• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HK55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2018
    • Send PM

Big time SC fan.

A lot of TPB mockers had Rice in the 4th. As did pundits giving him a 4/5 round grade. Actually, Tahj Washington was SCs WR1. Yes, Rice led the team in TD receptions, that was because the oline play was so helter skelter Williams was always extending plays. Rice plays a lot faster than his 4.5 combine 40.

Why Rice fell? I know arrogance was only speculation. But in his 2 years at SC, he was a class act. His pro day interviews, on YT, he displays poise and courteous attention to questions being thrown at him. Could be a steal, especially in round 7

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Steve Smith Sr. Breaks down Brenden Rice...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

Let me tell yall something. Fuck the 4-5 Dad Jerry Rice ran a 4-6 okay!!!!!!!!!!

Football is Football.

Brenden Rice has always been a football player.

Plays hard professional. A Michal Pittman jr. Guy very similar.

he’s gonna go over the middle. He’s gonna go over the top do everything Jim Harbaugh asks him to do.

And learned the work ethic from dad. Will be working with dad and has the blueprint and has it right there.

49ers fucked this one up and should’ve taken him. We got a great guy.

With a Quarterback as accurate as Herbert this is what you want.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

One thing is for sure, the way the Chargers filled out the WR room, there are no prima donna fucks that Herbert has to acquiesce to, he can go thru his progressions and throw to the open man instead of forcing the ball to the same fucking guy
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Issues? What Issues? Ask Caleb Williams about Brendan RICE. Brendan Rice was huge for Marque game USC vs. Stanford. Watch that tape want to talk about downfield.

Colorado Tulane in the Cotton Bowl. This guy is a stud.

professional. The dude was around Jerry Rice Terrell Owens and greats. He’s a football guy. That’s all I care about. Not entitled.

He was all about USC and Taj Washington please Rice was getting targets with Addison after Addison left he stepped up and put up bigger numbers as a senior. The kid was playing. And he played on a big stage.

I rate receivers how they play with Quarterbacks with Caleb he was electric. Making acrobatic catches. Good technique. Wasn’t perfect but continued drives.

This is what you look for.

This isn’t a knock on anybody. Where was Terrell Owens drafted Adam Tielen.

We have smart receivers who will know what to do. Let me teach you in an offense like this you want receivers like that. Lots of Rice and Monklien screens with Joe Alt leading it. Watch out now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Palmer spent a lot of time in the training room and is in his final year.

QJ has many issues.

Going into the season with Palmer/QJ/Ladd /Shark? ...... not a good situation.
              They were fortunate. ... he'll contribute this year.
              Will we sign a vet still? Makes sense with 3 rookies and two 2nd year WRs but who knows. Green Bay had a young WR corps last season.

One or two going to be cut if they do sign a vet.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2024, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Rice in 7th is way better pick than MHJ 5th overall

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

that bloodline
                  I love this pick

Hope he plays with that chip on his shoulder

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

When you get a guy in the 7th round, you gotta think there is something wrong...but I can't find anything wrong with the kid...if anything, his 4th round grade was due to such a talented WR class...my hope is that he carries a little royalty around with him, and it turned teams off...no problem...Harbaugh has the cred to handle royalty...sounds like the kid is upset with his round...but loves the team, and really wants to come work for Harbaugh. Could be a steal...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Always pull for the kids of former players whether they're on our team or not. That's a Helluvalot of pressure of expectations and it's unfair. And this kid's father just happened to be the greatest WR of All Time. All of his life I'm betting he heard "Little Jerry" and at some point he just wants to be Brenden. Go get em kid.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        When you get a guy in the 7th round, you gotta think there is something wrong...but I can't find anything wrong with the kid...if anything, his 4th round grade was due to such a talented WR class...my hope is that he carries a little royalty around with him, and it turned teams off...no problem...Harbaugh has the cred to handle royalty...sounds like the kid is upset with his round...but loves the team, and really wants to come work for Harbaugh. Could be a steal...
                        He dropped due to poor contested catch rate so low it' essentially made him a project.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                          that bloodline
                          I love this pick

Hope he plays with that chip on his shoulder
                          He's definitely got a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Working...