• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

The calls were correct for the most part. But DEN did commit some cheap fouls tonight, probably due to the fact that they were play without their usual head coach. So they were a bit indiscipline and out of character.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Wolfe's cheap shot was their worst. Unfortunately, the end result was only a FG.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

The calls were correct, I agree.
        The chance they are called in 2 weeks... not bloody likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

The visiting offense always seem to have the hardest time on these Thursday night games. Defensive pressure will also lead to a lack of disciplined play.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
            Lmao sure seems quiet here after a win.
            That's because some posters only seem to come on the board when we lose.

Comment

• X-man
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Mccoy is very consevative....but I agree with TTK that while last Sunday was the day to go for it on 4th down (make it or not)...today for the most part, the defense was lights out. Last week our offense was moving at will...while our defense wasnt stopping them at the end. Instead of playing for win...Mccoy was counting on a tie with a fg and for the defense to prevent a fg in return by the faiders. Derek Carr was gonna be ripe for another 4th qtr comeback if you ask me.
              Today it seemed the exact opposite... the defense was able to make the plays while they were out there more then the offense towards the end (too many players have fumbled or made bone headed plays to make me comfortable with them finishing the game.) 2nd half adjustments by the Broncos defense and miscommunication with rivers and his receivers would have made it a very big uphill battle to come back on the Broncos if we had to...but at least the Bolts defense was able to stymie the Broncos offense for the majority of the game. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for the Broncos seemingly playing with a qb with a clipped wing...we have lost many guys ourselves (for the season) and they still seemed perfectly happy to want to destroy us.
              Re: Mccoy...he gets to live another game. I do feel a little for the guy...but instead of burying your head in your hands hoping your guys make a play...coach them up! If they don't have the situational awareness to stay away from punt returns where they are outnumbered by the opposition and they allow the ball to bounce off of their leg to allow for the oppositions recovery...or your an ollineman who has no business trying to catch a punt...you have every right as a coach...Mike mccoy...to bypass your assistants and get in your players ears before such disasters can happen. That is your right as a head coach...so please...instead of hoping they understand...MAKE them understand. If any of those four losses should teach you, mike... players on this team are just begging for some guidance...but YOU got to rely on yourself to get it through to them...not your assistants. Otherwise...at the end of every 4th quarter...go ahead bury that head in between your hands...and HOPE your team is able to WILL one out. Just one thing though..just look at our current record and tell me how that has worked out for you so far.
              Last edited by X-man; 10-13-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                Lmao sure seems quiet here after a win.
                Some of us were at the game.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                  Because it was so unconvincing that it's barely even worth talking about. We played no different than the rest of the season, Jags game aside, but it "worked" for once because it was a Thursday night game against an interim coach and a gimpy game-manager QB.
                  My god it must be miserable in your world. Give it a rest. 1 day the Broncos are on your list of elite teams in the league, but after the Chargers pull out the win you make excuses for them. Their defense was whole and complete, yet we won the time of possession battle. We converted a 4th down on them and kept Rivers uniform relatively clean. Just what would have been a "convincing" win? You don't beat a team like the Donks in the manner that we beat the Jags. They're the defending SB Champs for a reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    My god it must be miserable in your world. Give it a rest. 1 day the Broncos are on your list of elite teams in the league, but after the Chargers pull out the win you make excuses for them. Their defense was whole and complete, yet we won the time of possession battle. We converted a 4th down on them and kept Rivers uniform relatively clean. Just what would have been a "convincing" win? You don't beat a team like the Donks in the manner that we beat the Jags. They're the defending SB Champs for a reason.
                    Good points. The TOP and ball control offense worked well in the 1st half, as it did the 1st season Wiz was here. It stifles even the best defenses even when they know what we are doing. If ever there was a "personality" this team could live by, that is it. Gotta wonder why they abandon it so often.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Love that we were running from the I so much last night.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        Love that we were running from the I so much last night.
                        I like it better when we are passing.

Our running game is still mostly pointless. Our passing game is better at controlling the clock than our running game is. Our passing game is better at not turning the ball over than our running game is. Our passing game is better than everything about our running game.

Even when the other team knows we're going to pass, we still have chances to pick up big gains. When the other team knows we're going to run, our only hope is a lucky spot from the refs.

I'm not saying we should give up on our running game, but let's not use it to try to suck time off the clock. (It's been a losing strategy every week). Let's just use it so the other team's defense can't completely play the pass on every down and to have the hope that some day we'll get better at running.

By the way - the Chargers averaged 3.6 yards per carry last year. This year, we're at 3.5.

And, this year, Gordon is averaging 3.3 yards per carry from shotgun and 3.4 when Rivers is under center. And, in I-formation, he's gaining 2.7 yards per carry.
                        Last year, Gordon was at 3.8 from shotgun and only 2.7 when Rivers was under center. In I-formation, the average was 2 yards even.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2016, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                          I like it better when we are passing.

Our running game is still mostly pointless. Our passing game is better at controlling the clock than our running game is. Our passing game is better at not turning the ball over than our running game is. Our passing game is better than everything about our running game.

Even when the other team knows we're going to pass, we still have chances to pick up big gains. When the other team knows we're going to run, our only hope is a lucky spot from the refs.

I'm not saying we should give up on our running game, but let's not use it to try to suck time off the clock. (It's been a losing strategy every week). Let's just use it so the other team's defense can't completely play the pass on every down and to have the hope that some day we'll get better at running.

By the way - the Chargers averaged 3.6 yards per carry last year. This year, we're at 3.5.

And, this year, Gordon is averaging 3.3 yards per carry from shotgun and 3.4 when Rivers is under center. And, in I-formation, he's gaining 2.7 yards per carry.
                          Last year, Gordon was at 3.8 from shotgun and only 2.7 when Rivers was under center. In I-formation, the average was 2 yards even.
                          I have to disagree.

If we stick with our run game and avoid tendencies so we aren't predictable, I think we will see Gordon break off more big runs like last night. It was the same way with LT. Gain 3...3...4...-1...Boom 20+
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X