Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I don't get the pessimism frankly
    Jim is instantly an elite HC, maybe top 5 now that Bill and Vrabel are out.
    Week 1 we are more physical that 80% of the league.

Herbert is healthy and has never had a true run game to lean on, how is it possible that Charger fans are sleeping on JH?!?
    we have uniquely, elite bookend tackles, half the league would trade offensive lines with us.
    Lamar Jackson has had a run game and defense for years and nothing.
    Burrow is the new Rivers (great player, can't overcome a dysfunctional organization)
    Josh Allen, imo our 2nd biggest competition. Deer in headlights when facing a confusing defense--oh wait thats exactly what Minter does.
    Patty, skippy, prancy Mahomes, the best and only true competition imho.

the defenses will have growing pains but mitigated by the fact that we have a unique rookie/veteran in Jr. C and deep at edge. And derwin james is probably the most motivated player in the league rn as he attempts to seperate himself from the Staley-stigma.

Let me ask it this way, will all you nay sayers be "absolutely shocked" if Jim does what he does for the 4th time in his long and successful career?
    "Jim, with franchise QB and elite passrushers/safety shock the NFL with playoff appearance."????
    I say we're a shoe in for at LEAST a wildcard
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Icebolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I don't get the pessimism frankly
      Jim is instantly an elite HC, maybe top 5 now that Bill and Vrabel are out.
      Week 1 we are more physical that 80% of the league.

Herbert is healthy and has never had a true run game to lean on, how is it possible that Charger fans are sleeping on JH?!?
      we have uniquely, elite bookend tackles, half the league would trade offensive lines with us.
      Lamar Jackson has had a run game and defense for years and nothing.
      Burrow is the new Rivers (great player, can't overcome a dysfunctional organization)
      Josh Allen, imo our 2nd biggest competition. Deer in headlights when facing a confusing defense--oh wait thats exactly what Minter does.
      Patty, skippy, prancy Mahomes, the best and only true competition imho.

the defenses will have growing pains but mitigated by the fact that we have a unique rookie/veteran in Jr. C and deep at edge. And derwin james is probably the most motivated player in the league rn as he attempts to seperate himself from the Staley-stigma.

Let me ask it this way, will all you nay sayers be "absolutely shocked" if Jim does what he does for the 4th time in his long and successful career?
      "Jim, with franchise QB and elite passrushers/safety shock the NFL with playoff appearance."????
      I say we're a shoe in for at LEAST a wildcard
      We are not pessimistic, but maybe a little more realistic!!.
      QJ will have to prove his hands can catch.
      D was awful last year, bring in JH will not eliminate that. Will be better but no one know how much more. We are short on good CB and LB's.
      Do we have a run game? A lot of talk but we really haven't seen it yet and will wait and see. This usually doesn't get fixed over night.
      WR's are a big ? mark. KA was $$ when you need a catch. Do we have that? MW won a lot of "up for grads" balls and we don't know if we have that.
      We do need to open our eyes and see what really happens.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

How many games did this team lose last year by 3 or less points? 7-8!?!?!.
        And that was with Staley..
        You don’t think Jim wins a bunch of those games just on coaching alone?

11-6

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

D was awful last year, bring in JH will not eliminate that. Will be better but no one know how much more. We are short on good CB and LB's.
          Do we have a run game? A lot of talk but we really haven't seen it yet and will wait and see. This usually doesn't get fixed over night.
          WR's are a big ? mark. KA was $$ when you need a catch. Do we have that? MW won a lot of "up for grads" balls and we don't know if we have that.
          I thought I was being generous with my use of "pessimistic" haha my bad.
          1. QJ is a bonus at this point, he will be properly slated anywhere from WR1 to practice squad BIP.
          2. Not depending on Herbert to improve the D. I get it, it will be a question mark but we have lots of raw talent and a young, innovative defensive mind whose system was used by Mike McDonald in last years number 1 defense (? Fact chck me but I think that's right)
          3. CB concern is legitimate. LB--again, we have talent, as much as most teams, and a special talent at S.
          4. The run game is like the Men Fashion Where house, you're going to like the way it looks, I guarantee it.
          5. Herbert is an ELITE qb talent and is expected to make do with average wrs. Chark is a proven 1000 yard wr vet. Laddy is special. The TEs will catch a lot of passes.
          6. We will see it when we believe it ala Patrick Mahomes.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I agree Not pessimistic but actually want to see the W's on the field

That said, I know Harbaugh is the right HC and Hortiz the right GM - well the combo of them
            I see a vision for the team I haven't seen in 20 years since the days of Butler and Marty

Harbaugh has very good idea of what he wants the team to look like - knowing that there is always room to tweak things here and there based on the players and what not

I am bullish on the long term of this team. Just because I think they are an 8 win team and not 12 doesn't mean I am not excited for the team. . Many years I have been uber-positive about the season and I missed the mark. Often!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That said, I know Harbaugh is the right HC and Hortiz the right GM - well the combo of them
              I see a vision for the team I haven't seen in 20 years since the days of Butler and Marty

Harbaugh has very good idea of what he wants the team to look like - knowing that there is always room to tweak things here and there based on the players and what not

I am bullish on the long term of this team. Just because I think they are an 8 win team and not 12 doesn't mean I am not excited for the team. . Many years I have been uber-positive about the season and I missed the mark. Often!
              I don't know what your reasons / rationale are for predicting 8 wins? (sub-.500).

maybe you posted, I read too many posts to keep track, could you elaborate on your analysis? Because "actually want to see" doesn't explain how you get 8 any more than it would explain 4 or 14? That simply states you don't know. and that'd be fine. What are your concerns that put you at 8, though? That would be by most measures is a mediocre season.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                How many games did this team lose last year by 3 or less points? 7-8!?!?!.
                And that was with Staley..
                You don’t think Jim wins a bunch of those games just on coaching alone?

11-6
                There ya go.

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

i agree with everything you said, but i am going with 11 wins. I am always picking 11 or 12 wins though. i am starving for a division title. eternal optimist.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Q had 38 catches, 431 yds, 2 TDs. He's established that he can catch. It's reasonable to expect improvement. We'll keep 6 WRs that are all at least decent receivers.
                    The HC/ DC was fired for incompetence. He actually made his D players as a group, worse than they were as individuals.
                    We'll have the best pass rush in the NFL with Bosa, Mack, Tuli, Dupree and Fox.
                    DB depth is questionable.
                    We'll have a run game. Coaching and player talent are here. How good? A decent avg is the floor.
                    Totally agree, reality has yet to take place. Sep 8 will provide the 1st reality check.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i agree with everything you said, but i am going with 11 wins. I am always picking 11 or 12 wins though. i am starving for a division title. eternal optimist.
                      i really think 10-11 wins is possible.... as long as Herbert and most of our top players stay healthy....

we only have a hand full of teams on our schedule that are expected to have winning record.....

i think our days of losing to bad teams are over.... you will hacve to be a very good well coached team to beat Harbaugh....

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        I know this will be read as brainless fan-rah-rah-bs but I truly believe we're going to absolutely shock the NFL starting 4-0 with 3 dominant wins.

I predict we won't have our annual "wtf game" and lose to a team we're not supposed to..
                        I say we win all games against qbs that are not in Herbert's tier and lose half of the others.

14-3
                        1 seed
                        I've posted before that I think we have a legit shot to win 10 or 11 games. But u could be right about 14...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Q had 38 catches, 431 yds, 2 TDs. He's established that he can catch. It's reasonable to expect improvement. We'll keep 6 WRs that are all at least decent receivers.
                          The HC/ DC was fired for incompetence. He actually made his D players as a group, worse than they were as individuals.
                          We'll have the best pass rush in the NFL with Bosa, Mack, Tuli, Dupree and Fox.
                          DB depth is questionable.
                          We'll have a run game. Coaching and player talent are here. How good? A decent avg is the floor.
                          Totally agree, reality has yet to take place. Sep 8 will provide the 1st reality check.
                          ^ This...Woods still a question mark at FS...and ASJ usually plays in the slot...so for boundary corners, we are counting on Fulton and two recently drafted rooks and whoever else steps up for the other spot...I'd like us to sign at least one decent FA FS and a FA boundary CB...
                          Last edited by Topcat; 05-17-2024, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X