Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
    Seems he doesn't catch the ball. I don't think we have any RB's who catch. Are we totally taking the ball out of Herberts hands?

Maybe the trade rumors are real and we trade Herbert and draft that JJ guy Harbaugh likes so much.
    Sorry if I sound like a broken record but it's helpful to point out that Roman's offenses typically does not utilize RBs as pass catchers. FWIW.
    P1. Block Destruction
    P2. Shocking Effort
    P3. Ball Disruption
    P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

You are not a broken record and you are correct. In Baltimore, the RBs under Roman ran screens and safety valve dumps and that was pretty much the extent of it. Dobbins was a good receiver in college. He can do more if that is what the offense requires. And Herbert either really likes to use his RBs as receivers or he was forced to but it was a big part of his game up to now.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sorry if I sound like a broken record but it's helpful to point out that Roman's offenses typically does not utilize RBs as pass catchers. FWIW.
        If Greg Roman had Ronnie Harmon as a third down back - he would figure out how to get him the ball

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's going to be a totally difference offense.

I have some questions about Dobbins though. Not just his ability to avoid injury, but if he can be the same player physically after all the injuries he's suffered. The Ravens weren't interested in bringing him back, they may know something. He is only 25 years old though.
          If the “ravens may know something”. John wouldn’t keep it secret from Jim and screw him.

If Dobbins doesn’t get reinjured, this is a smart addition.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Really like additions of Edward’s and Dobbins but I doubt either of them is going to move the needle without OL changes.

The fat guys up front simply aren’t road graders. Telesco saddled us with wuzzies. Trade down that #5 and start with one of the premier OL’s in the draft.

LT couldn’t have run behind these chumps last year.

Same with DT. Bring in an immovable anchor to the middle of that DLine or kiss another season goodbye.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
              Really like additions of Edward’s and Dobbins but I doubt either of them is going to move the needle without OL changes.

The fat guys up front simply aren’t road graders. Telesco saddled us with wuzzies. Trade down that #5 and start with one of the premier OL’s in the draft.

LT couldn’t have run behind these chumps last year.

Same with DT. Bring in an immovable anchor to the middle of that DLine or kiss another season goodbye.
              Agree last year's OL performance was pathetic.
              Don't agree all OL must be replaced.
              Clapp is gone, Bozeman is C. May be some other movement.
              We have blocking TEs, FB who know how to block as compared to none last year.
              But mainly it's a huge improvement in numbers and quality at strength and conditioning, OC, OC Sr O asst, pass game CO, run game/ TE CO, OL coaches.
              Last years OL played like chickens with their heads cut off. No idea what the game plan might have been, or if there was one. Every man for himself.
              That was a disaster with new players at LG, C, RG after Linsley went down.
              2024 cannot be that sh**show with competent coaches.
              Not worried at all regards improvement. Team blocking is so much better than "hey the ball was snapped! look for someone to hit!".
              Slater, Johnson, Bozeman will start. Pipkins, Salyer probably..
              The OL will be better definitely. How much? Avg or better to start.

DTs? We have young players but a tough guy from the draft won't hurt.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Good highlight vid that has plays not in the above vids I posted. You might want to hit the mute button.

J.K. Dobbins Highlights 🔥 - Welcome to the Los Angeles Chargers

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't think it's harsh to say he sucks when he truly does suck. Reality can be brutal. I'll be shocked if he makes the roster. I don't know if he's even a practice squad candidate to be honest.
                  From what little I saw of Spiller, I kind of liked him and don't really understand why they played him so sparingly.

When you get so few carries, you never get a chance to get in a rhythm ...... and I think Spiller is one of those rbs that needs to get a feel for the action, more than others:
                  an inside the tackles slithery type running back.

Staley was an ass of a head coach.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    Agree last year's OL performance was pathetic.
                    Don't agree all OL must be replaced.
                    Clapp is gone, Bozeman is C. May be some other movement.
                    We have blocking TEs, FB who know how to block as compared to none last year.
                    But mainly it's a huge improvement in numbers and quality at strength and conditioning, OC, OC Sr O asst, pass game CO, run game/ TE CO, OL coaches.
                    Last years OL played like chickens with their heads cut off. No idea what the game plan might have been, or if there was one. Every man for himself.
                    That was a disaster with new players at LG, C, RG after Linsley went down.
                    2024 cannot be that sh**show with competent coaches.
                    Not worried at all regards improvement. Team blocking is so much better than "hey the ball was snapped! look for someone to hit!".
                    Slater, Johnson, Bozeman will start. Pipkins, Salyer probably..
                    The OL will be better definitely. How much? Avg or better to start.

DTs? We have young players but a tough guy from the draft won't hurt.
                    Watching Salyer, he was just lost last year.

And Clapp, he was unathletic even by center standards, with little intuition towards playing the position

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

From what little I saw of Spiller, I kind of liked him and don't really understand why they played him so sparingly.

When you get so few carries, you never get a chance to get in a rhythm ...... and I think Spiller is one of those rbs that needs to get a feel for the action, more than others:
                      an inside the tackles slithery type running back.

Staley was an ass of a head coach.
                      And what if he still doesn't show improvement? When he did get carries, they weren't impressive. I didn't feel confident about him when he got his opportunities. The first game he got a carry, against Seattle in 2022, he got negative yardage.

He's young and can still get better though. Spiller has potential to be better than Joshua Kelley. It'll be all on him to meet his potential. I don't really trust the JK Dobbins signing. And I'm not Greg Roman fan. But I do wish the running game improves.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Okay... I love you JKD

image000000(2).jpg
                        P1. Block Destruction
                        P2. Shocking Effort
                        P3. Ball Disruption
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And what if he still doesn't show improvement? When he did get carries, they weren't impressive. I didn't feel confident about him when he got his opportunities. The first game he got a carry, against Seattle in 2022, he got negative yardage.

He's young and can still get better though. Spiller has potential to be better than Joshua Kelley. It'll be all on him to meet his potential. I don't really trust the JK Dobbins signing. And I'm not Greg Roman fan. But I do wish the running game improves.
                          The only thing you have to do is to build a OL !

Comment

Working...
                          X