Quentin Johnston is NOT a bust: Here's why....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    He looks like a bust not necessarily by his numbers but his total lack of confidence on the field. It would be difficult for any staff to watch his tape from last season and have any confidence in him to ever amount to anything.
    Most coaches have egos and think they are the answer to everything. I doubt any coach in the league would not think they could not get significant improvement out of QJ next year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Most coaches have egos and think they are the answer to everything. I doubt any coach in the league would not think they could not get significant improvement out of QJ next year.
      Will significant improvement be enough?

He has all sorts of issues punctuated by poor hands and an inability to track a football thrown downfield.

T. Williams looked better his 1rst season.
      M. Williams was not healthy in year 1.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
        Since Balboa Stadium
        • Sep 2022
        • LA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
        Is Mike Williams a bust? Nope. Compare QJ's 1st year numbers to MW's 1st year number. QJ's is BETTER! Peace out.

Checkout the latest stats for Mike Williams. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JohnQu02.htm
        You compare a bust to another bust for proof? Maybe he is a great receiver. But to me..he looks like crap.

“You are what your record says you are.” ..Bill Parcells

Or mine...

"You are a bust...cause you play like a bust..."

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

If you look at every catch from last season from QJ you can clearly see he has potential and he seems to be the type of WR that could do well in Roman's Offense. One thing to note in this footage is Herbert is rushed on almost every throw and the Oline really needs work and good coaching going forward...

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Harbaugh remembers him, kid tore his Wolverines apart.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

would rather buy Herbie more time rather than add another WR per se.... am content to wait 'til day three to find WR4/5
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                would rather buy Herbie more time rather than add another WR per se.... am content to wait 'til day three to find WR4/5
                What do you do if MHJ is there at 5 ?

Comment

• LarryAW
                  Chargers fan since 1970
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Chula Vista, CA
                  • retired paralegal/court reporter
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The majority of people in the world have negative energy and are nearly completely controlled by their ego minds. Coaches, who clearly don't have negative energy, have egos, too. They are at a higher level of consciousness and have better control over their egos.

You can see a lot of out-of-control egos here today, projecting their shit onto others. Me, too - I'm still a work in progress.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

my arm chair QB says Fuaga, and.... @the onset of things, thought MHJ was the best bet in the draft.... QBs included, so dunno.... ??

obviously no complaints if that's who we nab, and.... two things: Harbaugh says we're gonna run and protect the QB.... that's Fuaga in my book, and.... also am an intangibles guy, and he's my guy over any of the WRs/other OTs.... just me.

what's your take.... (or have you already made that clear
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I hated the QJ selection when they made it and all he's done is reinforce all the negative stuff draft pundits said about him. He runs shitty routes, can't get a good release, doesn't seem to find the open spot in coverage, and his hands are just bad. His selection played a role in getting the previous coach and GM fired. Furthermore, I don't think he has a solid work ethic. He wasn't a stay late kinda guy last year and that's not who he was at TCU. At least if we'd taken Flowers or Addison we'd have a competent starting WR on our roster with upside. As of now our #1 WR is Josh Palmer, who while limited in terms of skillet at least has a good work ethic. If we draft Nabers, I expect Palmer to be the other starting WR. Hell, if we don't go WR until round 2 I would expect Palmer and that rookie to beat out QJ. I'll be surprised if he even makes it to the end of his rookie contract with the Chargers.

Comparing his shitty rookie season to Mike Williams' shitty rookie season does not make me feel better.

I hope QJ turns it around, but I didn't like the starting product and thus far nothing has made me think otherwise.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

He is the only receiver I would take with the fifth overall pick in this draft. I think Harrison is well above the rest at his position. If he's not there, and we can't trade back, I'm fine with Alt or one of the three pass-rushers. There will be plenty of talented receivers in the second and third round and even beyond.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Quentin Johnston had a rough rookie year. He also began his career with one of the worst coaching staffs this team has ever had, and got the bulk of his playing time with Easton Stick at quarterback. I don't understand the rush to label him a bust.

Comment

Working...
                          X