• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerBooster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Truthfully I have not been a Bosa fan for the past few seasons, or so. Perhaps longer.

His restructuring like he did melted something in my heart and now I am fully back rooting for Bosa. May not mean a doggone thing, but to me his doing that was a class, giving, self-sacrificing move. Forgive my absent, lapsed Bosa-fanship, which has been magically restored.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

"Looooooooad management" is Key.

download (1).jpg
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Scharnhorst43
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Not a fan of keeping him. His occasional sack benefit is cancelled by his frequent personal foul and offside penalties. Plus his frequent injuries wastes a roster spot. Its a short 17 week season and we need gladiators who can suck it up and be there for it. Eating raisin bran in the clubhouse while we lose another one just doesn't warrant a spot on this team, unless we are satisfied with mediocrity. And we have been.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Scharnhorst43 View Post
          Not a fan of keeping him. His occasional sack benefit is cancelled by his frequent personal foul and offside penalties. Plus his frequent injuries wastes a roster spot. Its a short 17 week season and we need gladiators who can suck it up and be there for it. Eating raisin bran in the clubhouse while we lose another one just doesn't warrant a spot on this team, unless we are satisfied with mediocrity. And we have been.
          Offsides stuff he was doing his whole career. The sideline tantrums should be tempered due to Harbaugh effect.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

xDDD
            Attached Files

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Looking at the thread title he needs a restructuring of mind and body

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

From what I read, his contract was restructured to give him leverage next year in exchange for a pay cut now.

Gat ready to see him and Mack leave after this year. At least that seems to be the plan.
                sigpic

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                  From what I read, his contract was restructured to give him leverage next year in exchange for a pay cut now.

Gat ready to see him and Mack leave after this year. At least that seems to be the plan.
                  i think that plan sounds ok. the cap will be on our side next year and we can work things out in FA and the draft.

the big key is having mack and bosa stay healthy for this year. the big IF is bosa staying on the field.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I'm not sure leverage is the right word, more like guaranteed he'll be cut. His cap number is $36.4 million ($13m in base salary, $11.1m for the final part of his prorated signing bonus and $12.3m in a roster bonus) next year and if we cut him before the roster bonus is due we free up $25.3 million to go along with $11.1m in dead cap money.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i think that plan sounds ok. the cap will be on our side next year and we can work things out in FA and the draft.

the big key is having mack and bosa stay healthy for this year. the big IF is bosa staying on the field.
                      I'm with you on that one.

It's looking like a two stage rebuild. Offense first, defense next year. At least that seems to be what I'm seeing.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

I posted about this on another thread, Joey didn't do shit until AFTER the chargers became cap compliant, okay? let's just be honest about this, this so called pay cut is nothing more than a "leveraged buyout" of the remaining 2 years of his contract, Hortiz masterfully did what he could by holding on to his selfish ass until the FA market had saturated itself a bit, Joey knew damn well he was better off taking the 15mil guaranteed base salary because with him hitting the market at that stage he wouldn't have gotten anything more than a shitty 1 year "prove it deal", now he gets his prove it deal at his 15mil guaranteed yearly salary and on a team that finally will have competent coaching AND he get's to be free in 2025 which is what he was really after...I think Joey decided to take a contract extension with the chargers because they made him one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL, totally undeserved and stupid fucking deal that reeked of old way of doing business by the organization...But Joey could give a fuck about this organization or the the team, that much has been obvious for some time, he's literally taken every opportunity to take time off with injuries that other highly paid guys understand that they have to play thru because of the money being paid to them...Joey's just been bidding his time, collecting his $, and waiting to move on somewhere else, now we know he wants to be in SF...

The other BIG thing that nobody seems to be talking about is that Joey basically made it almost impossible for the chargers to trade him...the way this restructure is set up it means that all the chargers get out of this is another year of Joey, that's it...nobody is going to trade for him knowing that both this year's 7mil 2024 roster bonus and next year's 8.46mil roster bonus are due on the first day of league business in 2025... Basically 16mil is due and nobody, NOBODY, is going to sign up to give Joey that money, so the only way that he get's trade is if some team sends very low compensation for Bosa just to have him for the second half of the season and a potential playoff run but then cut him before FA, which is the only thing that anyone will be able to do if they own his rights after the 2024 season ends...also part of this restructure means that if the Chargers flat out decide to cut him or trade him a huge cap hit accelerates on the 2024 cap, the best case scenario is trading Joey post June 1st the cap hit is almost 19mil with 8 mil in cap savings which makes no fucking sense, you basically get a shitty low round pick and a net loss of 11mil in cap space, so IMO Joey is a charger for ALL of 2024 regardless if his punk ass is eating sesame seeds in the sidelines yet again or if he's actually contributing on the field which is what Harbaugh and Hortiz are hoping that he FINALLY does...

I can't remember another charger player getting treated with kitty gloves like this in the past, and what the fuck has he done to even deserve the 5 star treatment? Joey has basically gotten everything he has every wanted and HIS way all the time that he has been a Charger and because of the fucked up contract that Hortiz inherited thanks to genius TT and Johnny, there wasn't much that Joe could do either, Hortiz get's a prove it year from Bosa for 7mil less than it would have otherwise cost, THAT'S IT, no compensatory picks or any type of draft compensation will come from the massive investment that has been made by the Spanos family on this player...we are just graced with his awesome presence for another year, YAY!
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

I think the Bosa's are good business people, better than the Spanos.
                          I don't expect any player to be generous, the deal works for him and apparently for Joe, good for them both.
                          I stand by my opinion that Joey is misunderstood and gets too much criticism because he's an easy target.
                          These so-called kiddy gloves are used only because it benefits the Chargers as well.
                          I love Joey and think he fits the Harbaugh way but if he wasn't wearing bolts this season I wouldn't give 2 craps about him, maybe 1.

If Joey didn't want to work and be part of this team he could have easily pulled a Keenan Allen and no doubt catch all the heat that no one willing to throw at KA.

Chargers first.
                          Last edited by 21&500; 03-25-2024, 01:11 PM. Reason: ESL
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X