jaimes and McFadden will compete for the backup OC/OG position. Pipkins, Salyer, and Barnhart will compete for the OG/OT backup position. For once, I am excited about what's happening along the OL.
                        Last edited by Boltnut; 04-28-2024, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

I still think we are a guard or 2 in FA after May, along with a DT and CB, maybe even a TE. JH3 doesn’t seem to be the guy that is ever satisfied with the roster and always looking to add. Opposed to TT who got to a point and said I am done with the roster and packed it in until injuries or next offseason.

Big difference between the two, can’t wait to see the Raiders fully TT’d in the next year or 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X