• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You make a point although if you look at the Chargers draft it is pretty clear they favor players from the serious programs not small schools.

Not a big deal, just an observation that the Chargers did not sign a single UDFA in the top 75 rated UDFA on PFF. After hearing for months on here that Harbaugh would have a major advantage with UDFA it just felt pretty surprising and underwhelming to me. He didnt even bag the Wolverines like Nugent or MacGregor. That is not what we all expected.

Dont worry, I love the draft and in JH2 i trust, just sharing an observation on UDFAs
    UDFA is a tough thing
    1) the team has to be interested
    2) the player has to be interested - they might go to teams they have a better shot at making the roster

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

UDFA is a tough thing
      2) the player has to be interested - they might go to teams they have a better shot at making the roster
      You mean like a 5-12 team?

That doesnt explain the UDFAs that went to a better roster like the Chiefs. They signed a pretty good crew of UDFAs

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

UDFA is a tough thing
        Some players prefer to be UDFA instead of being drafted in 7th.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You make a point although if you look at the Chargers draft it is pretty clear they favor players from the serious programs not small schools.

Not a big deal, just an observation that the Chargers did not sign a single UDFA in the top 75 rated UDFA on PFF. After hearing for months on here that Harbaugh would have a major advantage with UDFA it just felt pretty surprising and underwhelming to me. He didnt even bag the Wolverines like Nugent or MacGregor. That is not what we all expected.

Dont worry, I love the draft and in JH2 i trust, just sharing an observation on UDFAs
          They were probably looking for or targeting very specific UDFRA that can potentially fill very specific roles, the dirty work, it's the right time to take flyers on guys that have certain traits, and you go get guys that are hungry and will bust their asses doing what the coaches want, it wouldn't surprise me if it came out that Harbaugh himself advised some of his former players on where they would have the best chance to stick on a different team's roster...even with all the turnover on this team the open competition positions have pretty much dried up, maybe Barnhart has a chance to stick around because his skills might fill a need on the team, maybe nugent didn't fit that same description, but perhaps only because those needs have already been filled?...we just don't know the reasons why teams target certain folks in UDRFA and not others, I for one believe that more goes into it than simply trying to sign the top ranked guys left on the board and I'm not going to assume that for some reason Harbaugh's former players didn't want to play for him in the pros, that's a too disturbing to even contemplate, I think it's a simplistic and faulty idea that comes from negative, paranoid, and cynical conclusions...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

McLellan...6-7, 340#...man, that's some serious beef:

image.png

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

so by that measure let's keep pipkins at RT because Alt has no experience? if they like McFadden enough to drop his name the way that they have been it might even mean that they see him as the future starter after Bozeman leaves in FA in 2025, hell, what if he beats Bozeman this summer? would that make you feel better then? I mean we'd have a more experienced back up, right?
              Difference is that Alt is talented enough to be taken at the #5 pick overall at least, whose main challenge will be learning to switch sides. McFadden is the #156 who isn’t only changing sides but taking on additional responsibilities that comes with being a good Center. I hope McFadden wins the position outright but I would feel better with another Center/Guard backup in FA. It’s just annoying since We haven’t had a good and stable Center since Hardwick retired. Mike Pouncey gave us one good year before retiring. Linsley gave us 2 1/4 years. When those Centers were healthy, both Rivers and Herbert had some of their best years.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
                This guy could be an interesting project

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Difference is that Alt is talented enough to be taken at the #5 pick overall at least, whose main challenge will be learning to switch sides. McFadden is the #156 who isn’t only changing sides but taking on additional responsibilities that comes with being a good Center. I hope McFadden wins the position outright but I would feel better with another Center/Guard backup in FA. It’s just annoying since We haven’t had a good and stable Center since Hardwick retired. Mike Pouncey gave us one good year before retiring. Linsley gave us 2 1/4 years. When those Centers were healthy, both Rivers and Herbert had some of their best years.
                  I feel your pain, I honestly thought they would take one in this draft and they had every chance to do so but they went in other directions, why? the only reason I can think of is that maybe, just maybe they like or maybe see Bozeman as a longer term thing than we do, OR perhaps they like or see McFadden as the long term answer, IDK...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

image.png
                    Where TF is Campbell University? Is that Div 1? Is this the guy that was suggested we replace Slater and trade him? 🙆

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Arlington, TX
                      • Send PM

In case anyone is interested, my son's friend (X'Zauvea Gadlin) that I mentioned earlier ended up signing with the Titans as a UDFA. Pretty cool!

The Titans only brought in one other UDFA OL to add to the one OL they drafted (Latham), so we're hoping less competition will help and that he'll do well enough to make the team!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

UFDA WR Leon Johnson.6'5"???

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment