Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
    This reminds me of the movie Gus before they got the mule.

Hopefully Telesco will be on the horn to the former Yugoslavia after the game. Not looking for a field goal kicking mule and holder, but for a new job for himself and Coach Mc#%$^!
    This team does resemble a Yugo.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

It looks like it was hastily put together in the 80's by a crumbling communist regime
      Not to worry, Spanos bought some paint.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
        Think about how much criticism McCoy would have gotten if they went for it on 4th down and failed.
        Maybe they should have gone for a 1st down on 3rd instead of setting up for a fg.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          The Raiders secondary has to be the worst I have ever seen, and I've seen many with the Bolts. I texted ViejoBolt that Alan Ellis would be a shutdown corner for them (you young people wouldn't know who he was). They not only couldn't cover but were out of position to make tackles after the catch. We should thank them for keeping the game close despite our 4 turnovers. As to blaming the punter for the loss, well that can be shared with others on the team. Rivers threw two terrible picks, one that led to 3 points at the end of the first half. That also was the point differential of the game. You had a Gates fumble (which likely cost at least 3 points) and Gordon's fumble which led to 7 for the Raiders.

This is a poorly coached team that doesn't have a lot of talent (and what little they have has a hard time staying on the field). You can blame McCoy for the former and TT for the latter. They are also dealing with the distraction of not knowing if they are playing for their fans in SD or some unknown fans somewhere else. Thankfully today's meltdown will seal the deal on McCoy though he is unlikely to be fired until Friday. Personally, I'd fire him today just to make a statement and since it is likely Wisenhunt would be promoted I really don't see that having an impact on game planning for Thursday. It might have an impact on the emotional readiness of the team. That will only get rid of one third of the problem with this organization.
          I guess I'm okay with canning him after a loss on Thursday because then Whiz or Pagano or cardboard cutout with headset, has a few extra days to get their HC act together for the next game.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Raiders secondary has to be the worst I have ever seen, and I've seen many with the Bolts. I texted ViejoBolt that Alan Ellis would be a shutdown corner for them (you young people wouldn't know who he was). They not only couldn't cover but were out of position to make tackles after the catch. We should thank them for keeping the game close despite our 4 turnovers. As to blaming the punter for the loss, well that can be shared with others on the team. Rivers threw two terrible picks, one that led to 3 points at the end of the first half. That also was the point differential of the game. You had a Gates fumble (which likely cost at least 3 points) and Gordon's fumble which led to 7 for the Raiders.

This is a poorly coached team that doesn't have a lot of talent (and what little they have has a hard time staying on the field). You can blame McCoy for the former and TT for the latter. They are also dealing with the distraction of not knowing if they are playing for their fans in SD or some unknown fans somewhere else. Thankfully today's meltdown will seal the deal on McCoy though he is unlikely to be fired until Friday. Personally, I'd fire him today just to make a statement and since it is likely Wisenhunt would be promoted I really don't see that having an impact on game planning for Thursday. It might have an impact on the emotional readiness of the team. That will only get rid of one third of the problem with this organization.
            I agree wholeheartedly. It would have no negative impact and would either be a positive or at the very worst, status quo. Can't get any worse. Fire McCoy tomorrow morning and install Wiz.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think spanos means turd polisher in Greek.
              Just means turd.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                How long have you posted in this parts, Amigo? And look around at the MAJORITY of posts in the last 100 or so in this thread. Why single out me? The 'Raider fan' thing *was* funny, but it's getting kinda old. I mean, if it's a joke, then let me apologize for being humorless. But if you - or anyone - is serious...well...then my insults back atcha are well placed.
                I've been here for a very long time. I remember your Parella episode and I remember a lot of years before that. I remember your Leaf hatred and it was spot on. It's cool if you don't remember me. You're old and I don't post much. I've always liked you and I still do. You posted something to me and Chris that meant a lot to me a long time ago, and I'm still grateful. I singled you out because you posted in huge letters and I was pissed off about the result of the game. Yes, I do still care about our crappy team. I'm a Chargers fan. I think you are, too, but we obviously react to things in our own way. At this point it's already water under the bridge.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Cutting players is a bigger statement. Kaser has to go doesn't he? He can't even punt then he botches a snap on the FG. Gordon again cost us seven, fumbling in our own territory but you can't cut him and otherwise is playing well. Yeah McCoy needs to be canned and I'm for it but will it make a difference this season? I doubt it.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    I'm still thinking that Rivers INT before the half really doomed us.
                    With 2 minutes on the clock and 2 TO's in our pocket, we could have put points on the board there. A couple of really lousy decisions and executions gave the ball back to the Turds with great field position.
                    Obviously Kaser is a total washout but hell, who knows? If we keep the ball one more play, we run more time off the clock, Oakland doesn't get that 3 and we're tied right now.
                    Ugh......too many what ifs.....same f**king story every year with this bunch. Just not good enough. Time for a total overhaul.
                    With the way Kaser is punting this year, the Rivers hail mary INT was probably a better choice.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Some people would rather look for a scape goat poster. Little people, all.
                      im not coming to your defense. I just found the post to be not grounded in reality.

People post a lot on gameday a, not so much other days.

This team sucks and has been making the same mistakes for 4 years. That's not negativity. That's reality.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                        Think about how much criticism McCoy would have gotten if they went for it on 4th down and failed.
                        Seriously?

McCoy go for it in that situation? Have you not watched the last 4 seasons?

Had he gone for it and the offense all get torn acl's at least he would've been anti-McCoy. But that's not possible
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

I remember you, Boltergeist. And if I said something, long ago, that meant a lot to you, then rest assured I meant it - just as much today as I did back then. This board doesn't represent my 'world view'; nor do the Chargers dictate, anymore, my mood. For the record, I'm no Raider fan, anymore than I'm a fan of any other team that doesn't play in San Diego. But I gotta believe most people - most - enjoy pulling my leg about that. So be it. I'll back off.

Comment

Working...
                          X