Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    When you get a guy in the 7th round, you gotta think there is something wrong...but I can't find anything wrong with the kid...if anything, his 4th round grade was due to such a talented WR class...my hope is that he carries a little royalty around with him, and it turned teams off...no problem...Harbaugh has the cred to handle royalty...sounds like the kid is upset with his round...but loves the team, and really wants to come work for Harbaugh. Could be a steal...
    Rice thought he was going in the 2nd round. He was on Colin Cowherd a week or so ago, and when Cowherd suggested the 3rd round Rice was like "no way I'm going that low." Falling all the way to the 7th round and coming close to being undrafted is a huge wakeup call for him.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

When you get a guy in the 7th round, you gotta think there is something wrong...but I can't find anything wrong with the kid...if anything, his 4th round grade was due to such a talented WR class...my hope is that he carries a little royalty around with him, and it turned teams off...no problem...Harbaugh has the cred to handle royalty...sounds like the kid is upset with his round...but loves the team, and really wants to come work for Harbaugh. Could be a steal...
        I have a theory that this is going to continue to happen, teams are still overly obsessed with speed and combine workouts, the rams don't even attend the combine and they drafted Nakua when no one else thought he was anything, Nakua might've gone later in the draft if the Rams hadn't pulled the trigger when they did, if Rice had run a 4.3 forty at the combine he would've probably been a day two pick, we get him in the 7th and I can't think of another instant in charger history when I had more confidence that a 7th rounder could be counted on to come in and contribute right away, to what extent remains to be seen...but we're living in a time when WRs are going to become devalued as teams come to realize that they can find solid receivers into the 7th round...some people are already saying that Rice will be the next Nakua, I hope that comes to pass!
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

He dropped due to poor contested catch rate so low it' essentially made him a project.
          is that right? I had heard other rumors too, like he didn't interview well or his route running is not as good as it should be considering who his father is etc...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

is that right? I had heard other rumors too, like he didn't interview well or his route running is not as good as it should be considering who his father is etc...
            He's got a 1.55 10 yard split which is a tab faster than Nabers. The physical ability is there. From my opinion of his scouting reports he's either got wasted motion or is putting himself in wrong position during contested balls.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

He's got a 1.55 10 yard split which is a tab faster than Nabers. The physical ability is there. From my opinion of his scouting reports he's either got wasted motion or is putting himself in wrong position during contested balls.
              sounds correctable, his other athletic scores were good too...all I know is he's a charger and that's all that matters, if he flames out what are they going to say? that we wasted 7th round pick? LOL!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Here’s something interesting that I read. Just a fellow fan but it makes sense given The 33rd had a similar breakdown about his weaknesses as well:

With Rice specifically it's that he's not sudden, you don't really trust him to beat press or get separation on short area routes, and while his bread and butter was on deeper routes in college he doesn't really have the speed to take advantage there against NFL talent. You give him a shot because of the bloodlines, but there were lots of better WRs in the draft who just weren't related to Jerry Rice.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I can't imagine the kind of pressure Jr has voluntarily adopted by playing the same position as his GOAT father, I think it's fair to stay away from comparisons and let the youngin create his own legacy.
                  I also imagine unique challenges.
                  Maybe Jerry isn't a great coach, many great performers are not.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Rice thought he was going in the 2nd round. He was on Colin Cowherd a week or so ago, and when Cowherd suggested the 3rd round Rice was like "no way I'm going that low." Falling all the way to the 7th round and coming close to being undrafted is a huge wakeup call for him.
                    Thumbs up for him playing like a second round pick...nothing like having the Brock Purdy of receivers that was passed over by everyone! Play angry....
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Thumbs up for him playing like a second round pick...nothing like having the Brock Purdy of receivers that was passed over by everyone! Play angry....
                      hear, hear!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Nay, what RG3 said sounds better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Nay, what RG3 said sounds better.
                          I'm good with that...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X