Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Take 2.
    They have 105 and 110 in the 4th.
    They do need to get up jnto the 2nd twice today, though.
    The 2nd round is a defensive 1st round today.

Also. Money Smith made another observation…

”If Alt isn’t worth taking at 5 instead of a weapon, then why is it that every other freaking pick in the 1st round is an OT?!?!”
    Money gets it

and just based on listening to his podcast with Chris Hayre - if I could get that guy a few beers in - my guess is that he wasn't impressed with Telesco as GM or Staley as HC
    one the podcast last night, only listened to a few minutes, will listen more today - but he talked about the JH2 vision since they were hired. And they have had a plan. This is well thought out

and today at 37 - they will be taking BPA . I can also see if they like half dozen players and somebody wants to move up and they can get an extra 4th - they will do it

I don't care if the pick today is WR or Center or DB or LB or IDL - just keep bringing in talent

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Not that anyone ever believed the idiotic rumors we were looking to trade Herbert, it is interesting that teams called anyway:

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Money gets it

and just based on listening to his podcast with Chris Hayre - if I could get that guy a few beers in - my guess is that he wasn't impressed with Telesco as GM or Staley as HC
        one the podcast last night, only listened to a few minutes, will listen more today - but he talked about the JH2 vision since they were hired. And they have had a plan. This is well thought out

and today at 37 - they will be taking BPA . I can also see if they like half dozen players and somebody wants to move up and they can get an extra 4th - they will do it

I don't care if the pick today is WR or Center or DB or LB or IDL - just keep bringing in talent
        “As to taking a weapon at 5, we see Offensive linemen as weapons. The offensive line is the tip of the spear”.

-Jim Harbaugh today on taking Joe Alt at 5

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

“Whos the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL as of today?!?! Amon St Brown. 4th round pick..”

-Matt Money Smith

The dude is spitting fire today…
          Its now actully AJ Brown from round 2

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

You might want to go listen to Coach first as he still see Pipkins as a starter on HIS line. More than likely at RG. He’s way more athletic than Salyer for their scheme.
            But he is a terrible run blocker.

Jim talks up all his players. He talked up Allen and Williams. One got traded and other cut.
            Just because coach says something nice about players doesn't mean their job is safe.

Pipkins lost his job the moment they drafted Alt. So now he has to earn it over Salyer and Johnson. You think those guys are just going to step back and let him have it. I don't.

And there is still Rd 2 pick #37 or Rd 3 pick #69 where they might find BPA at OG/OC to add even more competition to OL.

If Pipkins want a job, he needs to earn it. Or Telesco can send Chargers some picks and take him.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

I would take C now not sure if JPJ medical is sound as he is falling but a C (Frazier) allow this OLine to gel next year and hold for a decade.

If not OL then Newton please.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

But he is a terrible run blocker.

Jim talks up all his players. He talked up Allen and Williams. One got traded and other cut.
                Just because coach says something nice about players doesn't mean their job is safe.

Pipkins lost his job the moment they drafted Alt. So now he has to earn it over Salyer and Johnson. You think those guys are just going to step back and let him have it. I don't.

And there is still Rd 2 pick #37 or Rd 3 pick #69 where they might find BPA at OG/OC to add even more competition to OL.

If Pipkins want a job, he needs to earn it. Or Telesco can send Chargers some picks and take him.
                If there is a market for Pipkins, I would trade him this week end. I get if they trade him post June 1 they save 2.5m more of cap space but I want the pick this year. the pick you get this year is known

Plus with that extra $3.75m of cap space can probably sign Tyler Boyd to a multi year deal and still have money for a Justin Simmons -if need be. Simmons is my dream - see if it becomes a reality

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Its now actully AJ Brown from round 2
                  I think we’ve now made the point that pro bowl WRs can be had in the middle rounds.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

“Whos the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL as of today?!?! Amon St Brown. 4th round pick..”

-Matt Money Smith

The dude is spitting fire today…
                    Yep...I think Matt is ahem, on the Money...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I think we’ve now made the point that pro bowl WRs can be had in the middle rounds.
                      Pro Bowl players can be found in a lot of rounds

Just don't get into trouble by selecting need over talent. Especially this Chargers roster. The Chargers pick at 37. Say the two best players on their roster are DB or IDL at 27 and WR is slotted at 31, easy choice, take the IDL or CB. Don't chase players or position,

Now maybe on Day 3, the pick from the Bears - you have two players, one ranked 103 and one ranked 104 picking at 110 - fine if you want to tilt the scale for need. But talent talent talent

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        Junior Colson of Michigan & Kris Jenkins of Michigan are 2 of the top 15 next best available picks according to ESPN if they are available when we pick fifth they will be 2 of the top 11 players available, does Harbaugh take a former player or do we draft a higher ranked player that plays CB in Dejean, Kool Aid, Rakestraw, Lassiter or Tampa. In a perfect world we get say Colson and one of those 5 CB's slides to our 3rd round pick but that's 40 ish picks of hoping.
                        ^ This...if Colson is there @#37, I think we pick him...now that those stinking Raiduhs have Twin TE Towers, we're gonna need a whole lotta coverage help...Colson fits the bill, plus he knows Minter's scheme inside and out...

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If there is a market for Pipkins, I would trade him this week end. I get if they trade him post June 1 they save 2.5m more of cap space but I want the pick this year. the pick you get this year is known

Plus with that extra $3.75m of cap space can probably sign Tyler Boyd to a multi year deal and still have money for a Justin Simmons -if need be. Simmons is my dream - see if it becomes a reality
                          Don’t underestimate the need for depth. pipkins is now one of the best swing tackles in the league. If you need him to start a few games due to injury you should be able to survive. Previously the Chargers would have to put someone in that has no business even seeing the field. I can’t imagine JH x2 wanting to deplete the o-line depth they are building in what they deem as their 2nd most important position group (after QB).

Comment

Working...
                          X