First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Meh. Nothing against the guy and have always loved his physicality but his limitations have always been a problem. He was never a star when here as a younger player and I don't expect him to be this year either. I think this will be his fourth team in five season? To me he's a JAG and a place holder till the solution there can be found.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      Meh. Nothing against the guy and have always loved his physicality but his limitations have always been a problem. He was never a star when here as a younger player and I don't expect him to be this year either. I think this will be his fourth team in five season? To me he's a JAG and a place holder till the solution there can be found.
      Made a pro bowl in 2021 with 150+ tackles.

Experienced 2 down LB on one year deal for half the price of Kendricks. i don't mind it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Made a pro bowl in 2021 with 150+ tackles.

Experienced 2 down LB on one year deal for half the price of Kendricks. i don't mind it.

Agreed - I expect to get more impact from Perryman (if he stays healthy) than we did from Kendricks, who was meh at best . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Henley and Dye are modern LBs light & fast. Guess they wanted a thumper. If we can't defend the run, teams will run on us. pass league or not.

Perryman will help the run defense, but what we really need is an upgrade at IDL . . . . . . . . which we all know. Denzel is a very good run defender, but nobody can be effective with a couple of 300 lb Olinemen leaning on them . . . . . . . . . we've got to find a way to keep the LB's clean(er), particularly the lighter pass coverage types . . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Perryman will help the run defense, but what we really need is an upgrade at IDL . . . . . . . . which we all know. Denzel is a very good run defender, but nobody can be effective with a couple of 300 lb Olinemen leaning on them . . . . . . . . . we've got to find a way to keep the LB's clean(er), particularly the lighter pass coverage types . . . . . . .
            We have vet Poona Ford, 5-11, 310 and some big DT youngsters.Tito 6-4, 320, Clark 6-3, 334, Okoye 6-6, 315. I'm hoping for some feedback from early April OTAs. See how the beef takes coaching. Right now I'm thinking day 3, UDFA DT and a FA..

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

We have vet Poona Ford, 5-11, 310 and some big DT youngsters.Tito 6-4, 320, Clark 6-3, 334, Okoye 6-6, 315. I'm hoping for some feedback from early April OTAs. See how the beef takes coaching. Right now I'm thinking day 3, UDFA DT and a FA..
              Size, although important, is probably the least important aspect for an IDL - see Aaron Donald. As you note we already have lots of big guys on the roster, and we had lots of big guys on the roster last year . . . . . . didn't seem to do us much good.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think both lines may be better than we’ve seen or thunk (except center, hoping for a FA but not holding my breath).

Perryman should do okay behind our DL, if the absolute best they do is not get pushed backwards, winning. 🥇

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I think both lines may be better than we’ve seen or thunk (except center, hoping for a FA but not holding my breath).

Perryman should do okay behind our DL, if the absolute best they do is not get pushed backwards, winning. 🥇
                  Perryman's strength is run defense and going downhill behind a big burly D-line. Perryman also provides that veteran presence for drafted rookie LBs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hoping for FA C Connor Williams. Top player coming off ACL repair. Former Dolphin. Some risk involved but he was very good and not very old.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

He’s a lot smarter than K9 but that isn’t saying much.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        He’s a lot smarter than K9 but that isn’t saying much.
                        K9 will never need sunglasses anymore with that much shade thrown his way.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Size, although important, is probably the least important aspect for an IDL - see Aaron Donald. As you note we already have lots of big guys on the roster, and we had lots of big guys on the roster last year . . . . . . didn't seem to do us much good.
                          I wouldn't say least. 6-1, 280 Donald is still a big man- with an exceptional frame and strength for his size.
                          Our guys aren't AD but they're big athletes who did well in college.

Comment

Working...
                          X