Who you looking forward to watching vs 49ers, if anyone?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    I think they should play the starting offense and defense 1 series each- everything is still so new we can't Turtle Up and put all starters on the bench to save them for opening day. They need more work to gel- especially the OL and Secondary. After that I go with the 2s until probably mid 3rd quarter. I WOULD leave Whitehurst, Meachem, Fozzy/Hill on offense the rest of the night. Remember, Harbaugh picked Tolzien from us after seeing him perform in preseason before and no need to showcase Sorenson if we want to hide him off the 53 man roster. We need to rotate a lot of ILBs and Safeties to find bottom roster, but I think we may need to let the combo of Taylor, Stuckey, Gilchrist fight it out all game long to name a starter at SS.
    This is probably more like the approach they will take; heck, we don't have enough guys to fill out an offense, defense, and ST if we rest all 30 or so guys who are locks to make the roster. We just can't afford another injury; not even a minor or "day to day" type. We're running on fumes...10 days before Opening Day.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      This is probably more like the approach they will take; heck, we don't have enough guys to fill out an offense, defense, and ST if we rest all 30 or so guys who are locks to make the roster. We just can't afford another injury; not even a minor or "day to day" type. We're running on fumes...10 days before Opening Day.
      so let the inevitable injury happen NOW while we have a couple more weeks before 1st game and LOTS of roster cuts coming to replace injured players with affordable replacements and a couple weeks to absorb system. We won't have that luxury when real season starts.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Thursday... Crappy TV night during the crappy TV off season... Chargers football, "its something to do..."

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          We're more likely to lose Sorenson to Arizona since they are trying to fill out their roster as much as we are. They have lots of empty space at QB.
          sorensen isnt going anywhere. its all but given that 3 quarterbacks make it. mccoy and reich pretty much confirm it here: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...ust/all/?print

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

I'm interested in seeing Nick Becton and Randy Richards play more. Always looking for one of those diamond-in-the-rough guys. Right now I think both are practice squad candidates but question whether Becton would make it through waivers.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

It's guys I don't want to see. Rivers, Gates, Mathews, Freeney, ... pretty much all the starters except the O-line. Meachum to start and play 60, looks good to me.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                sorensen isnt going anywhere. its all but given that 3 quarterbacks make it. mccoy and reich pretty much confirm it here: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...ust/all/?print
                CBJ time has expired the best thing he did for us was getting a 3rd roun draft pick from Seattle and swapped 2nd round picks I still can't believe it! None the less this dude is done. If Rivers goes down what do we gain from starting CBJ nothing.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                  Always keep eye contact!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SD!
                  • Send PM

I have a feeling that Meachem is gonna have a really good game tonight and make it hard for the Chargers to cut him. Just a hunch.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
                    I have a feeling that Meachem is gonna have a really good game tonight and make it hard for the Chargers to cut him. Just a hunch.
                    I don't. I think he's quit on the team.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

I'd love to see Meachum improve, it would only help us. I just don't see it happening. Does he even play special teams? He doesn't seem very physical to be able to contribute there.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        I'd love to see Meachum improve, it would only help us. I just don't see it happening. Does he even play special teams? He doesn't seem very physical to be able to contribute there.
                        i saw him on kick returns as the guy in front of goodman leading the way. his "blocking" consisted of a nice little two hand pat on a defenders shoulder.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

If Meachem looks good against a bunch of guys who will be working at IKEA soon, does it really mean anything?

Comment

Working...
                          X