• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    They may get that anyways eventually, as long as Fisher keeps holding the Rams down.
    The Rams could go 0-16 for five years straight and they'd still draw more than the Chargers up there.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We lose, oip posts, the usual.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Any time you lose it's maddening. It's just that this year seems to be far worse as far as giving games away. It would be one thing if we were being spanked 35-7 every game, but we aren't. Just 1 or 2 plays more a game and we win these instead of lose them. And by 1 or 2 I'm not talking about spectacular highlight plays, just normal things like fielding kicks, holding onto easy interceptions, making a basic block on an extra point attempt.
        Mike Riley's tenure was much the same in that respect. Lost lots of close games on stupid stuff.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
          So what has Dean done to ensure that the vote passes and a new stadium gets built in San Diego? Because we're a week away and I'm seeing the same old dysfunction, on and off the field. Nothing has been done to repair this team's relationship with the fans.

I don't mean to be a downer, but the way Dean has been acting for the past two years reeks of Art Modell and Bob Irsay.
          If the measure fails and it is almost certain to fail (66% = never happening ever even if Spanos personally kissed 66% of the voting public's ass), they will at least be in SD in 2017. They've already negotiated several local sponsorships for next year. That's just a fact.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
            Moving the team last year without giving the city a chance to vote would have been a PR nightmare
            Why would they even care if they are leaving?

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't alarmed at how little this franchise even pretends like they want the vote to pass.
            I think when they saw the threshold was 66% and the mayor was late to come around, they became pretty pragmatic about this vote. Oddly, there are lots of ballot measures that are doing next to nothing advertising-wise.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I root for everyone to be their own best fan first and then be there for others.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                ^THIS^ After all the bad blood we read about last year, I don't think he EVER wanted to share with Kroenke. He has more leverage claiming he can move in than actually doing it- and he got a free $100 Mil to come back here and work on it some more. No way a Spanos throws away a free $100 Mil while he's playing rent free with a nice practice facility and political leadership that actually wants to work with him on a stadium deal. I'll bet he does everything he can to continue "negotiating" with Faulconer after the vote to satisfy the NFL criteria to get that extra option year for LA and hope the Raiders go to LV so he can lay claim to THEIR free $100 Mil as well.
                One option may be to move to LA and then try to continue to extort a good stadium deal in San Diego. Cockblocks the Raiders from LA, puts maximum leverage on the NFL to cough up that extra $100m (maybe more), and "keeps leverage" in SD.
                Last edited by KNSD; 11-01-2016, 02:06 PM.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                  One option may be to move to LA and then try to continue to extort a good stadium deal in San Diego. Cockblocks the Raiders from LA, puts maximum leverage on the NFL to cough up that extra $100m (maybe more), and "keeps leverage" in SD.
                  That would never fly in San Diego.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    That would never fly in San Diego.
                    They've done a lot of things that would never fly in San Diego. The mere act of "going to LA" may be the thing that gets the NFL to cough up that extra cash.
                    Prediction:
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

The Raiders are an Owner's vote away from going to Vegas so cockblocking them to LA imo isn't an accomplishment.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        The Raiders are an Owner's vote away from going to Vegas so cockblocking them to LA imo isn't an accomplishment.
                        Not so fast.

Prediction:

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

I like this team plenty. What that says about how much I like myself I'm afraid to think about.

Comment

Working...
                          X