• Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
    The game is always about the LOS.
    Where we got our asses kicked last year. We often lost yardage when trying to convert short yardage plays it was pathetic.

Who knows maybe our QB won’t have to play with broken bones this year that’d be nice.

Comment

• BigBad
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Where we got our asses kicked last year. We often lost yardage when trying to convert short yardage plays it was pathetic.

Who knows maybe our QB won’t have to play with broken bones this year that’d be nice.
      Yep.

Media, fans, and Staley types: Herbert is awesome give him the ball 50 times and let him cook!

Harbaugh(an actual NFL QB) and real football guys: Herbert is awesome lets make his life easier.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Now that we have a good OT, how about a good DT in 2? The DT from Illinois looks pretty good. Fix the trenches, and win the SB.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            The coach said all along he wanted to build the OL, so I'm not at all surprised by this pick.
            if you heard his interview he said he'll go with the five best and then he added that Pipkins will be one of the five. I guess they must be planning to move Pip to Guard.

I think having Jim Harbaugh as the HC is gonna be fun.

Two really good OT's for Herbert. He should be a happy camper today.
            Pip to guard is about his only hope with those feet.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Can't have them too tall.... Herbert already gets too many balls batted down.
              It would help a lot of the C and guards weren't constantly driven back into his face as he passes.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

QJ doesn't need to be all world.

If he can at least improve enough to be reliably average, it would be huge for us.

I think the signal so far this offseason has been clear from the new staff: WRs and passing game is not the priority, at least not right now.

Again, this team is not being built to win track meets. We probably lose most of those types of matchups when the weather is nice. That's 100% ok. It's being built to go into KC, Baltimore, Cincy and Buffalo in January and punch people in the mouth. And we'll be damn good at it, too.
                ​
                Speaking of track meets. Mahomes got the fastest WR ever. It seems Andy is always going to be a step ahead.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Speaking of track meets. Mahomes got the fastest WR ever. It seems Andy is always going to be a step ahead.
                  The guy that weighs 160lbs and one hit away from rethinking his life as he goes over the middle?
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Now that we have a good OT, how about a good DT in 2? The DT from Illinois looks pretty good. Fix the trenches, and win the SB.
                    I'm with you, brother!
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Pip to guard is about his only hope with those feet.
                      He will be the swing tackle. Harbaugh plays offensive sets with 6 O linemen at times. Smash ball.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I have not been good about projecting what Harbaugh is going to do or what his priorities are. I didn't believe he would jettison Keenan Allen, and he did. I thought for sure he would draft a new WR for Herbert at #5, and he didn't. He has a completely different concept of what a football team should be like than I do. So I'm not going to try to predict what he's going to do anymore, I'm just going to watch him do it.

I'll just say this: I noted at the beginning of the WR deficiency thread I started that the Packers have built a solid WR corps by drafting four solid guys at that position, but not one of them is an elite WR, and that worked for Jordan Love. Maybe that is what Harbaugh envisions for Herbert.
                        True. Harbaugh's teams have had solid defense. Michigan was #1 in the country last year. They're gonna need some studs on that side of the ball and I would expect them to address it today. As for WR, RB they are going to need to identify some guys late or as UDFA or FA because the skill positions are lacking

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

I hope you kill it Joe!
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X