Quentin Johnston is NOT a bust: Here's why....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    If you look at every catch from last season from QJ you can clearly see he has potential and he seems to be the type of WR that could do well in Roman's Offense. One thing to note in this footage is Herbert is rushed on almost every throw and the Oline really needs work and good coaching going forward...

Those hands are way too far apart.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Issues are mental. Fucked up situation + youth = what we saw. Give him better coaching, more experience, we’ll see more highlight plays, less drops. Ability is there..

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

The majority of people in the world have negative energy and are nearly completely controlled by their ego minds. Coaches, who clearly don't have negative energy, have egos, too. They are at a higher level of consciousness and have better control over their egos.

You can see a lot of out-of-control egos here today, projecting their shit onto others. Me, too - I'm still a work in progress.
        Out of control egos are often a sign of insecurity.

Staley had the worst of both worlds: an out of control ego, and yet not above chasing after tossed helmets like a kid on an Easter egg hunt.

Harbaugh is not Staley.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

What do you do if MHJ is there at 5 ?
          Take him, easy decision.

Watching the Johnston highlights, I noticed Pip looking rock solid on every play.
          Johnston dropped every contested catch .... his hand fighting is terrible.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BadMoonRising View Post
            Lot of dropped passes last year in Key Situations from all our wide receivers except from the 13.

I expect Harbaugh to address this, even if we lost our big name guys.
            Harbaugh addressed it by getting Rid of the only sure handed guy on the team that had a connection with Big Herbs and consistently caught his passes…
            Frustrated World Cup GIF

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by LarryAW View Post

The majority of people in the world have negative energy and are nearly completely controlled by their ego minds. Coaches, who clearly don't have negative energy, have egos, too. They are at a higher level of consciousness and have better control over their egos.

You can see a lot of out-of-control egos here today, projecting their shit onto others. Me, too - I'm still a work in progress.

Message boards are like dog parks for egos. It’s where you take it to stretch its legs run around and play with the other egos before you take it back home and it goes to sleep.

Dog Park GIF by Geekster Pets

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

I like the MW comparison, I did that alot last year and saw the same traits. But... MW is/was still vastly superior IMHO. QJ seems mentally fragile and looks like he lacks confidence.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                  I like the MW comparison, I did that alot last year and saw the same traits. But... MW is/was still vastly superior IMHO. QJ seems mentally fragile and looks like he lacks confidence.
                  I don't blame him for lacking confidence. He can't catch.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                    QJ can work on it !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

my arm chair QB says Fuaga, and.... @the onset of things, thought MHJ was the best bet in the draft.... QBs included, so dunno.... ??

obviously no complaints if that's who we nab, and.... two things: Harbaugh says we're gonna run and protect the QB.... that's Fuaga in my book, and.... also am an intangibles guy, and he's my guy over any of the WRs/other OTs.... just me.

what's your take.... (or have you already made that clear
                      If no trade down can happen...

Fuaga @ #5.
                      I am in.
                      It's an overdraft.
                      And it is throwing away the value factor.
                      But this is a perfect fit.
                      And a start toward Harbaughism.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Issues are mental. Fucked up situation + youth = what we saw. Give him better coaching, more experience, we’ll see more highlight plays, less drops. Ability is there..
                        And yet QJ was the only one who effusively praised Staley at that end:
                        Stockholm syndrome.

Staley worked him over mentally, that he was a fuck up .... like he did with pretty much every player, but that they had faith in him and were going to stick with the guy.

The old Staley crapola.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

QJ has nothing that let me think he will be good WR in the league.
                          He was advertised as YAC guy. This ability was not existing in NFL where he plays agains faster and stronger defences.

He is not a speedster and he is not Mike Williams type who makes 50-50 throws 80-20.
                          On top of this his hands are more than questionable after rookie year.

I wish he could break but I cant see what type of WR he could become to benefit this team.

Comment

Working...
                          X