• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

I think mgmt have been too complacent really since Marty left worrying most about continuity. They stuck w Norv and Aj for far too long and the same w Telesco and his 3 coaching hires. Dean even admiited the tendency.

It is like after almost 20 yrs he sat under a tree and a common sense coconut fell out and konked him in the head. I still can't believe this is all happening.

BAL always had great value drafts going bpa and taking adv of fallers almost the exact opposite of TT and AJ who were locked in on project players and didn't care how many rounds they reached to take them too early.

Good everyone is in place as the Shrine and Senior bowl practices start this week, Sb on the weekend.
    Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 01-30-2024, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

All good reasons for Bowers > Nabors.
      also, how many actual catches do we expect a guy like Nabors to get per game? I'm always emphasizing the impact of deep threats even when they're not catching balls, but the speedy downfield threat is relatively easy to draft day 3 or even UDFA.
      a high volume, dependable, effective and efficient TE is invaluable to us.
      I consider Nabers a more athletic version of Mike Williams without the insane injury history of Mike. Catches insanely well with his hands in front of his body and then turns on a dime up field. I think a lot of coaches would like to have our problem of choices here. One thing we have to agree on is we need Weapons...look at the Ravens game...outside of Lamar the amount of quality playmakers was minimal on offense. 10 points is not going to win you a lot of games...
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I'm in.
        people can change and should be credited and respected accordingly.

But if you start cutting corners again, it back to "baby Spanos" for you Mr. John Spanos!!
        So far - you are correct - since Dec 14 or whatever day they fired Telesco and Staley - the Spanos' have done some good things
        I think they brought in good candidates for GM and HC
        Got the two people I wanted the most in Harbaugh and Hortiz

Kudos

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

This is great. Great continuity. Him and Harbaugh will work great together. And we have a great talent evaluator.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Maybe we should stop calling John Spanos names since he’s probably a big reason Jim is here.
            John Spanos and Dean Spanos deserve our respect. They are trying to win as much as we want them to.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I consider Nabers a more athletic version of Mike Williams without the insane injury history of Mike. Catches insanely well with his hands in front of his body and then turns on a dime up field. I think a lot of coaches would like to have our problem of choices here. One thing we have to agree on is we need Weapons...look at the Ravens game...outside of Lamar the amount of quality playmakers was minimal on offense. 10 points is not going to win you a lot of games...
              To be clear about where I stand on Nabers, he's my favorite WR in the class, I think he's the epitome of a modern weapon at WR and a perfect fit for Herbert.
              It just speaks to what I think of Bowers as more of a fit.
              But Nabors has everything I'm looking for in a WR.
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Lets give it a rest.

The Spanos family is doing all the right things, and spending big, to put a serious championship level organization in place. Ben Herbert was paid more than any strength coach in the NFL for example. He didn't come cheap. Nor did Jesse Minter who was rumored to cost 3-4 million. And then there is Harbaugh...and they nailed a good GM hire.
                All it took was 20 years or so of mediocre for them to see the light, + the epic failures and national embarrassment of Jacksonville and the Raider game . . . . . . . . . . . . Other than that they've been great. I'm beyond glad that they've (finally) got their heads out of the sand, but c'mon - where have they been for the last decade or so????

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

All it took was 20 years or so of mediocre for them to see the light, + the epic failures and national embarrassment of Jacksonville and the Raider game . . . . . . . . . . . . Other than that they've been great. I'm beyond glad that they've (finally) got their heads out of the sand, but c'mon - where have they been for the last decade or so????
                  NOW I'll give it a rest . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

NOW I'll give it a rest . . . . . . . .
                    My baby step is not calling them the Spanii

And truly - have to give them an A+ for each hire
                    Harbaugh and Hortiz were my top two candidates (if you exclude Will McClay - who was probably never leaving Dallas)

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Maybe we should stop calling John Spanos names since he’s probably a big reason Jim is here.
                      for the first time since I've been posting here with you guys, I actually agree with your defense of the Spanos, the Family has earned a huge amount of respect with me, this is a no bullshit we are not just talking out of our asses anymore move so I've pivoted accordingly, credit where credit is due, they hit it out of the park and now they just need to take a step back and let these football guys do their jobs...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

John Spanos and Dean Spanos deserve our respect. They are trying to win as much as we want them to.
                        Sure but hey, it's about fucking time!

I only had to wait til I start filling out my retirement papers for them to see the light. It's been excruciating.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sure but hey, it's about fucking time!

I only had to wait til I start filling out my retirement papers for them to see the light. It's been excruciating.
                          true, it's only taken like what 39-40 years? but hey, I never thought I'd see them do this so I guess better late than never...
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X