• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    I'm afraid we'd have to throw in a draft choice or two to get a team to take either or both of them.
    Does Billy Johnson still have his white shoes?
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• FiftyFive
      Dean Spanos is a traitor!
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

It's tanking time. 3-13 here we co... oh, who am I kidding. This franchise even sucks at sucking. We'll finish 7-9 and trade up for another running back in the first round.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
        What do you guys think about making Twerk into a RG and put Fluker back at RT?
        No. They like Pulley a lot- he even played a little today. They also have that OL they drafted this year that looked pretty good in camp until he got IR'd early with the leg injury. Fluker's option got picked up already, so I think he has 1 more year left? Not sure what happened to Dunlap today or how much contract he has left and pretty sure without looking it up Barksdale is in his last year. So for next year, if they move Slauson over to Franklin's spot and start Teurk at OC like Steve and/or Fleet wanted and Pulley continues to impress at RG- we could have the interior nailed down and 1 more year of Fluker where he can battle for a starting spot or become a backup while they can try to somehow find 2 starting OTs that don't suck.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
          Maybe we can trade Fluker and Barksdale together for a return man..addition by negative addition type thing.
          Burse was active for this game and supposed to be a return man and I never saw him out there. Upgrading there just doesn't seem to be a priority for TT & MM right now.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• BoltFan84
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Fluker makes some mistakes, but along with Slauson, they're only physical linemen we have. Fluker is a road-grader and moves the pile in running game, and along with Slauson are key to improved running game.

Last year, he wasn't accustomed to new position and along with awful play from other interior offensive linemen, things were bad in run-game. Also, last year in passing game, pocket collapsed a lot from interior pass rush, making things difficult for Rivers. This year, there's much less of that.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

Telesco was always a good drafter. It's the other types of player acquisitions (signing, trades) that he needs to improve on.

There is one positive trait of him that is often overlooked: He's a guy that really has a great personality and works well with anybody, any coaches.

Obviously you don't want a workplace that just sucking each other you know what, but when you're looking at situation in SF, and places like CLE, it reminds you that working environment do matter.

We chased away good coaches from relationship friction before (Bobby Beathard - Boss Ross, AJ - Marty).
              Last edited by vinabolt; 10-30-2016, 08:22 PM.
              Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Frenklin was simply awful today. Slausson and Fluker may not be great, but they defintely had some good moments today. Fluker had some great blocks on the power runs to the left, where he pulled and lead the play up through the hole.

Maybe we need to think about contacting Louis Vasquez and seeing if he can still play. Franklin has been such a waste. He's going to get Rivers hurt.

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Gordon puts up 100+ and we're bashing Olineman? A team with a defense like Denvers is going to make just about any Oline make mistakes, especially in their house. I would think the turnovers, poor coaching and unspecial teams would be main talking point this week.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Did you see the pass protection? How many times in the 1st half did we get behind on yardage with the running game?

Yes, there are going to be rough points in any game against a quality opponent. And if this was the only game they struggled, then there might be a discussion. The counter to that is, since we have to beat Denver to win the division, we need a much better OL to counter their D.

And this same group has struggled on and off in every game. Gordon is stuggling to get to the line. Rivers is throwing a lot of really quick passes and we still give up some sacks. And if you watch them, it is just so obvious, instead of just looking at the stats sheet.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Gordon puts up 100+ and we're bashing Olineman? A team with a defense like Denvers is going to make just about any Oline make mistakes, especially in their house. I would think the turnovers, poor coaching and unspecial teams would be main talking point this week.
                      Probably says more about Gordon's ability than the O-Line's.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

News Flash: This isn't a great team.

It's also not a terrible team.

Just good enough to get your hopes up. Mostly because PR is very, very good. If we had average or below average quarterbacking, it would be a terrible team.

I honestly thought they had very little chance going into this game, so I wasn't that surprised by the result. Was it disheartening, the way it happened? Of course. It always is.

Team played pretty well against a tough opponent on the road. Can't have 3 INT's, miss a FG, have an XP blocked, and come away with nothing with 1st and goal in the 4th, and expect to win.
                        The fact they were close was fairly encouraging.

Also... that Holding call on Okung was in the Endzone and should have been a safety. That was HUGE. But as I worried before the game, Denver doesn't get those things called at home.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                          Elway saved his best for last when he finally had a real team built around him. I am hoping we can do the same for Rivers here and he can go out with a ring or two like Elway did.
                          In order for that to happen we are going to need a year where key players make it through a season.

We have to re-tool the o-line period, Barksdale may be Gaither all over again play good one season get the big contract and then just suck. Dunlap no way he is here or can we afford to have him here with all the concussions and other injuries he has had. Franklin got paid to come here and hasn't produced because he is overweight and slow. So it comes down to Slauson at center who has been okay, and Fluker who can be dominate as a run blocker, liability as pass blocker, big liability the reason he was moved to guard. Fluker can survive as your starting guard as long as the pieces around him are good like our tackles who are sucking at this point.

When healthy we have more than enough weapons on offense when healthy to compete, hell we are competing now with out Allen, Woodhead and Oliver where would we be with them?

The defense is ready to go to the next level if we can get better safeties. The difference right now seen with Mebane and Bosa upfront, and Reid was playing well before going on IR. Linebackers have been better overall since Brown started and Bosa on the line, Perryman and Ingram has played better, if Attocuhi can get healthy and improve. We need to add another corner period Hayward is solid, Verrret is really good just really injury prone, Maeger shows promise just needs to keep improving and as I said before Flowers and the concussions over the last 3 years I let him go after this year.

If they don't get the O-line together Rivers remaining career will be on the fringe of a playoff berth or sneak in one year and not enough to go deep in a run in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X