• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Weirdest pick of the night was the Falcons taking Penix at #8. Really no way to explain it with the contract they just gave Cousins.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Trade Pipkins for cap space and you can sign both Simmons and a WR
      True but it would need to be after June 1st. Still, what do you think Simmons will sign for? We looking for bargains this year.

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Oh forget it. Every player on every play is subject to injury. I don't believe you build a roster on "What If player X gets hurt?". Stack the roster with the best players and WHEN the injuries happen, next man up.
        I don’t believe teams are asking that question either. In the case of Wilson they don’t have to ask it.
        They already know it. He does, indeed get hurt. Badly. Season ending. 3 times.
        So why would they think he’s not going to continue getting hurt at the NFL level? He can’t stay healthy at the ACC level. I don’t need to ask any questions.
        I already know the answer. Unfortunately…

The RB and LB positions are just so brutal. You are either hitting or getting hit almost every single play. They just don’t last….

Id love to see him in the powder blue though!!
        He’s really good when he’s healthy.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Simmons is a long long shot. I have read the Texans and Eagles are interested and with those teams, on paper and 2023 performance, are better and probably going to the playoffs - he might want those two options

but - if looking at the best free agents, he is near the top of the list
          Yeah. He’d just take the money at this point. This will probably be his last larger contract.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but it would need to be after June 1st. Still, what do you think Simmons will sign for? We looking for bargains this year.
            If you can trade Pipkins this weekend - I say do it before a team changes their mind! Its under $3m difference - so manageable

As for what he would sign for - I don't know. And its a pipedream - but when I saw a list of free agents, he was the best one out there. Too your point though, would a guy like Boyd make more sense, from a need perspective at under or around $5m than Simmons. Even I would say yes to that

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I don’t believe teams are asking that question either. In the case of Wilson they don’t have to ask it.
              They already know it. He does, indeed get hurt. Badly. Season ending. 3 times.
              So why would they think he’s not going to continue getting hurt at the NFL level? He can’t stay healthy at the ACC level. I don’t need to ask any questions.
              I already know the answer. Unfortunately…

The RB and LB positions are just so brutal. You are either hitting or getting hit almost every single play. They just don’t last….

Id love to see him in the powder blue though!!
              He’s really good when he’s healthy.
              He is awfully lean. Could be sacrificing power for speed. Makes him better in coverage, but more susceptible to getting manhandled at the point of contact. Maybe that's something Ben Herbert could work on?

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We have development C prospects.
                All the OL talk by our staff supported by drafting Alt leads me to believe we'll draft a top C.
                CB or DT is due soon.
                Yes..:could see them saying we need Grade A beef at Center and going that route at 37. We just have so many other holes to fill…but would be aligned with the philosophy that they have very consistently expressed and reinforced.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

If you can trade Pipkins this weekend - I say do it before a team changes their mind! Its under $3m difference - so manageable

As for what he would sign for - I don't know. And its a pipedream - but when I saw a list of free agents, he was the best one out there. Too your point though, would a guy like Boyd make more sense, from a need perspective at under or around $5m than Simmons. Even I would say yes to that
                  Id offer him to Telesco for a 4th, see if he bites. TT may think thats a bargain and they need a RT.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

He is awfully lean. Could be sacrificing power for speed. Makes him better in coverage, but more susceptible to getting manhandled at the point of contact. Maybe that's something Ben Herbert could work on?
                    Yeah, he’s got a lot of upside.
                    He’s known as a reckless player. That’s the way he’s universally described. If a team could harness him and keep him out of the wash more on run plays, it would lengthen his career. You are already in career management with a player that’s played 6!! years of college football and had 3 season ending injuries.
                    If he went to a team thats already really good on defense, I think they could manage him successfully for a few years. Carefully utilize him and watch his snap count and because they are already really good, he’d be ok in that set up physically. Like SF. Or BALT.
                    With LAC, they are just so paper thin….
                    I mean as of typing this they have huge holes at DT huge holes at CB and huge holes at LB and they need another S…
                    I

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id offer him to Telesco for a 4th, see if he bites. TT may think thats a bargain and they need a RT.
                      I like it. Pipkins is owed 6.25m this year and 6.75m for next year so unless Telesco drafts RT - he would be getting Pipkins for $13m for two years

Chargers could take that money and sign a Tyler Boyd next week or another WR
                      Of if they get WR in the draft -maybe another position - better use of funds than 6.25m on a back up RT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I like it. Pipkins is owed 6.25m this year and 6.75m for next year so unless Telesco drafts RT - he would be getting Pipkins for $13m for two years

Chargers could take that money and sign a Tyler Boyd next week or another WR
                        Of if they get WR in the draft -maybe another position - better use of funds than 6.25m on a back up RT
                        Frankly im surprised they picked Bowers with Fuaga right there for them at RT. TT never seems to do the right thing but ...Bowers will be good.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

I would be so excited if we get Jackson. Just for to sharpen the tip.

Comment

Working...
                          X