• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    I hear ya. What's amusing to me is that no one knows who Brady Popinnga is.
    I never heard of him either until this thread. I looked him up, amazing I never knew him while he played too. A bum.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      I never heard of him either until this thread. I looked him up, amazing I never knew him while he played too. A bum.
      So.. along the lines of a Dan Sileo?
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        They were moving in stereo.
        Life's insane
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Brady Poppinga was marginal player who might have been pmore productive if he had played in a 34 D, and not had much more talented teammates. But he was never going to be a superstar. He had marginal physical skills.

His bashing Bosa shows that while he was a solid player, he never really got it. It takes more than just effort to be a great player. Bosa is an effort player, but he has great leverage, power, quickness and knows how to use it. I get why people didn't like Bosa coming out, but if you just watch how college players play, and compare them to NFL players, the guys whose game most resembles an NFL player are the ones who will be most successful quickly. Some others will change their game and adapt, but that takes time. Bosa was pretty NFL ready, and while he has stepped his game up, he is doing it so quickly because he was already doing most of it pretty much like he should have from the beginning.

Jack Conklin was the other guy I loved in the draft, and for the same reason. He and Bosa got knocked for not having great measureables, but that was never the point. They get it, prepare like pros and really embrace the technique side of things. And they have enough of the right kind of athletic skills to still be elite guys.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Bosa with another sack. Nice that the QB goes down when Bosa gets his hands on him. Ingram left 2 sacks out there today because he couldn't finish.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

I think Bosa have some fatigue problems in the 4th. But when he's in full strength he's so enjoyable to watch. He's one of the best at finishing tackles, especially the sacks.

It's like a lion teeth's on his prey's kneck. Won't let go until the play is over.

A lot of the most slippery QBs got wrested down by Bosa WWE style, lol.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Bosa can finish and that's nice to see, especially when we have guys like Ingram who can get to the QB in a hurry but can't seem to seal the deal.

Anyone know what kind of injury he reportedly had yesterday? Someone mentioned he was checked out by physicians for some unspecified reason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                  Bosa with another sack. Nice that the QB goes down when Bosa gets his hands on him. Ingram left 2 sacks out there today because he couldn't finish.
                  Agree, I don't think I'd sign Ingram if it is going to cost us 50-60 million. Imo he hasn't earned a contract like that.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Ingram gets what the market says he's worth. And with the expanding salary cap, it's a lot. We need to make every effort to pay him market rates and not try to lowball him. We can't lose productive second contract guys.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Ingram isn't worth 60 million regardless of the market. He has had one decent season and this year with Bosa hasn't done much. I wouldn't mind if he were productive but he isn't very productive. Two big whiffs yesterday. He needs to make those plays. He doesn't get to the QB very often
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-05-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

McCoy said rookie end Joey Bosa “felt great” Monday morning. Bosa was sidelined for a few plays Sunday by an undisclosed ailment.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

pass rushers are expensive. When you say that $60 mill is too expensive, it depends a lot of how long a deal it is.

Based on the going rate, his comparables are about $10-$12 mill per year. Keep in mind Justin Houtson is getting $16+ mill per year and Miller is getting $19+ mill per season.

Equally important however, is that it normally takes 2-4 years to develop good pass rushers. So the idea of doing it on the cheap and then using a high pick on a pass rusher to not have to pay them doesn't really work that well. They develop just in time to leave and be really productive for someone else, since rookie contracts run out in 4 years (plus an option year for 1st round picks).

And saying we have Bosa to do all the pass rushing is pretty useless. Bosa's sack numbers have come way down the last few games because he is getting double teamed to death. The only reason he is getting pressure is because Ingram draws some attention away. You have to have multiple pass rushers. We need another edge guy and at least 1 inside pass rusher, so we need to spend more on pass rushers, not less.

Comment

Working...
                          X