Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    I love this team. Injuries screw them. We play highly entertaining competitive games every week.

Let's go 11-5 !
    Beautiful!!! Be sad get mad for a couple o days then strap it on and get ready for the next game....I look forward to every Charger game
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Realistically I still think we can finish 10-6 or 9-7, hopefully enough to sneak into the playoff.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This is not the last San Diego Chargers team, come on now.

Comment

• FiftyFive
          Dean Spanos is a traitor!
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          This is not the last San Diego Chargers team, come on now.
          So what has Dean done to ensure that the vote passes and a new stadium gets built in San Diego? Because we're a week away and I'm seeing the same old dysfunction, on and off the field. Nothing has been done to repair this team's relationship with the fans.

I don't mean to be a downer, but the way Dean has been acting for the past two years reeks of Art Modell and Bob Irsay.
          Last edited by FiftyFive; 10-31-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
            So what has Dean done to ensure that the vote passes and a new stadium gets built in San Diego? Because we're a week away and I'm seeing the same old dysfunction, and nothing has been done to repair this team's relationship with the fans.
            It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Even if the vote fails (and it probably will) it is far from over.

Comment

• FiftyFive
              Dean Spanos is a traitor!
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Even if the vote fails (and it probably will) it is far from over.
              You have more faith in the Spanoses than I do. I still think they will use the vote as their excuse to move in with Kroenke. Moving the team last year without giving the city a chance to vote would have been a PR nightmare - especially considering how Dean got humiliated by his fellow owners, how Goodell gave him money to help broker a deal in San Diego, etc. Now, they can claim that they "tried" to get a stadium built here, but those "cheapskates" in San Diego wouldn't give it to them.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't alarmed at how little this franchise even pretends like they want the vote to pass.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                You have more faith in the Spanoses than I do. I still think they will use the vote as their excuse to move in with Kroenke. Moving the team last year without giving the city a chance to vote would have been a PR nightmare - especially considering how Dean got humiliated by his fellow owners, how Goodell gave him money to help broker a deal in San Diego, etc. Now, they can claim that they "tried" to get a stadium built here, but those "cheapskates" in San Diego wouldn't give it to them.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't alarmed at how little this franchise even pretends like they want the vote to pass.
                I have no faith in Spanos, I have despised his ownership from the start. However, I don't think he feels it's in his best interest to hastily move in with Kroenke. He can get a better deal in Mission Valley than being a tenant in LA and I have to think if downtown ends up dying (and this vote failing does not kill it, they will simply repackage it into something more palatable like without the convadium piece) then I think he pursues MV.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

I have no faith in Spanos either but the NFL isn't letting them go to LA unless they want to see 20k crowds.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I have no faith in Spanos, I have despised his ownership from the start. However, I don't think he feels it's in his best interest to hastily move in with Kroenke. He can get a better deal in Mission Valley than being a tenant in LA and I have to think if downtown ends up dying (and this vote failing does not kill it, they will simply repackage it into something more palatable like without the convadium piece) then I think he pursues MV.
                    ^THIS^ After all the bad blood we read about last year, I don't think he EVER wanted to share with Kroenke. He has more leverage claiming he can move in than actually doing it- and he got a free $100 Mil to come back here and work on it some more. No way a Spanos throws away a free $100 Mil while he's playing rent free with a nice practice facility and political leadership that actually wants to work with him on a stadium deal. I'll bet he does everything he can to continue "negotiating" with Faulconer after the vote to satisfy the NFL criteria to get that extra option year for LA and hope the Raiders go to LV so he can lay claim to THEIR free $100 Mil as well.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      I root so hard for this team but I don't know if they have continuously broken my heart this much.
                      Yeah, hard to root for a team with....as you say, no talent.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-31-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Any time you lose it's maddening. It's just that this year seems to be far worse as far as giving games away. It would be one thing if we were being spanked 35-7 every game, but we aren't. Just 1 or 2 plays more a game and we win these instead of lose them. And by 1 or 2 I'm not talking about spectacular highlight plays, just normal things like fielding kicks, holding onto easy interceptions, making a basic block on an extra point attempt.
                        I call it par for the course. The Chargers have invented ways to lose over the years.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          I have no faith in Spanos either but the NFL isn't letting them go to LA unless they want to see 20k crowds.
                          They may get that anyways eventually, as long as Fisher keeps holding the Rams down.

Comment

Working...
                          X