• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Really like Brett. One of the first to predict the Alt at #5 idea.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think it would have required Staley developing him as an NFL player, thats not his forte.

Remember Henley was a fairly recent switch to LB in college ... I did like him in the draft as the third or fourth LB prospect but he was a project and Staley don't do projects. He's a big vision guy like me
      All these TT/Staley "projects"...Henley, Pip, WoodsWhiffy, Oggie, McMeow...ugh...Henley does show some promise, though...

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Really like Brett. One of the first to predict the Alt at #5 idea.
        he makes sense......

I always had thought that most fans and much of the media are too obsessed with WR's.....and this draft was loaded with them....

If Alt, who was by far the top OT, was not there, Chargers would have taken Bowers over the top 3 WR's... or traded down to get a different OT...... even during Harbaughs presser, he mentioned Bowers multiple times, when talking about Mcconkey..... the way both get open and dominate middle of field.....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, if the Bolts play some of those East coast teams in November and especially December, a pretty good chance there's snow up there in Big Bear for a practice to get ready for those games...I'm saying, there's a chance...
          (And nice pun there on "it's snow-where to be found"...your pun skills are improving...)
          you've taught me well, Master

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Telesco!!!!
            What did you expect? Allen and MW are gone. Eckler is gone. Linsey is gone. Everett is gone. That leaves three O line guys in their
            rookie contracts and Pipkins. The rest of the O are backups and rookie or players on their rookie contracts.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you've taught me well, Master

Well done, grasshopper...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. No excuses for the schedule. Granted I do think East coast teams have an inherent advantage as there just aren't a lot of teams on the West Coast. I mean if the AFCN plays the NFCE for their rotation or even the NFCN - they don't travel at all. And there is the whole when you play a team after a bye week, and all that jazz

But no excuses - they get the schedule next week - plenty of time to prepare.
                4 teams on the schedule are central time zone teams; Kansas City, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and New Orleans. Arizona is a part time west coast team, and becomes a mountain time zone team in November.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

4 teams on the schedule are central time zone teams; Kansas City, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and New Orleans. Arizona is a part time west coast team, and becomes a mountain time zone team in November.
                  I've always thought EST teams coming west for night games had maybe a worse shift - but thats probably because I'm not 24 yrs old and I wake up at 5am every day. I'd want to go to bed by half time.

I don't think I ever watched an entire MNF game the Chargers weren't playing (and they didn't play hardly any when I was there '95-'00) when I lived in Michigan, which oddly imagines they are east coast time zone. Of course, MNF started at 6pm back then (~6:10 KO), 9pm eastern, ending after midnight.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

I went to bed one time before the end of a late game.
                    Tampa Bay was leading Indy by 4 TDs late in the 4th.
                    I regretted it. The Colts won that game without their kicker.
                    I don't do it anymore.

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      I bet the Ravens game is Thanksgiving weekend.
                      A BIRD must be sacrificed that day anyway

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

he makes sense......

I always had thought that most fans and much of the media are too obsessed with WR's.....and this draft was loaded with them....

If Alt, who was by far the top OT, was not there, Chargers would have taken Bowers over the top 3 WR's... or traded down to get a different OT...... even during Harbaughs presser, he mentioned Bowers multiple times, when talking about Mcconkey..... the way both get open and dominate middle of field.....
                        I wanted Bowers but now I hope there's a stud in the 2025 draft.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Looks like Pipkins practiced at RG today while Salyer started at RT. Not sure if this was a non rookie event or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X