OG Trente Jones
    RB Miyan Williams
    LB Jordan Magee
    TE Tip Reiman
    RB Daijun Edwards
    CB Johnny Dixon
    RB Ray Davis
    WR Luke McCaffrey
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargerBooster
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Re Center:

If coaches Devlin and Hardwick, both vet ex-NFL centers can’t coach-up and prepare rook prospects, then something is wrong and it might be time to follow another sport, like . . . umm . . tiddley-winks. I believe that won’t be necessary; all that’s needed is providing them with the right prospects, giving them time (the rough one around here), and health.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...waiting for the value players to fall to us...as opposed to TT panicking and trading up because he just HAS to have a certain player...even if he has to cough up multiple picks...let's hope Trader Joe has more wisdom than our former GM...
        Don’t worry - Joe is a Man of Bourbon
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
          Re Center:

If coaches Devlin and Hardwick, both vet ex-NFL centers can’t coach-up and prepare rook prospects, then something is wrong and it might be time to follow another sport, like . . . umm . . tiddley-winks. I believe that won’t be necessary; all that’s needed is providing them with the right prospects, giving them time (the rough one around here), and health.
          I agree. Every coaching move (Harbaugh, Roman, Devlin, Hardwick) seems to indicate they are drafting a rookie center (2nd round?). If I were an OL enthusiast (I am)... then I would get a run-blocking RT (Fuaga) in the 1st round and center (Frazier) in the 2nd round. Roman seems to be the IOL whisperer everywhere he goes. They just picked up one of the best blocking TE's in football in Dissly.

That OL would dominate in the running game. It would make every offensive playmaker better. QB. WR. RB. TE. The ability to play-action pass would be off the charts. KA and JP on short/mid level routes... and QJ on drag routes and deep routes... That would be a load for DC's to stop.

A trade back (coupled with the extra picks) and an extra 3rd (for Mack or Bosa) would give you capital to address defense too (DT, LB, CB).

A dominant OL would allow you to get a RB or TE in the mid-rounds that would fit nicely and be productive.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            RB Keilan Robinson
            OT Tylan Grable
            OG Trente Jones
            RB Miyan Williams
            LB Jordan Magee
            TE Tip Reiman
            RB Daijun Edwards
            CB Johnny Dixon
            RB Ray Davis
            WR Luke McCaffrey
            I certainly hope we draft better RB prospects than those guys. Davis i dont mind but for a team that wants to run, Edwards and Williams imo are Rountree and Kelly all over again. I think we need better talent at RB. Baltimore WHEN they drafted RBs to start went for 2nd rounders. Hope we go at least 3rd round.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Baltimore RBs are/were Justice Hill (4th round), Dobbins (2nd), Gus (UDFA), Mitchell (UDFA). Over the years they added FA guys like Mark Ingram, Jatavius Murray, Justin Forcett, Devonta Freeman. SO they basically have invested less draft capital in the position than even our Chargers have.

In the way back machine they did draft Jamal Lewis in round one I think, and Ray Rice was 2nd rounder?

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I agree. Every coaching move (Harbaugh, Roman, Devlin, Hardwick) seems to indicate they are drafting a rookie center (2nd round?). If I were an OL enthusiast (I am)... then I would get a run-blocking RT (Fuaga) in the 1st round and center (Frazier) in the 2nd round. Roman seems to be the IOL whisperer everywhere he goes. They just picked up one of the best blocking TE's in football in Dissly.

That OL would dominate in the running game. It would make every offensive playmaker better. QB. WR. RB. TE. The ability to play-action pass would be off the charts. KA and JP on short/mid level routes... and QJ on drag routes and deep routes... That would be a load for DC's to stop.

A trade back (coupled with the extra picks) and an extra 3rd (for Mack or Bosa) would give you capital to address defense too (DT, LB, CB).

A dominant OL would allow you to get a RB or TE in the mid-rounds that would fit nicely and be productive.
                Was it McFadden played center during drills at his senior bowl, did quite well? Maybe we already have our center? Just needs coached up.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Was it McFadden played center during drills at his senior bowl, did quite well? Maybe we already have our center? Just needs coached up.
                  Could be. I don't remember. IIRC, McFadden played center in HS... but never in college.
                  Asking a guy to play a position they've never played in college (or the pros) is a huge gamble.
                  The new coaching staff would only be guessing... as they haven't worked with them yet.
                  The other thing of note... the previous regime liked to take college tackles and try them @OG (Jaimes, Salyer, Lamp). Even Zion played OT his last year @BC (but did play LG the year before). I'm not sure what the new regime prefers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Could be. I don't remember. IIRC, McFadden played center in HS... but never in college.
                    Asking a guy to play a position they've never played in college (or the pros) is a huge gamble.
                    The new coaching staff would only be guessing... as they haven't worked with them yet.
                    The other thing of note... the previous regime liked to take college tackles and try them @OG (Jaimes, Salyer, Lamp). Even Zion played OT his last year @BC (but did play LG the year before). I'm not sure what the new regime prefers.
                    That's what Miami asked Conner Williams to do. He never played OC at Texas or Dallas.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's what Miami asked Conner Williams to do. He never played OC at Texas or Dallas.
                      Of course Williams was a 2nd rounder... started immediately @OG. Then had many years of NFL experience before moving to OC @Miami. Seems like apples to oranges. For the record, I liked McFadden... but we haven't really seen what he's capable of @NFL level. IIRC, Jaimes got the start @OC when we needed spot duty @OC.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I certainly hope we draft better RB prospects than those guys. Davis i dont mind but for a team that wants to run, Edwards and Williams imo are Rountree and Kelly all over again. I think we need better talent at RB. Baltimore WHEN they drafted RBs to start went for 2nd rounders. Hope we go at least 3rd round.
                        was in response to the below two posts.... when you gonna go out on a limb and name some names for day three.... even day two ?? who you got Jolt ??

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is so much depth at several of our positions of need.

We are gonna score value by waiting somewhere.
                        Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Prospects drop every round, every draft, 100% of the time.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

was in response to the below two posts.... when you gonna go out on a limb and name some names for day three.... even day two ?? who you got Jolt ??

Think I've done that many times,many times. Just yesterday in fact.

My #1 now that id like to have is Wright, then I like Benson, Allen, Corum, Lloyd, Estime, R. Davis.. not necessarily in that order. I still like Brooks in there but doubt he will be ready. Any of the first 4 I named would be cool, then the next group.

If none of them I'm looking at FA RBs or maybe a trade

Comment

Working...
                          X