• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Chris Jones was a second round pick so he wasnt a Chris Jones type either coming out lol.

Id say Murphy and Newton and Robinson have the best chance to be that type. Murphy the best chance to be.

But will he last to 37? He does in Simulators but probably won't come close in reality.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Chris Jones was a second round pick so he wasnt a Chris Jones type either coming out lol.

Id say Murphy and Newton and Robinson have the best chance to be that type. Murphy the best chance to be.

But will he last to 37? He does in Simulators but probably won't come close in reality.
      He was always a Chris Jones type. He just hadn't met Reid / Spags yet.
      Scouts miss all the time.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

He was always a Chris Jones type. He just hadn't met Reid / Spags yet.
        Scouts miss all the time.
        The scouting report on Chris Jones was that he was inconsistent at Mississippi State.
        He had a really quick first step.

Fun fact: Telesco chose Hunter Henry two picks before Chris Jones.

Jason hargrave went later in the 3rd round, after Telesco wasted a selection on Max Tuerk.

Matt Judon went a few picks after the Charger selection in the 5th round: at least Telesco traded that one away.

Telesco couldn't scout the position period ..... which makes me fearful of Matlock/Tito's future.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The scouting report on Chris Jones was that he was inconsistent at Mississippi State.

Jason hargrave went later in the 3rd round, after Telesco wasted a selection on Max Tuerk.

Matt Judon went a few picks after the Charger selection in the 5th round: at least Telesco traded that one away.

Telesco couldn't scout the position period ..... which makes me fearful of Matlock/Tito's future.
          Says a lot about our scouts too. Good thing Hortiz is bringing in some guys. Wish it was before this draft.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Defensive tackles need longer than any other position to develop.
            Draft someone this draft and don't expect stud results until year 3.
            Derek Brown finally lived up to his draft slot this year;
            the same with Justin Madubuike.

Matlock and Tito might have it, or they might only be depth.
            We just don't know. Its not like they had a quality DC and coaching staff to aid them in their development.

At least Matlock played a lot of snaps and made some plays out there.
            Matlock got blown up a lot too. I look forward to see another year of development and how far he can go, I do not see him as a starter. Tito has more upside but even there he was not outstanding. Average often DTs take 3 years, agree - great ones can come in and shine year 1.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

TT was locked in on his AG replacement, there was no diverting his gaze. Max Tuerk… lol. TT has to be in completion for the worst 3rd round record in GM history
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I see a lot of acupuncturist, masseuse, yoga instructors etc. in this team’s offseason 😅

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Says a lot about our scouts too. Good thing Hortiz is bringing in some guys. Wish it was before this draft.
                  We have a load of coaches with very recent college experience. Harbaugh and Minter up front. They observed many of them in games from the sidelines. Watched tape on them to prepare.
                  They're a good reference. It would be a shame not to use in conjunction with Hortiz and his people.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Matlock got blown up a lot too. I look forward to see another year of development and how far he can go, I do not see him as a starter. Tito has more upside but even there he was not outstanding. Average often DTs take 3 years, agree - great ones can come in and shine year 1.
                    I don't see Matlock as great. Mostly useful on tricks and in rotation. Maybe Tukuafu can teach him to play FB. Not a total jest.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      TT has to be in completion for the worst 3rd round record in GM history
                      KA was his first, and that was a homerun. After that, not so much.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We have a load of coaches with very recent college experience. Harbaugh and Minter up front. They observed many of them in games from the sidelines. Watched tape on them to prepare.
                        They're a good reference. It would be a shame not to use in conjunction with Hortiz and his people.
                        I see a much higher weight of opinion coming from Harbaugh and Minter this upcoming draft than even the scouting staff.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

I think Matlock is a Harbaugh type and will be a big part of the Dline this year. Tito, I’m not too sure yet. I do think they will get the best out of Tito.

Comment

Working...
                          X