• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-man
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
    Ironically, that's where are chargers are heading this week. Think mccoy can find a much simpler place and time for his team to steal a victory this weekend? I say that the team take the train instead to find out..

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Philon isn't even in the rotation any more. He was inactive last week. He is not on the injury report.
      Philon no pain.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
        Philon no pain.
        Its the no gain part thats more important.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• BoltFan84
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Philon hasn't been playing well. He's not stout and gets shoved out easily. On several goal-line and 3rd down stands, he had little leverage and got turned around, losing view of ball/play.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Philon went from starter, getting puff pieces in the paper (likely to cushion the Bosa standoff) to a guy who isn't even in the rotation any more. He was inactive last week. He is not on the injury report. So did he tick someone off or is he just not a very good player at this point?

Our ace reporters have said zilch about this after building him up all off and preseason.

TG
            I think it may have been a numbers game as far as being inactive....Bolts have a lot of DB s out
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

looks like he'll be replacing Reid now and get playing time.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I wonder if it just comes down with coaches not able to develop talent, Philon and Carrether have potential and we seen small bits even though they were later picks, but maybe these guys aren't being coached up. The more telling supporting story is look at the earlier DL picks they haven't shown nothing to make you say I am glad we drafted this guy other than Joey Bosa. When you get a Joey Bosa type there isn't a lot of coaching up to do at that point your point out tips, and help with film study. If we don't draft a stud they just don't pan out to be anything other than average. I say it comes down to D-line coaching or lack of. How is it we coach up drafted WR to be key contributors, Malcom Floyd, Tyrell Williams coaching makes a difference.

Think about it
                2011 1st round Corey Liguet - showed potential and now average at best
                2012 2nd round Kendell Reyes -show potential and flash signs, never went to next level signed with Washington cut, then recently signed by Kansas City
                2014 5th round Ryan Carrether- show potential has strength and has the measurable recently cut
                2015 6th round Darius Philon- we got excited about his potential and now we are asking what happen
                2016 1st round Joey Bosa - you and I can coach him

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  I wonder if it just comes down with coaches not able to develop talent, Philon and Carrether have potential and we seen small bits even though they were later picks, but maybe these guys aren't being coached up. The more telling supporting story is look at the earlier DL picks they haven't shown nothing to make you say I am glad we drafted this guy other than Joey Bosa. When you get a Joey Bosa type there isn't a lot of coaching up to do at that point your point out tips, and help with film study. If we don't draft a stud they just don't pan out to be anything other than average. I say it comes down to D-line coaching or lack of. How is it we coach up drafted WR to be key contributors, Malcom Floyd, Tyrell Williams coaching makes a difference.

Think about it
                  2012 2nd round Kendell Reyes -show potential and flash signs, never went to next level signed with Washington cut, then recently signed by Kansas City
                  2014 5th round Ryan Carrether- show potential has strength and has the measurable recently cut
                  2015 6th round Darius Philon- we got excited about his potential and now we are asking what happen
                  2016 1st round Joey Bosa - you and I can coach him
                  don't forget we finally changed FL coaches this off season. Philon looked better than ever, Luiget is playing well, Mebane was a good pickup, and Reid was plucked from somewhere and helped here. I blamed former DL coach Don Johnson for a lot of the problems we had with talent development and use and it seems to be changing....?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• BoltFan84
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                    Think about it
                    To call Liugit average at best is quite a disservice. He is a cornerstone of the defensive line and an excellent leader on the field and the locker room. He played injured last year and wasn't nearly 100%. Otherwise, he has been worth his draft grade and more.

Defensive line was beat up last year and to be fair to previous coach, he didn't have likes of Mebane, Bosa or healthy Palepoi. Damion Square showed promise toward end of last year. Nonetheless, defensive line is doing a lot better this year.
                    Last edited by BoltFan84; 10-26-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Liuget does NOT play up to his draft status. He is a 3 technique DT and he is not getting much in the way of pressure on the QB let alone sacks, and is not a consistent run defender. His cap hit is nearly $10 mill per season for the rest of the contract. He has 21 sacks over the 6 years in his career, so he averages 3.5 sacks per year.

He got a big contract, but it is structured a lot like Butlers was. He can be cut in pretty short order. Prior to this season, we couldn't cut him because of the guaranteed money, but a lot of that is guaranteed salary, not bonus money. He got the contract because he is big, strong and has great quickness. He flashes great ability, but It is not like he is considered productive.

I am not suggesting we cut him, but he needs to start playing up to his contract soon or we need to cut his ass. It is just not a good investment to tie up that much money in a player who is geting a ton of snaps and is not producing. And this accounts for the fact that he is a 34 DE.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

It's funny to hear different perspectives about how players are viewed. I listened to an interview with Caraun Reid after the Colts game and he was asked about his fellow linemen (this was before Bosa played) and what stood out to him and he said it was the play of Liuget. He said watching game film of him showed Liuget as a very disruptive player who is always causing havoc and commanding a lot of attention by other teams. I don't watch game film so I can't say one way or another, but that is in direct contrast to how he is viewed here.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

I think Liuget is an excellent player who has suffered from having no one else around him. Reyes never panned out, never really had a NT to speak of, Ingram was injured a lot, Butler was the main MLB. Basically, the front 7 has been Liuget and 6 practice squad players...until now. When your the only threat in the front 7 its pretty easy to remove you from the equation and IMO that's what has been happening to Liuget.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X