• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Wow. That is a true low risk bargain. They must have been the only ones really interested
    Yeah, 1.6mil with 750k tied to incentives is even lower than what I had anticipated…he’s a non factor cap wise or compensatory pick wise…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Let’s wait until Herbert does his thing. He was claiming he can make players move faster and more explosive.
      I think he said he can give them the gift of flight, too. And x-ray vision. And change their flat tires. Coach Herb's got the juice today!
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Dobbins signed for $1.6m plus up to $750k in incentives

At those dollars - Chargers are still going to draft RB
        could be - with lots of veteran insurance signed up just in case.

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yeah, 1.6mil with 750k tied to incentives is even lower than what I had anticipated…he’s a non factor cap wise or compensatory pick wise…
          it is telling for how seriously teams look at injury history. i think Bosa knew that working things out with the chargers was his best bet. hopefully it pays off for both sides

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I think he said he can give them the gift of flight, too. And x-ray vision. And change their flat tires. Coach Herb's got the juice today!
            i think Ben Herbert seems like a dedicated guy, but i don't think he is the only guy who knows how to train / get people in shape.

what I do like is that Harbaugh seems to have brought together an entire coaching team that he REALLY knows how to work with.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i think Ben Herbert seems like a dedicated guy, but i don't think he is the only guy who knows how to train / get people in shape.

what I do like is that Harbaugh seems to have brought together an entire coaching team that he REALLY knows how to work with.
              Agree. I like that Harbaugh and Herbert are so closely aligned. I don't know of any other NFL team, or really any professional sports team, that has that to this degree. It has to provide some sort of advantage?

And all those other coaches seem like extensions of Harbaugh. And Harbaugh, at least from the pictures, is not just mailing it in and twirling his whistle. He seems pretty engaged.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Agree. I like that Harbaugh and Herbert are so closely aligned. I don't know of any other NFL team, or really any professional sports team, that has that to this degree. It has to provide some sort of advantage?

And all those other coaches seem like extensions of Harbaugh. And Harbaugh, at least from the pictures, is not just mailing it in and twirling his whistle. He seems pretty engaged.

TG
                HH&H

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Low risk
                  high reward
                  I LOVE this signing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

The storm is over, JK is going to take off!

This intriguing addition to Los Angeles' offense could be a boon for Pro Bowl quarterback Justin Herbert.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      The storm is over, JK is going to take off!

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/new-...healthy-ak1987
                      Seriously, if he does suffer any more injuries, this could ignite the Chargers' offense. He was that good in Balt while he was able to play. He is only 25 years old, just had his birthday in Dec.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Seriously, if he does suffer any more injuries, this could ignite the Chargers' offense. He was that good in Balt while he was able to play. He is only 25 years old, just had his birthday in Dec.
                        guessing you meant does not
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Duck of Death
                          Social Piranha
                          • May 2022
                          • Flyover, USA
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Seriously, if he does(n’t) suffer any more injuries, this could ignite the Chargers' offense. He was that good in Balt while he was able to play. He is only 25 years old, just had his birthday in Dec.
                          Man I’m pulling for the guy. But I’m also struggling to find any instances of a RB coming back the same from an Achilles tear. I do know that Cam Akers came back & had one good year, but has struggled since. And I think he tore his other Achilles just last year. Talk about lousy luck.

BUT, some reason for hope is that JK supposedly had the same “speedbridge” surgery that Aaron Rodgers had - an innovative new technique/device that speeds up recovery and put’s less stress on the area. Fingers crossed. This guy deserves some better luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X