• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

they cut DD he'll last micro seconds on the waiver wire...especially with the new kickoff rules...
    Exactly! DD will be a weapon w/new kickoff rules.
    Trestman will find a way to use DD on offense also... even if it is simply to occupy a deep safety and open it up for others.
    The quick motion the Dolphins used for their WR's last year has to be noticed by Trestman. He's no dummy.

QJ, Chark, JP, and McConkey to compete for WR#1-4.
    Rice and CJ to compete for WR#5
    DD will be the return man... with Jett Sweep, Bubble Screen, and deep shot abilities. He's WR#6.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, Pip is probably the swing tackle... and they'll see if Salyer is an actual NFL guard during training camp.
      They brought in 2 RG's as UDFA's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Karson Barnhart (Michigan) win the starting RG spot.
      Starting: Slater, Zion, Bozeman, Barnhart, Alt
      Depth: Salyer, Pipkins, McFadden.

QJ was criminally mis-used last year. Running precise patterns...? Expecting him to gain separation through pattern running...? WTF were they thinking? They should be fired! Oh yeah... they were. Can we all just relax and see how the new coaching staff uses him...? I know that not getting Nabers or Bowers really threw some for a loop...

There is 0% chance of predicting whether Dobbins stays healthy this year. If he's in there, then Edwards/Dobbins is a rotation that will punish people. I'm ready to punish people. Kimani Vidal was a nice pick-up. And we have zero idea how good/bad Spiller is... let's see what he does behind a real OL. We know he's not very good when he gets hit 3 yards behind the LOS.
      Boy, I sure would be surprised, BoltNut. Barnhart is a tough guy, team first, played wherever they needed him when the guy who was better than him was missing. But in college he was a really limited player and often the weak link on the OL (albeit a GREAT OL) at Michigan. He is slow footed, so much so that he will whiff on blocks or miss his assignment. He can play all over the line, is a hard worker, and has a great attitude. But if he is starting, either Devlin is a magician or we are in trouble. I have my doubts because the Mich OL coach is obviously outstanding and I think Barnhart has reached his ceiling. Fingers crossed I am wrong.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Drops/Targets
        1. Kelley 3/12 = 25%
        2. Guyton 2/21 = 9.5%
        3. Ekeker 6/74 = 8.1%
        4. Parham 3/41 = 7.3%
        5. Palmer 3/61 = 4.9%
        6. QJ 3/67 = 4.5%
        7. Allen 5/150 = 3.3%
        8. Everett 2/70 = 2.9%
        Wow, good research there, Mac...So, Kelley, Guyton, Ekkie, Parham and Palmer were worse in drops, percentage-wise than QJ...put the pitchforks down, people and cut the dude some slack...

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
          Staley was the one who activated Fehoko on the active gameday roster, or made him inactive. It wasn't Kellen Moore. The HC decides who will be active. Jim Harbaugh will decide how many WRs will dress up on the active 47-48. Not Greg Roman.
          No, these are coordinator decisions. The head coach has the the ultimate authority, but his coordinators tell him who they want or don't want to activate on game day. The ST coordinator has input also. The coordinators make their decisions based on input from position coaches.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
            McConkey will be our #1 by mid-season . . . . . . . . . . . QJ is a complete wildcard - HE could be the #1, or he could be a cut / trade candidate. Lots of factors in play . . . . . . .
            Agree with this, especially on QJ. It's really hard to say how his 2024 season will play out. He could make a big step forward or he could bottom out. I have no prediction. If he's underperforming by midseason, he could be shipped out at the trade deadline for a low round pick.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I suspect Pipkins wins the RG job, OG/T Salyer , C/ OG McFadden are backup.

They like OL who can play multiple positions.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Watch again Boltnut. He fails to procur every contested catch last season, which don't necessarily constitute drops. Many out right drops he gets bailed out with a flag.
                He's never open deep, save one or two plays with Stick as qb.

Nice runs on screens and end a-rounds, but you want more from your X receiver than that, much more.
                He either dramatically improves this season, or Rice will pass him on the depth chart.

nice video.... I did not realize howe many times we attempted to get the ball to QJ..... It does look like he has skills and is trying but he definitely needs better coaching...

Camp and pre season will be very interesting to see which of our young but talented WR group blossom? GB and Texans last season had young talented WR groups that played very well!

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

The issue imo is mental
                    I expect a very streaky player moving forward
                    hot steaks and cold steaks alike.
                    depending on his ability to forget the last catch or drop

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Not sure what we’re doing unless it’s moving on from Palmer.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Or...

QJ?
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

What we are looking at here is some serious camp competition at several positions.

It does take a little getting used to, don't it ?
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X