How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

We better "try" to fix it today in round 2 OR ELSE!!!!!!!
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      We better "try" to fix it today in round 2 OR ELSE!!!!!!!
      BB with the gauntlet thrown down!

Comment

• Buckethead
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2022
        • Send PM

I'd be shocked if they go WR at 37. It's either defense or OL.

Puka Nakua went in round 5. Aman Ra St. Brown went in round 4. Probably won't hit on something like that, but there will be someone there later.

Or just bring in Charlie Joiner to teach Quentin Johnston how to catch.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Buckethead View Post
          I'd be shocked if they go WR at 37. It's either defense or OL.

Puka Nakua went in round 5. Aman Ra St. Brown went in round 4. Probably won't hit on something like that, but there will be someone there later.

Or just bring in Charlie Joiner to teach Quentin Johnston how to catch.
          My candidate to be a sleeper WR pick is Brenden Rice, Jerry's son. PFF has him slotted at #125. If he's there at #105 when the Chargers pick in the 4th I'll be amazed. He'd be a great pick there.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My candidate to be a sleeper WR pick is Brenden Rice, Jerry's son. PFF has him slotted at #125. If he's there at #105 when the Chargers pick in the 4th I'll be amazed. He'd be a great pick there.
            I no longer see the Bears taking him as they're stacked at WR after stealing KA from us and drafting Odunze.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Buckethead
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • Send PM

I got the shocked part right. What the hell do I know.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

We know Palmer can produce, DD is a deep threat. QJ needs to produce, Ladd looks like a great pickup to possibly replace Keenan.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Don’t really see McConkey as a Keenan replacement. Both are great route runners and set up DBs really well, but a lot of good WRs do those two things. McConkey is quicker/faster than Allen, a true threat to take it to the house any time he has the ball in his hands. Also a better blocker right off (he’s a giver lol).

We seem to be building a play-action passing attack, which can also go deep very, very quickly in 4 WR sets. Both Lombo and Moore seemed to favor long-developing big yardage passing games, I get that with the WRs we had but not with the OL. YAC was not a thing, but I think it will be everything in Roman’s passing attack: at minimum you get a first down or close to it; at maximum, TD.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Luke McCaffrey
                    Brendan Rice

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Don’t really see McConkey as a Keenan replacement. Both are great route runners and set up DBs really well, but a lot of good WRs do those two things. McConkey is quicker/faster than Allen, a true threat to take it to the house any time he has the ball in his hands. Also a better blocker right off (he’s a giver lol).

We seem to be building a play-action passing attack, which can also go deep very, very quickly in 4 WR sets. Both Lombo and Moore seemed to favor long-developing big yardage passing games, I get that with the WRs we had but not with the OL. YAC was not a thing, but I think it will be everything in Roman’s passing attack: at minimum you get a first down or close to it; at maximum, TD.
                      I felt that our pass offense (which looks like run offense to defenses) will have a heavy staple of splitting interior defenses by working the inside. You need a certain type of slot receiver. Then a few sprinkles of passes to uncork the top. This is why I felt Nabers would be great fit......did not know this white lightning kid was a top slot WR prospect. Anyways not surprised we went with a slot WR.

Keyword "Forward".

Our o-line is being built to attack and moving forward at will. O-line will be asked to attack that 2nd level. RB's we now have move the pile forward. TE's we have run block to move the edge forward. Herbert's release valve went from Eckler out in the flat to more passing forward to slot WRs. Rather than scramble for his life Herbert has space to run forward behind blockers as needed.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

McConkey added

If they sign a veteran - I think it will be somebody like MVS over Tyler Boyd. McConkey is the route runner

Comment

• el_jefe999
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Day 3 makes the draft but even though I had preference for other players I think we got a top tier player for every position drafted. I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                          X