• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

NFL Player Team Report Cards 2024

The Chargers ranked 30th in the NFLPA’s club report cards. Players said the two most significant issues were food, which ranked last in taste and freshness, and the way the team travels. These all should improve with Harbaugh and Ben Herbert now. As well as the new facility.

However, I don’t know how much these scores actually translates over to on the field success given that the Chiefs graded out worse than us. They were ranked 31st.
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

The Chargers ranked 30th in the NFLPA’s club report cards. Players said the two most significant issues were food, which ranked last in taste and freshness, and the way the team travels. These all should improve with Harbaugh and Ben Herbert now. As well as the new facility.

However, I don’t know how much these scores actually translates over to on the field success given that the Chiefs graded out worse than us. They were ranked 31st.
    They ranked low in those catagories before last season and seems it hasnt improved. I see they got a B for Nutitionist but a F in food. Seems kinda wrong but i guess if the nutritionist makes shit food, i dont taste good. Need a better nutritionist.

Ill also guess since these guys are young, they just prefer BBQ and Cheesburgers to food thats good for you lol.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Not surprisingly given the Spanos family started their fortune feeding migrant workers baloney sandwiches every day.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I know it is helpful feedback for the team but as a citizen I really don't give a crap. These guys all eat like kings, for free (do they provide targeted, nutrionist made, meals for you for free at your job?) and they travel on private jets. Sorry a pet peeve of mine, just like giving awards to actors and actresses for doing their jobs is a peeve of mine.

Grumpy and old....
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I know it is helpful feedback for the team but as a citizen I really don't give a crap. These guys all eat like kings, for free (do they provide targeted, nutrionist made, meals for you for free at your job?) and they travel on private jets. Sorry a pet peeve of mine, just like giving awards to actors and actresses for doing their jobs is a peeve of mine.

Grumpy and old....
            they don't have employee of the month down at the warehouse mega-retail center? maybe they just havent told you because ... well ... you know. Bring your A game, brah!

I laugh at the report card - they complain about daycare. Why are players bringing their kids to the facility? I have kids, my company doesn't pay for daycare and I don't bring them to work often enough to warrant a suggestion card in the HR box.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

So we finally beat the Chiefs at something

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

My personal opinion is that Spanos should be doing more to treat the players well, even if it doesn’t necessarily correlate to winning.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                  Let's do this!
                  • Aug 2022
                  • Raleigh N. Carolina
                  • Send PM

Those of you comparing your jobs and employers to an NFL team are hilarious.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

My personal opinion is that Spanos should be doing more to treat the players well, even if it doesn’t necessarily correlate to winning.
                    He has notoriously been a shitty owner on many levels

This report is obviously for pre-harbaugh, pre facility in El Segundo, pre hortiz - but the data in the past is a reason he has been called Spanii for many years

Interesing thing about owner grades - if you inherited the team, you had a lower average grade than if you bought the team. Just me, but maybe have some business acumen other than being born gives a person a perspective on how to run a team and manage employees

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I admit I did sneak a look at how the head coaches were rated.....

Staley...............
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I admit I did sneak a look at how the head coaches were rated.....

Staley...............
                        saw that too -had to do a double check. He got a B and the Ownership got a C+
                        Nothing for the GM that I can recall

I keep saying it but Staley the HC was better than Staley the DC and that was a major blindspot for him that he probably shouldn't have been calling plays. His reaction in Green Bay to Popper showed that

I think a lot of times Staley went for it on 4th down - didn't mind. I also thought it created a mindset of winning. Now , the Raider game in year 1 - at your own 18 - not good. And the Cleveland game - still think you punt it away

Looks like Staley is taking a year off -- hasn't been hired yet

Comment

Working...
                        X