• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He's gotten 55 carries and has averaged 2.5 ypc. He's had his chances, he sucks.
    wow, you are being really harsh on spiller, if he truly sucks as you say he won't make it to the 53 man, let's see if this new offense and coaches brings out something we haven't seen first before deciding that he's done, he's only like 23 years old during the 2024 season...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's going to be a totally difference offense.

I have some questions about Dobbins though. Not just his ability to avoid injury, but if he can be the same player physically after all the injuries he's suffered. The Ravens weren't interested in bringing him back, they may know something. He is only 25 years old though.
      IF the Ravens "know something", then I think Hortiz might have the 411 on that. Just postulating but inside info on a Ravens player that was on his roster his whole career???......yeah I think Joe's got that one covered don't you???

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I’m looking forward to the OL kicking some serious ass this year and all these backs being productive.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

I'd be surprised if Dobbins doesn't start the season on the PUP list. If he can come in halfway through the season and give a spark then that's good. I don't expect more than that.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
            I'd be surprised if Dobbins doesn't start the season on the PUP list. If he can come in halfway through the season and give a spark then that's good. I don't expect more than that.
            Could be hype, though I am sure Hortiz and the Chargers did their due diligence, but a couple of weeks ago Dobbins surgeon declared him fully healthy and said he looks outstanding in his recovery

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I’m looking forward to the OL kicking some serious ass this year and all these backs being productive.
              Gonna need some new FBI dudes (ahem, OL), last ones got blown up. Or maybe just coaching, I dunno.
              Last edited by blueman; 04-18-2024, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Could be hype, though I am sure Hortiz and the Chargers did their due diligence, but a couple of weeks ago Dobbins surgeon declared him fully healthy and said he looks outstanding in his recovery
                This type of low-risk / high-reward transaction is why you manage the cap better than Telesco did. Hortiz is off to a good start.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

wow, you are being really harsh on spiller, if he truly sucks as you say he won't make it to the 53 man, let's see if this new offense and coaches brings out something we haven't seen first before deciding that he's done, he's only like 23 years old during the 2024 season...
                  I don't think it's harsh to say he sucks when he truly does suck. Reality can be brutal. I'll be shocked if he makes the roster. I don't know if he's even a practice squad candidate to be honest.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    I still feel Spiller is our best RB and hope he gets a chance this year
                    I apologize for my abrupt response to your post. Sometimes I can be rude when I feel strongly about something and I don't realize I'm being rude. I do sincerely hope that Spiller shows something this season. I was very high on him as a rookie.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

His tank should be pretty darn full, if he can keep it out of the garage
                      you mean take it outa the shop? but man in the 4.3's is really fast for a RB of his size and stature. hopefully he can stay healthy.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

you mean take it outa the shop? but man in the 4.3's is really fast for a RB of his size and stature. hopefully he can stay healthy.
                        He probably doesn't have 4.3 speed anymore after those injuries, but definitely still a low risk/high reward scenario for us.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I wonder how much Dobbins is getting? This is a great signing any way you look at it. I have always liked Dobbins, being an OSU fan, and really hoping he can overcome these tragic injuries he keeps experiencing. He sure does not look like he is 5'10 like he is listed. And Roman for all the complaining about his perceived caveman offense, seems to be really liked by assistant coaches and players and has been a draw for them.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X