Jenkins Gone!

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Absolutely love this player...hard to not get DeJean and Newton...but if we were not getting a top 3 receiver, this kid is a pretty slick consolation prize for you wr guys...
      Hard to not get Da Woody over this pick too.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        This guy breaks ankles, he looks like LT after the catch. Jukes DBs out of their jocks. He is a Chris Olave clone. Same height, same weight, same speed. All Olave has done in two seasons is catch 159 passes for 2165 yds and 9 TDs, catching passes from subpar QBs. Trust Harbaugh to know who in this draft class is going to succeed in the NFL. Jim moved up to take this guy over his best WR at Michigan. Trust he knows the talent.

Ladd McConkey Highlights 🔥 - Welcome to the Los Angeles Chargers
        Olave would be a pretty solid outcome for this pick, but that is actually a high end comp I can buy more than someone like Kupp. I will be curious if he can win outside.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

There you go being a negative Nancy because you gall to voice his deficiencies.
          He has deficiencies for sure. He is not great at tracking the ball. He is more of a slot receiver that finds soft spots in the zone. He has an injury history. But no player is perfect. He does things that Nabers, MH Jr and some of the others cannot do. He has elite, and I mean elite, route running and understanding of the game. The Alabama game folks are talking about is an interesting one. Watch the tape. There was definitely holding that was not getting called. Furthermore, Georgia's QB missed him a lot, when he got open -- no doubt not able to read the defense well. His blocking, interestingly, was actually quite good. I think Cosell knows WR.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Nice job picking white WR comps. In fact, you picked the three best white wide receivers of the last two decades. I’m glad you’d settle for a four time All Pro (Welker) or one of the most prolific post-season receivers of all time and a Super Bowl MVP. Yes, I too would be happy if he ends up matching any of those three, which essentially be a top fifth percentile outcome for what he could be. Odds are that aside from being white, he won’t sniff one of these players.
            Blame Greg Cosell. He made the Kupp comp. I'll own Edelman and Welker as McConkey is a small guy who apparently runs great routes and has great hands and likely plays in the slot for us. So those guys seem like good comps that I e envied NE for having repeatedly.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Chris Ouave? Chris Ouave? Dude was a monster at Ohio state. I didn’t see that outa him.

let’s see what he becomes. Maybe he can become a number 1 receiver. I don’t know. Let’s see what he is.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

maybe bama had a great pass rush, that forced QB's to throw too early?.... lost of factors..... Herbert will now have time..... Max Crosby will stoill be dancing with our 2 OT's depending on which side they choose to try?

and both bama CB's are not fast... they have great technique and a great pass rush!
                It didn't help that the Bama corners were constantly on his hip pocket after his breaks.

I hear he was banged up in 2023.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2020
                  • Send PM

Justin Jefferson was also the #2 receiver at LSU. Same for Olave at OSU. I agree with the concerns, but we’ve seen multiple players buck that trend in recent years.
                  If you watch the film, I am not sure that saying Bowers is the #1 receiver is right. I think McConkey's route running actually made life easier for Bowers.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    The true experts know what we got here. Cousins, RGIII. These guy know talent and subtlety when they see it.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      This guy breaks ankles, he looks like LT after the catch. Jukes DBs out of their jocks. He is a Chris Olave clone. Same height, same weight, same speed. All Olave has done in two seasons is catch 159 passes for 2165 yds and 9 TDs, catching passes from subpar QBs. Trust Harbaugh to know who in this draft class is going to succeed in the NFL. Jim moved up to take this guy over his best WR at Michigan. Trust he knows the talent.

Ladd McConkey Highlights 🔥 - Welcome to the Los Angeles Chargers
                      Awesome!!!... he is no less then 4th best WR in draft! =)

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                        He is not great at tracking the ball.
                        What is your source for this? I just watched his highlights and he's great at tracking the deep ball.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

We didn't get Bowers, but we got his teammate.

Ladd McConkey Georgia Highlights | No. 34 Overall to Chargers | CBS Sports

Comment

Working...
                          X