• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He’s not any good at Rd3 picks, he should just send us that pick for Pip, without JTW. I want to see JTW in camp with real coaches and pre-camp with Ben, personally - we arent that deep at S, no need to create another roster hole we have to fill. He should become a good backup at the least.
    I should have added an emoji or something as just being facetious about adding Woods with Pipkins - as yes, I would like to see what a real coaching staff can do with him and Herbert

And you are right, Woods should be a decent backup. I would say he could be a good gunner on ST with his speed bu he doesn't tackle that well

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I hate the pick, not the player

Position of least need

Too much draft capital to put in to a pick where you are not even sure what position he will play

It's like Padres dejavu, we have an all star short stop? Lets put our resources in to getting a few more shortstops!

Someone is not going to be happy about being paid less on the right side.

QBs never wish for a second LT when they already have an all pro and when they have no weapons. I got to think Herbert is wondering what the fuck he is in for, hand the ball off 40 times and throw 12 passes?

BEND OVER! TAKE IT! YOU WILL LIKE IT! ITS ALL ABOUT THE TEAM! WE WILL WIN MY WAY! GET ON BOARD OR GET OUT!
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Position of least need

Too much draft capital to put in to a pick where you are not even sure what position he will play

It's like Padres dejavu, we have an all star short stop? Lets put our resources in to getting a few more shortstops!

QBs never wish for a second LT when they already have an all pro and when they have no weapons. I got to think Herbert is wondering what the fuck he is in for, hand the ball off 40 times and throw 12 passes?

BEND OVER! TAKE IT! YOU WILL LIKE IT! ITS ALL ABOUT THE TEAM! WE WILL WIN MY WAY! GET ON BOARD OR GET OUT!
        they know exactly where Joe Alt is going to play

probably just trying to see if there is a market for Pipkins to trade him

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Um you mean you think you think they know where he is going to play even though reading their quotes last night make me think Harbaugh has gone senile!

They literally said Slater is locked in at LT and also that it is TBD. They also literally said Pipkins is still seen as a starter on this line.

They basically were just really happy and said a bunch of shit

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

yep. In a new position for him at RT.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

yep. In a new position for him at RT.
              This is a guess. They have contradicting quotes on this subject

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

This is a guess. They have contradicting quotes on this subject
                Harbaugh said Slater is the LT. Unequivocally.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Harbaugh said Slater is the LT. Unequivocally.
                  He also said it was TBD.

Alt has a higher draft grade then Slater I am pretty sure and Jim thinks LT just means your the best player on the line. That's why he says he wants five LTs.

Both of them I think played RT earlier in their college careers. I had heard Alt looked bad in RT drills pre draft.

Questions to Alt in presser are asking basically if he can play both sides of the line.......
                  Last edited by BlazingBolt; 04-26-2024, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Position of least need

Not a position of need? We had one of the worse Olines in the NFL. Herbert's going to thrive with some decent protection and a running game. We could have picked one of those vaunted speedy receivers at No. 1, but Justin would have been flat on his back before he had a chance to connect with them. As for the Padres, the Bolts weren't the only team with a jinx. Hoping they can put theirs being them, too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Where have you been? Work?
                      ‘Sup JB! Bamahas and the DR cruise … headed back to Port Canaveral by sunrise tomorrow.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

#2 Pick: Braden Fisk (Guy's a BEAST). See his highlights? Fast 300 lb dude. 6.5 sacks last yr from interior. Solid run stuffer. Powerful.
                        #3 Rice (Rice's son - clutch, smart - of course). Or Roman Wilson Michigan - Playmaker. Continuity. Clutch. Johnny Wilson 6'6" Add WR Khark from Free Agency (He visited last week.) JK Dobbins visited and signed.
                        #4 CB DJ James. Speed galore. Fulton and ASJ can start. Taylor, Leonard and DJ James or the CB Khyree Jackson from Oregon is solid too.
                        #4 LB (Get a smart, tough guy)
                        #5 RB Plethora of backs to choose from still (Guererro, Irving, Estime, Dillon)
                        #6 C Nugent Michigan
                        #7 Edge Harrell Michigan
                        #7 LB Michigan

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Not a position of need? We had one of the worse Olines in the NFL. Herbert's going to thrive with some decent protection and a running game. We could have picked one of those vaunted speedy receivers at No. 1, but Justin would have been flat on his back before he had a chance to connect with them. As for the Padres, the Bolts weren't the only team with a jinx. Hoping they can put theirs being them, too.
                          We have one of the best left tackles in the league and we drafted a left tackle. It was literally the lowest position of need outside of QB. We already have two young first round choices on the o-line and Zion doesn't look as bad as QJ.

What does it matter if he can protect Justin Herbert? He is just going to be handing the ball off anyways

The 2000 Ravens don't win the Superbowl if they are paying Trent Dilfer like we are paying Justin Herbert. We are building this team like we can't find a competent QB instead of trying to make the QB play the best he can.

Comment

Working...
                          X