• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Well I may be in the minority but I was fine with Harbaugh and Horitz burning the whole thing to the ground save Justin and a few others. I don’t have any feelings about Keenan whatsoever.
    Me too. Time for a reset and complete culture change.

I mean seriously, what big games did these guys ever win??

Keenan was an exceptional possession receiver and had some good years but life goes on in pro sports and he is far from irrepaccble. Time for younger, bigger, faster...and cheaper.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe...but that is what his agent is for. Much more likely he is just a butt hurt little bitch because the bad Chargers asked him to restructure after paying him $110 million dollars in his time here.
      I wanted to trade Keenan Allen last year. I thought it was best for the team, while several on here were saying we had to keep him or it would ruin the 2023 season. That worked out so well . I've also stated multiple times that many on this forum have overrated him.

But calling him a "butt hurt little bitch" because he didn't say thank you to the fans on his way out? I don't think so. He gave everything he had while playing for the Chargers in San Diego and Los Angeles for 11 seasons, lacerating his kidney, tearing his right ACL, and sustaining several other injuries along the way to becoming probably the second-best receiver the franchise has ever had. Who knows what long-term negative effects he'll have to face after he officially retires?

For 11 seasons he gave us what was asked him: his best effort. He owes us NOTHING.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I wanted to trade Keenan Allen last year. I thought it was best for the team, while several on here were saying we had to keep him or it would ruin the 2023 season. That worked out so well . I've also stated multiple times that many on this forum have overrated him.

But calling him a "butt hurt little bitch" because he didn't say thank you to the fans on his way out? I don't think so. He gave everything he had while playing for the Chargers in San Diego and Los Angeles for 11 seasons, lacerating his kidney, tearing his right ACL, and sustaining several other injuries along the way to becoming probably the second-best receiver the franchise has ever had. Who knows what long-term negative effects he'll have to face after he officially retires?

For 11 seasons he gave us what was asked him: his best effort. He owes us NOTHING.
        Did he "give it his all" when he sat out the last 4 games after admitting he could have played? Sorry, he got paid $110 million dollars in salary for his time here, plus whatever he got in endorsements during his time here. Football is a violent sport that he is good at it and he was paid accordingly. And that has nothing to do with going off pouting and sulking because the team dared to ask for a restructure. When guys like Diggs show more class going out the door, it tells you everything you need to know about him. Allen is all about Allen. That is certainly his right, but very telling.

Comment

• Rambler
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • No Cal
          • Civil Research Attorney
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Did he "give it his all" when he sat out the last 4 games after admitting he could have played? Sorry, he got paid $110 million dollars in salary for his time here, plus whatever he got in endorsements during his time here. Football is a violent sport that he is good at it and he was paid accordingly. And that has nothing to do with going off pouting and sulking because the team dared to ask for a restructure. When guys like Diggs show more class going out the door, it tells you everything you need to know about him. Allen is all about Allen. That is certainly his right, but very telling.
          Playing those last few games wouldn’t have given us a shot at the playoffs. They could only have hurt our draft position. And for all we know, the Chargers may have told him to sit out. A more serious injury would have made it more difficult to cut or trade him.
          A published goodbye to fans would have been a nice gesture, but I will still appreciate the great things he did as a Charger. Turned out to be a great third round pick.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post

Playing those last few games wouldn’t have given us a shot at the playoffs. They could only have hurt our draft position. And for all we know, the Chargers may have told him to sit out. A more serious injury would have made it more difficult to cut or trade him.
            A published goodbye to fans would have been a nice gesture, but I will still appreciate the great things he did as a Charger. Turned out to be a great third round pick.
            I agree.

Keenan was a good Charger. There is no need to bash him on the way out. But personally I see no need for all the hand wringing and freaking out that happened on podcasts and with fans when they traded him either. This is the business of the NFL and JH2 had to fix the mess they inherited and get this cap and roster sorted out.

I am fully ready for a new chapter and excited about the new regime and new players. The old roster didnt win, did nothing but choke in big games and frustrate us for years.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Him sending a thank you - don't need it. He did his job for 11 years. Heckuva player. Time to move forward

As for ranking of receiver - I never saw Lance Alworth but have seen JJ, Wes from that time period forward. He would be behind JJ and Wes for me. Doesn't diminish his accolades and accomplishments.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Him sending a thank you - don't need it. He did his job for 11 years. Heckuva player. Time to move forward

As for ranking of receiver - I never saw Lance Alworth but have seen JJ, Wes from that time period forward. He would be behind JJ and Wes for me. Doesn't diminish his accolades and accomplishments.
                Keenan is a fine technician and a valuable, productive player but i don't put him up there with the true alpha, dynamic, explosive All-Pro WR1 s. Not even going to Jefferson or Chase level, some one offers you a choice between Keenan and AJ Brown today, who do you take?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Keenan is a fine technician and a valuable, productive player but i don't put him up there with the true alpha, dynamic, explosive All-Pro WR1 s. Not even going to Jefferson or Chase level, some one offers you a choice between Keenan and AJ Brown today, who do you take?
                  Brandon Aiyuk

I would take AJ Brown of the choice between the two. The Chargers do need a dynamic, true #1 WR. Allen is a very good player, but right now, he is more a 2 receiver. Like he will be very good opposite DJ Moore.

As for the Chargers - they need that Alpha #1. I understand trading back to get more picks -- but I wouldn't be disappointed in MHJr

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Bummer....he deserves to wear 13

Comment

Working...
                    X