• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

If this team keeps showing up and playing hard, and McScocktheworld doesn't fuck it up, they can take Denver on the road.
    #readyforheartbreak
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

We are the biggest underdog of the week. Our special teams play is the only reason the last game was close. I'd love to see an entire game without a single special teams screw up and some positive return yards - it would take stress off the O and D and give us a little margin for error.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

I'll take the points. I don't see why they can't win outright. (Assuming that Mager or Flowers can come back.)

Now, will they win outright? Probably not... but they certainly can. They did everything in their power to make the last game close. The chargers kind of dominated them for 85% of that game.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• JDA21
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

we win the game if we can keep their pass rush in check and no defensive or ST scores for them

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Oh yeah, and Denver should have their Head Coach on the sideline for them next week as well.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

The thing is those type of revenge game in a short period of time, like NYG got beat up by a 16-0 NE team in the last game of the season and faced them just couple of weeks later in the SB, the revenge team always play better, if not completely outplay the other team and mostly ended up winning. This type of game is really tough for the victors in the first game. It's the same for other sports, too. The adjustments. The revenge factor. Players and coaches' mentality and mindset. Etc. This probably explained the 6 points early spread.
              Last edited by vinabolt; 10-24-2016, 08:32 AM.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
                Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                • Feb 2015
                • Send PM

But then again, SD in McCoy era almost always won the games that people feel bad about, the games that you would find a lot of reasons for them to lose. And then they would lose the games that people feel good about, the games that you would find many reasons for them to win. So, I don't feel any comfortable with the schedule supposed to soften up after the DEN game, lol. Strength of schedule is overrated, anyway.
                Last edited by vinabolt; 10-24-2016, 08:42 AM.
                Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                  THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If we lose, we lose. A split with any divisional foe is rarified air in the McCoy era, and we already have that w/DEN. If we lose to Denver, I think 9 or 10 wins is still possible barring a Rivers injury. Home games: TEN, TB, OAK, MIA, KC, road games: CLE, HOU and CAR. Each 'winnable' IMO, although there is typically one inexplicable late season 'egg' lain at home in the McCoy era.
                  NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    I'll take the points. I don't see why they can't win outright. (Assuming that Mager or Flowers can come back.)

Now, will they win outright? Probably not... but they certainly can. They did everything in their power to make the last game close. The chargers kind of dominated them for 85% of that game.
                    I agree if we get one of them back we have a chance to win. Siemen doesn't scare me at all even though he has weapons to go deep he isn't able to hook up with any consistency which is reflective of his 6.98 yard per attempt, we have a better condition and improve player in Bosa, and an improving player in Jatavis Brown, the defensive pass rush has improved, and we aren't getting ran over when teams rush the ball.

Offensive wise Rivers is able to make plays with Henry and Williams and I think Gordon gained a lot of confidence when he had to run the ball in the 4th quarter versus Atlanta in the fact he ran hard and didn't fumble and the coaches went with him in the 4th and OT.

The Atlanta game gave the Chargers the medicine they needed a road win against an explosive Falcon team, and coming back to win a close game that they were blowing in previous games. I think they got a perspective of look we can win if don't make mental mistakes even though we have lost key players with season injuries we are able to compete, hey we can more than compete we can win.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Denver really got their running game going tonight, just what we didn't want to see. Hard to believe Houston actually won 4 games this,year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Houston's run D was ranked 29th before this game. I think they are worse than that.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I'm pretty sure that PR will throw more than 131 yds against them.

Comment

Working...
                          X