How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'll dismiss it as well.

Why would we do that when we can just get a WR at 5 and have a cheap contract for 4 years and a 5th year option as opposed to Aiyuks 5th year option now and need to be resigned?

You don't use your 5th pick to do that.
    Not to mention the WR we get at #5 will be 4-5 years younger than Aiyuk.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think a WR room of QJ, Palmer, DD, rookie 3rd/4th rounder + a cheap vet pickup will be enough for the style of offense we want to play.

I think QJ will have a nice bounce back year. I'm rooting for him.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        I think a WR room of QJ, Palmer, DD, rookie 3rd/4th rounder + a cheap vet pickup will be enough for the style of offense we want to play.

I think they need one dominating WR (or TE) out of MHJ, Bowers, Nabers or Odunze, then QJ, Palmer, DD and either a late round project pick and/or an affordable veteran. QJ fulfilling his promise this season is something we all hope for, but I'm not counting on it, I don't think they want to go into the season with that question mark.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think they need one dominating WR (or TE) out of MHJ, Bowers, Nabers or Odunze, then QJ, Palmer, DD and either a late round project pick and/or an affordable veteran. QJ fulfilling his promise this season is something we all hope for, but I'm not counting on it, I don't think they want to go into the season with that question mark.
          I think they'll take their chances and focus on WR next year, especially when we have more cap room to sign a couple solid guys. This year is all about the foundations. Lines, lines and more lines.

Comment

• TTThunder
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

If we don't trade down to get more picks, I think WR is far far lower on their priority list.

DT CB LB OC Edge come first...

I guess they will get 3-4 speedy UDFA WRs and have Herbert "do the magic" like in 2020...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Should be fine if the style you want to play produces 10 points or less per game

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

I for one am happy we snagged Alt.Even if we picked Nabers we still ain't goin to the bowl this year.This is a 2 to 3 year plan to be true contenders.Build the O line and D line then build out from there.I am hopin we can trade down tomarrow but either way really want one of the top CBs for us for sure.

Comment

• BigBad
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

There are rounds after round 1 and there are June cuts.

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams won ONE playoff game!

Diggs to Bills couldn't get them past the Chiefs.

They will figure out how to have an average WR room.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Should be fine if the style you want to play produces 10 points or less per game
                    I know you're just exaggerating but a Harbaugh/Roman led team is going to be scoring mostly in the 20-24 point range anyway.
                    ​​​​​
                    We know what we signed up for. Bullyball.

It's going to be a culture shock for a lot of fans, when we run the ball at a 60-65% clip and ask Herbert to chill for a bit.

Embrace it.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      I for one am happy we snagged Alt.Even if we picked Nabers we still ain't goin to the bowl this year.This is a 2 to 3 year plan to be true contenders.Build the O line and D line then build out from there.I am hopin we can trade down tomarrow but either way really want one of the top CBs for us for sure.
                      I agree and this is what I would tell anyone who is concerned about the lack of weapons.

2024 is a throw away year in the sense that we are transitioning to a new regime, staff, system changes, etc. We probably still have a lot of players that needed to be weeded out as the year goes on.

We're building a house right now - the foundation absolutely needs to be correct. We can worry about fancy weapons next year as we'll likely have a top 10-12 pick and a ton of cap money to use. I also get the feeling that the Bolts will absolutely be a popular FA destination.

2025 is when the fun begins. Trust the process, my guys.

Comment

• ChargerTrader
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

A short term deal for a free agent WR plus a late round pick or UDFA.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
                          A short term deal for a free agent WR plus a late round pick or UDFA.
                          Agree this is likely the route they go this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X