• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It’s all good drink the coolaid now. But when the team is in shambles and Harbaugh isn’t winning with adults then you will start complaining.

Enjoy being blinded by the hot new coach and just lapping up everything they do. I’m not impressed and I’ll be here when the Harbaugh train derails and everyone starts crying about how he’s not playing modern football and his schtick runs out. Until then…
    Chris Rock Horror GIF by Spiral
    You're right. None of these guys have played a snap yet and none of these coaches have had a chance to coach yet but it's all over because we didn't draft the WR you wanted?

And Harbaugh has won literally everywhere he's been. But all of a sudden he'll crash and burn here? I'm not saying he's a sure shot at a championship, or that we'll even make the playoffs in year 1, but to completely write him off already is ridiculous.

Sorry we didn't draft Nabers. But I think we'll be ok. This isn't the last offseason they have.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Cross CB off. RB, WR and another CB or OL
      I guess JH missed the cross CB off and double dipped

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

I guess JH missed the cross CB off and double dipped
        Cross off RB. Whatever's left. Another Wr, Ol

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Prediction
          Rouse-OT that Vikings Picked top of the Rd6 will be a better NFL player than Raiders 3rd Rd Pick Glaze-OT.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Cross off RB. Whatever's left. Another Wr, Ol
            And with Rive all boxes are checked on the day 3 score card

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

You advising the Commanders GM on all their picks?
              they nabbed four of my guys.... Jer'Zhan, Sinnott, Luke McCaffrey, and Jordan Magee
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Eisen is old, tired and boring.
                Still better than Kiper and Field Yates. What happened to Todd McShay?

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I said that almost exactly somewhere,except I replaced Swann with Calvin Johnson.
                  Lynn Swann could dance in mid-air. He was so graceful. His body-control was unbelievable. Swann and John Jefferson are my all-time favorite WR's.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Still better than Kiper and Field Yates. What happened to Todd McShay?
                    He was let go by ESPN about a year ago

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                      Said in another thread, our draft was not going to be sexy. But so far, this is like wanting to go to the prom with a cheerleader and end up going with your cousin. Again, I have drank the kool-aid, have to trust Harbaugh.

Dont have issues with the particular players, but there were other options.

Make no mistake this is all Harbaugh. All this nonsense about Trade Joe this or Trader Joe that, please. He’s a rookie GM. Now, he might of done the heavy lifting of scouting & player evaluation. Gave a cluster of options to JH for each round. But, it was Harbaugh’s pick. He wants lunch pail grinders. So far we got them.
                      But Horvitz said that he was enamored with Egboigbe since last Fall, when he was with the Ravens; he said that Egboigbe fits very well Minter's defense.
                      Harbaugh's own brother said that he would have drafted Alt.

I think in this day and age, Harbaugh realizes, even if he could chose all the players himself, that a draft is not a one man operation like those of Al Davis in his prime.
                      You don't call your friend john Robinson on day 3 to ask him who was a USC stud still available.

The bit about it being Staley's drafts from year's past was always far fetched; or that Lynn chose all the bad players.

Its just that Harbaugh & Horvitz are on the same page, which is unusual for the Chargers since the days of Marty/AJ, before the rift.

Remember, NOrv was a finesse guy and AJ valued toughness .... just consider the last free agent period when AJ got Norv a full back Norvell didn't want.

Telesco & Staley? Staley didn't know who the hell he wanted on defense - his preferences would have been very scrambled to Telesco and the scouting department.

I was just thinking of all the 4rth rounders on defense TT brought in with Gus:

Desmond KIng, Rashawn Jenkins, Drue Tranquil, Kyzir White.

With Staley, it probably was like buying a kid an ice cream cone, asking the kid what he wants, and then be told that's not what the kid wanted.

Comment

• HK55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2018
                        • Send PM

My post was not meant to disparage Horvitz. You are correct, PBB, they are on the same page. Believe Horvitz did most of the heavy lifting. But I stand by the notion that this was Harbaugh’s selections. Not saying he turned a deaf ear to his GM or staff. But, 6 of the 9 drafted were players he had competed with or against. Particularly on the big stage of the CFP. Plus Michigan’s annual game against ND. He had first hand experience to evaluate.

As time passes, I’m liking this draft more and more.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
                          My post was not meant to disparage Horvitz. You are correct, PBB, they are on the same page. Believe Horvitz did most of the heavy lifting. But I stand by the notion that this was Harbaugh’s selections. Not saying he turned a deaf ear to his GM or staff. But, 6 of the 9 drafted were players he had competed with or against. Particularly on the big stage of the CFP. Plus Michigan’s annual game against ND. He had first hand experience to evaluate.

As time passes, I’m liking this draft more and more.
                          I hope your being funny with his name...it's Hortiz....
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X