• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...if Colson is there @#37, I think we pick him...now that those stinking Raiduhs have Twin TE Towers, we're gonna need a whole lotta coverage help...Colson fits the bill, plus he knows Minter's scheme inside and out...
    Hortiz needs to go get another 2nd. There’s some really good players in the 2nd. Look at all the talent. 4 teams with 2 2’s..

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Hortiz needs to go get another 2nd. There’s some really good players in the 2nd. Look at all the talent. 4 teams with 2 2’s..
      It would cost them a future 1st to get another 2nd or something like a 3rd and 4th. I am greedy, I want MORE picks not less

I am good with moving down in R2 to get a 3rd or 4th though

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

You know, the way the board is playing out, the FO might look at this and go position group by position group in this draft. It’s just a really deep draft and they may have forecasted it out that way. Not that all drafts work out like that but look at the board.

They might be able to draft JPJ next and then say, “OK, put O line to bed. That position group is completely resolved. What’s next? CB? OK, who’s our guys at CB?” And literally work down the line while going group to group. I know that sounds weird but it kinda is working out that way. They could go C then go CB in the 3rd, then double dip at WR in the 4th. This WR class is really freaking deep. They might see that that’s how this draft will play out and they’ve got a kind of loose plan they are following..

Comment

• Icebolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2023
          • Send PM

Don't know how Joe H values Newton, but he would be an awesome pick between Bosa and Mack. You can still get a WR or CB in rd.#3.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
            I would take C now not sure if JPJ medical is sound as he is falling but a C (Frazier) allow this OLine to gel next year and hold for a decade.

If not OL then Newton please.
            TIP OF THE SPEAR
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
              Don't know how Joe H values Newton, but he would be an awesome pick between Bosa and Mack. You can still get a WR or CB in rd.#3.
              There’s 3 DTs just sitting there that possibly could be there at 37.
              Jenkins
              Newton
              Ohrororororo

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

Don’t underestimate the need for depth. pipkins is now one of the best swing tackles in the league. If you need him to start a few games due to injury you should be able to survive. Previously the Chargers would have to put someone in that has no business even seeing the field. I can’t imagine JH x2 wanting to deplete the o-line depth they are building in what they deem as their 2nd most important position group (after QB).
                How the guy who is bottom RT in league and never played LT as he cannot play that position is the best swing tackle in tje league?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

How the guy who is bottom RT in league and never played LT as he cannot play that position is the best swing tackle in tje league?
                  I think if they can trade Pipkins - -they will look into it.

Now if they can't - his money is guaranteed so he will be the back up Swing Tackle

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

TIP OF THE SPEAR
                    It's been interesting, for a change, to watch 'The Vision' unfold. In fact, this is the first year is a long time where there has even *been* a vision! Today's picks will be even more telling, IMO, than the Alt pick.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I don't know...Cooper Dejean looks really good. Did his injury cause him to drop? I'm in the DB or Dline group for the second round pick. Third I'm completely open to any player they like.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

If you guys haven’t seen this yet. Watch it.
                        The texting with his brother about Alt is kinda hilarious.
                        He talks about Pipkins and the Oline. Popper tries to push it but Jim shuts him down.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...if Colson is there @#37, I think we pick him...now that those stinking Raiduhs have Twin TE Towers, we're gonna need a whole lotta coverage help...Colson fits the bill, plus he knows Minter's scheme inside and out...
                          I'm still not getting anyone to bite on my Payton Wilson want, but he would help here. Newton at 37, Wilson at 69. Nobody??

Comment

Working...
                          X