• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Gus is a solid signing at 3.25 million for what the Chargers are trying to do no question. But I am not sure i would call him a bonafide starting RB. He has been a committee back his entire career, and huge reason he got as many snapps as he actually did is because Dobbins, who was drafted in the 2nd round to play ahead of him, can never stay healthy. Gus is a 2 down back only, who has 30 receptions in his entire career.

Not to be negative, just trying to keep reality. There is a reason he signed at 3,25 and other RBs are sigining in the 8-12 range. He is a decent signing that will provide the power element to a RB committee, but he has never been a complete back or a real starting RB. There is a big need here to bring in a 1B running back that can play 3rd down, catch some passes, and bring a speed element.
    IMO, Edwards is a solid guy who will fill an important void, but he'll be more impactful as a blocker than as an offensive producer.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

IMO, Edwards is a solid guy who will fill an important void, but he'll be more impactful as a blocker than as an offensive producer.
      I think Gus is a solid player who will fulfill his role within a RB committee. I was just trying to keep perspective of who he is.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

I think Gus is a solid player who will fulfill his role within a RB committee. I was just trying to keep perspective of who he is.
        I'm not disagreeing with you. He meets an obvious need, and is one of several new pieces needed to overhaul the running game.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

would still like a rookie bruiser.... Gus might still be ticking, but he has taken a beating
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Gus is a solid signing at 3.25 million for what the Chargers are trying to do no question. But I am not sure i would call him a bonafide starting RB. He has been a committee back his entire career, and huge reason he got as many snapps as he actually did is because Dobbins, who was drafted in the 2nd round to play ahead of him, can never stay healthy. Gus is a 2 down back only, who has 30 receptions in his entire career.

Not to be negative, just trying to keep reality. There is a reason he signed at 3,25 and other RBs are sigining in the 8-12 range. He is a decent signing that will provide the power element to a RB committee, but he has never been a complete back or a real starting RB. There is a big need here to bring in a 1B running back that can play 3rd down, catch some passes, and bring a speed element.
            Agree. We will draft another. Draft Wright with the 4.38 speed at 210 then hammer them with Gus and get Spiller some work as well.

Comment

• Iowa70
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I keep trying to wrap my head around the Chargers having a legit, bonafide, straight up starting RB. Can’t even remember when that last was…
              LT???

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                WustinSlurbert
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowa70 View Post

LT???
                Melvin Gordon in 2018. If the fine folks here don't want to include MG because he's a traitor in our hearts, then I will go Ryan Mathews in 2013.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

If it's not LT, it is N. Means.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I keep trying to wrap my head around the Chargers having a legit, bonafide, straight up starting RB. Can’t even remember when that last was…
                    I'm trying to remember when we had an OL that could run block. Probably before TT's tenure.

I assume that's the first thing Harbaugh is trying to establish here based on today.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We don't even know what we have with Dotson. Now we can look at RBs in the 4th-6th round and not sweat it out!
                      I still have high hopes for Dot...with our revamped O-line, I'm guessing Dot would do well...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        2 things: 1) he gets up into the line quickly, and 2) he keeps moving forward.
                        Perfect 1st and 2nd down back to put behind JH.
                        Got a bruising TE to help Gus. What's next- a veteran Center?
                        Gus is also sneaky and shifty...has a nice cut and burst...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I still have high hopes for Dot...with our revamped O-line, I'm guessing Dot would do well...
                          What are you talking about ?

Comment

Working...
                          X