• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thanks. ...the bolded is the part that always gets me confused. I always assume the rookie cap hits are the cap hits but this 795,.....subtract this , 51 players that..... ...geez.

I don't assume we will sign Simmons considering what they even doing but if so, he is a good player but they might not sign many more.
    I think they will wait til some releases and cuts are made during TC and after preseason. We'll see, seems sometimes players get released out of nowhere.
    My Justin Simmons idea is a 100% fan boy dream boy type thing for a couple reasons
    1) not sure about the depth at S behind Gilman and James plus they are more SS than FS
    2) Simmons is a FS so that would be a nice addition to add to the defense -- plus I think he is the best player on the market regardless of position based on a couple lists I saw

That said, if they choose to spend more on areas they feel are more need than my Fanboy want - 100% get it.

There are rumors the Broncos might trade Sutton to the Steelers - who knows, they might welcome him back if they do trade Sutton.

Some team is going to get Justin Simmons at a pretty reasonable value for one year I would think.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My Justin Simmons idea is a 100% fan boy dream boy type thing for a couple reasons
      1) not sure about the depth at S behind Gilman and James plus they are more SS than FS
      2) Simmons is a FS so that would be a nice addition to add to the defense -- plus I think he is the best player on the market regardless of position based on a couple lists I saw

That said, if they choose to spend more on areas they feel are more need than my Fanboy want - 100% get it.

There are rumors the Broncos might trade Sutton to the Steelers - who knows, they might welcome him back if they do trade Sutton.

Some team is going to get Justin Simmons at a pretty reasonable value for one year I would think.
      Is this the Simmons that was great safety for broncos or the play anywhere player AZ drafted really high?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Is this the Simmons that was great safety for broncos or the play anywhere player AZ drafted really high?
        The safety for the broncos -- the Pro Bowl Safety a few times

I think the other Simmons, Isiah, went back to the Giants

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

^ This...the few times I've seen Alohi play FS, he's been burned a lot...he just doesn't have the speed and range to give good top end help...Derwin is better at FS, but then we lose his presence in the box...having a vet like Simmons would be awesome if they can work it out...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

ok. who is our swing tackle?
            is it him?

who had the best lemonade at lemonade day 2024? la chargers ot trey pipkins iii answers.#lachargers #chargers #shorts #nfl #football #lemonade #community #kids

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

ah ok.... DEN simmons is a good one! we shooukd add him if we can!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Not just Pro Bowl...2nd team ALL PRO the last 3 seasons. He is still very good.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...the few times I've seen Alohi play FS, he's been burned a lot...he just doesn't have the speed and range to give good top end help...Derwin is better at FS, but then we lose his presence in the box...having a vet like Simmons would be awesome if they can work it out...
                  You can always make room for an all pro. Alohi had a good seson last year but he is not that good.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Not just Pro Bowl...2nd team ALL PRO the last 3 seasons. He is still very good.
                    agree.... im surprised he is still available?..... must mean he wanted too much money.... but even minimum wage in NFL is way way higher than what most of us citizens earn.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree.... im surprised he is still available?..... must mean he wanted too much money.... but even minimum wage in NFL is way way higher than what most of us citizens earn.....
                      a lot of safeties were released in March prior to free agency

almost like running back - a devalued position in the NFL I have read

that said, still surprised he was not signed back in normal free agency in March - unless he totally was asking for way too much money

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

a lot of safeties were released in March prior to free agency

almost like running back - a devalued position in the NFL I have read

that said, still surprised he was not signed back in normal free agency in March - unless he totally was asking for way too much money
                        i get that.... because he was clearly the best or one of the best.....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Asking for a friend...
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X