• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I'm pretty sure that PR will throw more than 131 yds against them.
    I'm not.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

One thing that PR is not... inaccurate. Osweiller also has a slower release. The way denver plays its first quarter, PR should have most of that 131 then.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Rivers threw for 178 in the Thursday night game, but didn't need to pass with the big lead.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          One thing that PR is not... inaccurate. Osweiller also has a slower release. The way denver plays its first quarter, PR should have most of that 131 then.
          What if Ware comes back next week? That would be bad news for Rivers. And Rivers only had 178 yards in the first game vs. Denver - without Ware. That was with Hunter Henry - who had 83 yards all by himself. And Henry may not play with his concussion. I hope Rivers passes for 300 yards and four TD's but...
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

To beat the Broncos, the Chargers need to stop the run. And while they have improved there, they still have a long way to go and they are very inconsistent. Simian still has bubble wrap on him and the Broncos do not trust him to do more than dink and dunk. Maybe they start the game throwing deep just to get the Chargers to back off a bit. He has great WR but no arm and he gets rattled easy.

On offense the Chargers have to be able to run the ball. Seems like last game the plan was to run right at Miller to wear him down in his pass rush. Trouble is, Miller is just as good against the run as he is against the pass. He is a truly dominant player. And if you run away from him, his backside pursuit is ridiculous. I would like to see a little more of Farrow this game.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Chargers will come out, and play the short passing game like last time.

Denver's best bet it to run some play action, and hit some stuff down the field.

For the chargers... need to have some resemblance of a running game. It really opens up the play-action stuff. When it's second on 6 or 7 after a successful run, that seems like when we're able to hit a deep pass. When it's 2nd and 11 or 12. It feels like (I don't have stats to back this up) we end up going 3 and out. Got to make the run pay off, just a little. Makes a huge difference in our passing game. Rivers is a great Play Action passer.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Point spread moves down a half a point to 5.5

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The o/u is around 44, compared to last weeks 54.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                    If we lose, we lose. A split with any divisional foe is rarified air in the McCoy era, and we already have that w/DEN. If we lose to Denver, I think 9 or 10 wins is still possible barring a Rivers injury. Home games: TEN, TB, OAK, MIA, KC, road games: CLE, HOU and CAR. Each 'winnable' IMO, although there is typically one inexplicable late season 'egg' lain at home in the McCoy era.
                    Miami sticks out as that egg to me. That team always gives us trouble, doesn't matter if they're a good team or bad. If we're at 500 at the 'bye' I like our chances, but we could be the victim of a tiebreaker not going our way.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Boltergeist
                      Pesky apparition
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Baja Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Miami sticks out as that egg to me. That team always gives us trouble, doesn't matter if they're a good team or bad. If we're at 500 at the 'bye' I like our chances, but we could be the victim of a tiebreaker not going our way.
                      I feel a lot better about it being in SD. I believe we have won our last three home games against them. If it were in Miami, it would be a different story.

Comment

• vinabolt
                        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                        • Feb 2015
                        • Send PM

This game will be the toughest game of this season. Much tougher than the last game with them and the ATL game. The revenge teams always play better and more ready for some payback. They're usually more focus and want to win more. Play with more energy and fire. Definitely the hungrier team.

If we can withstand their vengeance and their hateful punches trying to knock us out in the 1st quarter, we will be fine.

The things about SD under McCoy is that we're always play very well against DEN no matter what the stats are records are. It's OAK and KC that we're struggling with. Heck, we were struggle against OAK when they were one of the worse teams in the league before Derek Carr came to the rescue. We were struggle against a KC 2nd team in a must win game to get to the playoff, without Weddle gamble on the punt in OT, we would have loss that game, too. For some reasons we were always playing flat against those two.

So, the remaining games against them is going to be really tough, too. The encourage thing is that we came out balling against them this season. We were basically beat them up pretty good until the 4th quarter. Those are the things that we haven't see in recent seasons.
                        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

CJ Anderson have his knee examined today, not practicing...
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X