• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

It’s not that he doesn’t have anyone to throw to….the receivers are not good receivers and that is fact you can lookup last few seasons. We let one of the best pass catching RB go and brought in a rb who only plays half his position.
    I get it, they want to run the ball and will need to invest in OL to do that.

most are upset that we have regressed instead of adding key players to compete next year.

I don’t get that nobody is upset that we kept Bosa who will probably get injured and be overpaid again….remembering Verrett,

only thing I liked so far is we kept Mack a better price.

as for Allen, I think he took the money because he could retire next year or two.
    This...
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Go Chargers go View Post

It’s not that he doesn’t have anyone to throw to….the receivers are not good receivers and that is fact you can lookup last few seasons. We let one of the best pass catching RB go and brought in a rb who only plays half his position.
      I get it, they want to run the ball and will need to invest in OL to do that.

most are upset that we have regressed instead of adding key players to compete next year.

I don’t get that nobody is upset that we kept Bosa who will probably get injured and be overpaid again….remembering Verrett,

only thing I liked so far is we kept Mack a better price.

as for Allen, I think he took the money because he could retire next year or two.
      Point is, Its mid March.

We arent close to being done building this team.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Point is, Its mid March.

We arent close to being done building this team.
        Any team in 2024 short of trading for Justin Jefferson is going to be worse with Allen not on it

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Anyteam in 2024 short of trading for Justin Jefferson is going to be worse with Allen not on it
          KC didn't have Allen on it, or a Jefferson.
          Keenan was a fav of mine but it is what it is. We will get more receivers.

It's still mid March and a draft coming up.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I don't know, the off season has just started. Not sure what the roster will look like yet.

I also don't have tunnel vision for 2024.
            How long do you give Harbaugh to rebuild this team? When do we start looking at things critically without Harbaugh colored glasses on?

He hasn’t earned a thing to me. He has yet to win a game for the Chargers, and his last NFL win was in 2014 and he was booted due to real concerns. Sure he won in college but a lot of coaches win in college and aren’t good pro coaches.

when he brings home a Lombardi or at least a conference championship I’ll start giving him the benefit of the doubt until then he’s got lots of clout in Michigan…

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

KC didn't have Allen on it, or a Jefferson.
              Keenan was a fav of mine but it is what it is. We will get more receivers.

It's still mid March and a draft coming up.
              Harbaugh for all his success in college is no Andy Reid, not even close. If Reid came to the Chargers I probably would give him more trust. I’m happy we have Harbaugh but I’m not pretending he’s some sort of Vince Lombardi.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Harbaugh for all his success in college is no Andy Reid, not even close. If Reid came to the Chargers I probably would give him more trust. I’m happy we have Harbaugh but I’m not pretending he’s some sort of Vince Lombardi.
                Took Reid over 10 years to get to his first SB and finally has a possible goat at QB to win the 3 he has in KC in 12 years. And he has Spags. Coaches matter.

JH has been a NFL HC 4 years and been to a SB. I like our chances.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Took Reid over 10 years to get to his first SB and finally has a possible goat at QB to win the 3 he has in KC in 12 years. And he has Spags. Coaches matter.

JH has been a NFL HC 4 years and been to a SB. I like our chances.
                  Reid won 4 consecutive conference championships has 3 Lombardis. I hate the Chiefs but caps off to him he’s clearly great at what he does.

Harbaugh lost his one and only Super Bowl in 2014. Harbaugh hasn’t held a Lombardi, Reid has, here’s hoping that fact changes soon but until then I’ll not blindly trust.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

How long do you give Harbaugh to rebuild this team? When do we start looking at things critically without Harbaugh colored glasses on?

He hasn’t earned a thing to me. He has yet to win a game for the Chargers, and his last NFL win was in 2014 and he was booted due to real concerns. Sure he won in college but a lot of coaches win in college and aren’t good pro coaches.

when he brings home a Lombardi or at least a conference championship I’ll start giving him the benefit of the doubt until then he’s got lots of clout in Michigan…
                    Good question. There are several posters who expect the team to compete for, or be in the playoffs, in 2024. Others have a more long term view and think 2024 is a bridge year and do t expect playoffs until 2025.

what do people expect?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good question. There are several posters who expect the team to compete for, or be in the playoffs, in 2024. Others have a more long term view and think 2024 is a bridge year and do t expect playoffs until 2025.

what do people expect?
                      Basically. if Palmer is our #1 receiver were fucked! Draft a couple of stud receivers to bring up thru the season and we got a chance. Otherwise, expect a lot of three and outs with kickers deciding the fate of mediocre games all season long. (I just had to get it out of my system!)

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Threads like this happen when people become more of a fan of the players that the Head Coach, GM, or the actual team. That's ok only this is not a Keenan Allen or Jim Harbaugh message board. I root for the team, players will come and go both good players and bad. Same with coaches and GMs. Hopefully we will all look back on threads like this and laugh instead of cry. Time will tell.

I can tell you last season in KC the locals were pissed more weapons for Mahomes were not drafted or signed but now, Veech and Reid are gods.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          Threads like this happen when people become more of a fan of the players that the Head Coach, GM, or the actual team. That's ok only this is not a Keenan Allen or Jim Harbaugh message board. I root for the team, players will come and go both good players and bad. Same with coaches and GMs. Hopefully we will all look back on threads like this and laugh instead of cry. Time will tell.

I can tell you last season in KC the locals were pissed more weapons for Mahomes were not drafted or signed but now, Veech and Reid are gods.
                          They're cycling thru receivers like no tomorrow. They will be picking up at least one in this draft. Tyreek Left and there's definitely been a void needed to be filled since.

Comment

Working...
                          X