• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Frankly im surprised they picked Bowers with Fuaga right there for them at RT. TT never seems to do the right thing but ...Bowers will be good.
    And the Raiders drafted Mayer last year at TE -- so yes, surprising they didn't take Fuaga. But Bowers will be very good I do believe.

Hopefully Telesco takes your idea -- he doesn't like 4th round picks anyway - send one for your old OT Tre Pipkins. We will throw in JT Woods so make it a 3rd for both

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Frankly im surprised they picked Bowers with Fuaga right there for them at RT. TT never seems to do the right thing but ...Bowers will be good.
      That was the one pick that really stung, man…
      Of all the teams…
      I thought if he went to the Rams at least it would kinda be cool cause he’s next door.

And the NYJ made the right pick. Never thought that…

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, he’s got a lot of upside.
        He’s known as a reckless player. That’s the way he’s universally described. If a team could harness him and keep him out of the wash more on run plays, it would lengthen his career. You are already in career management with a player that’s played 6!! years of college football and had 3 season ending injuries.
        If he went to a team thats already really good on defense, I think they could manage him successfully for a few years. Carefully utilize him and watch his snap count and because they are already really good, he’d be ok in that set up physically. Like SF. Or BALT.
        With LAC, they are just so paper thin….
        I mean as of typing this they have huge holes at DT huge holes at CB and huge holes at LB and they need another S…
        I
        Kind of have to be at that position to be great, but yes it takes it's toll. RIP Junior Seau. My son was an All State MLB a couple of years ago. He was at a small D2 school before he found out he and his girlfriend were expecting so he decided to hang them up. Got out pretty much injury free so for that I'm very thankful. Sure do miss watching the kid play though.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

How the guy who is bottom RT in league and never played LT as he cannot play that position is the best swing tackle in tje league?
          He has filled in for Slater before and actually played decent.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And the Raiders drafted Mayer last year at TE -- so yes, surprising they didn't take Fuaga. But Bowers will be very good I do believe.

Hopefully Telesco takes your idea -- he doesn't like 4th round picks anyway - send one for your old OT Tre Pipkins. We will throw in JT Woods so make it a 3rd for both
            They also signed Harrison Bryant to a 1 year contract this offseason. Bowers is better than all of them, but it sure wasn't a position of need.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They also signed Harrison Bryant to a 1 year contract this offseason. Bowers is better than all of them, but it sure wasn't a position of need.
              Nevertheless Bowers is a baller and it will be annoying to watch him rock in silver and black for the next decade after watching Kelce shred us for the previous 10.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Oooooh…
                Minter does play a lot of 3 CB alignments…
                Thats not a bad idea at all.

3 CB? Neither Simmons nor James are a CB.

they are both hella players, I’m sure he could make good use of them. I like Simmons a lot, just don’t have S prioritized for a Day 2 pick and I’m not sure Simmons will be around Day 3.

But to just restate what I’ve posted many times - why do folks think Minter is going to implement his exact same UM defense? He’s moving from NCAA to NFL, why y’all think he’s gonna try and play NCAA football in the NFL?

I have no idea how different it will be, but I’m willing to bet two taco platters it will not be exactly the same. NFL offenses are not the same as NCAA. He will have a different roster that don’t have the same strengths and weaknesses.

If he is on the board at 37, Newton is the absolute BPA meets Biggest Need perfect no brainer pick of the year. Minter will love having a DT even better than Jenkins, he’s not gonna worry that Newton doesn’t know his scheme yet.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He’s not any good at Rd3 picks, he should just send us that pick for Pip, without JTW. I want to see JTW in camp with real coaches and pre-camp with Ben, personally - we arent that deep at S, no need to create another roster hole we have to fill. He should become a good backup at the least.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

3 CB? Neither Simmons nor James are a CB.

they are both hella players, I’m sure he could make good use of them. I like Simmons a lot, just don’t have S prioritized for a Day 2 pick and I’m not sure Simmons will be around Day 3.

But to just restate what I’ve posted many times - why do folks think Minter is going to implement his exact same UM defense? He’s moving from NCAA to NFL, why y’all think he’s gonna try and play NCAA football in the NFL?

I have no idea how different it will be, but I’m willing to bet two taco platters it will not be exactly the same. NFL offenses are not the same as NCAA. He will have a different roster that don’t have the same strengths and weaknesses.

If he is on the board at 37, Newton is the absolute BPA meets Biggest Need perfect no brainer pick of the year. Minter will love having a DT even better than Jenkins, he’s not gonna worry that Newton doesn’t know his scheme yet.
                    I meant S.
                    And yes, I agree on both points thst Newton would be the pick, I keep forgetting he’s available and I do think Minter will want a S to be able to cover in the slot role.
                    I like Josh Proctor in the 5th..

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I meant S.
                      And yes, I agree on both points thst Newton would be the pick, I keep forgetting he’s available and I do think Minter will want a S to be able to cover in the slot role.
                      I like Josh Proctor in the 5th..
                      Simmons + James would be a wicked brew. Those guys can wreck the place. But slot nickel back >> CB1 for need? Several good CBs are BPA over Simmons. I can’t see it, maybe if he’s still on the board in Rd3 … but I need to see the board to even begin to assess LAC’s BPA.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Simmons + James would be a wicked brew. Those guys can wreck the place. But slot nickel back >> CB1 for need? Several good CBs are BPA over Simmons. I can’t see it, maybe if he’s still on the board in Rd3 … but I need to see the board to even begin to assess LAC’s BPA.
                        Where have you been? Work?

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We have development C prospects.
                          All the OL talk by our staff supported by drafting Alt leads me to believe we'll draft a top C.
                          CB or DT is due soon.
                          Bozeman is a developmental prospect ??
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X