• Show
Clear All
  • shogun
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
    The art of quality assurance and "humblize" your players:

Rick Venturi: "He has the most unique way of just getting under everyone's skin. In Cleveland, we ran a cover 2 technique -- where the defensive backs had to jam and run-that was not easy to teach, and my guys were really struggling with it. Bill just turns to me in front of everyone and says, 'This s--- is getting really hard to watch.' And that's it. And you're just going, 'Aw, goddamn it,' and your whole body is tense-I don't know how to put it in words, but you went home and just said to yourself, 'I will never let this s--- happen again.'"

Akiem Hicks (Patriots Defensive End, 2015): "My first game with Bill, I made a play and gave the crowd a little hype signal. And I got back to the sidelines, and he just chewed me out. He said a bunch of expletives to me. It's ingrained in my mind. Bill doesn't mind if it's a passionate thing you do, you make a big play and get up and be excited, but there's a range where, anything after three seconds, you cut that off. Believe me, after that one I didn't step on any other lines."

Aqib Talib: "Once, in practice, Brady threw a seam ball that was intercepted, and Bill, man, he chewed Tom out, saying, 'You got 130 career interceptions,' or whatever it was, 'and half of them are on this route. You keep doing the same s--- over and over and this is what happens.' Right then you know two things about the Patriots and Bill Belichick: Everybody is treated the same, and you better get your s--- together."

Matt Cassel: My rookie year, I got crushed in the back by a corner blitz against the Giants. We're playing them the next year in the last preseason game. He asks me, 'OK, Cassel, what front do they like to bring the corner blitz from?' I had looked it up the night before, anticipating it. I said, 'Coach, it's an over.' And he goes, 'Brady?' Well, you know immediately when he goes to the next guy: 'Oh, no. Oh, no.' And Brady says, 'An under.' And he goes, 'Brady's right. I don't want to have to send your mother another note that says, 'Dear Mrs. Cassel, we regret to inform you that your son got killed being a dumbass.'"
    1bsnh4.jpg

In some ways Bellichek channels Terence Fletcher in his style of coaching. Can't argue the results though. I'd rather have a Terence Fletcher coaching style rather than their having their best bud taking them out for ice cream and has the team yell hip hip hooray after a win.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

No more SHITTY owners.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

"No More Wire Hangers!"
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

I know a lot of people would disagree, but I think that Josh McDaniels has earned a 2nd chance.
          I like 2nd time coaches way more than rookie coaches as a rule. There's always exceptions, but there's too much on-the-job learning with first time coaches. I think Joshy is actually going to be a very good coach at his next stop.
          sigpic

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
            Tom Cable? Yes, he was a Raider HC but he had the most success with those under-talented teams and he punched out one of Al's spies. He's a tough guy whose bad side the players would be hesitant to get on. His offensive lines have gotten Russell Wilson sacked quite a bit though.
            Cable is a big fudamentals guy. He constantly fought with Al over doing basic skill development drills after TC closed, which Al said were unnecessary.

the reason the Seahawks ol sucks is because he is developing it all from scratch. The are letting their FA OL FA walk and traded high priced vets away. The players they have area guys who are draft picks or street FA who he is rebuilding their fundamentals on. But it is turd polishing, plain and simple.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

No thanks to Cable. I don't want anything to do with coaches so out of control they get into fist fights with other coaches in the middle of a meeting along with abusing their wive and girlfriend.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                No thanks to Cable. I don't want anything to do with coaches so out of control they get into fist fights with other coaches in the middle of a meeting along with abusing their wive and girlfriend.
                Maybe he will punch a Spanos?
                sigpic

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Maybe he will punch a Spanos?
                  That alone would be worth hiring him.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Time to punch this nuts
                    sigpic

Comment

• boldarblood
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                      I like 2nd time coaches way more than rookie coaches as a rule. There's always exceptions, but there's too much on-the-job learning with first time coaches. I think Joshy is actually going to be a very good coach at his next stop.
                      Exactly where I am at, first time up he definitely tried to be to much like Bellicheat. I think he has learned a lot, and he is ready for another chance. I think he is also going to be a very good coach in this league.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Joshy for President! I mean "Failures" Head Coach!

The San Diego Failures.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Fuck McHoodie
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X