• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

What if he doesn't beat Bozeman? Would than spoil your mood? We all have our preferences. But that's not what determines things. I suppose McFadden will be both guard and center. That's what makes an OL valuable to teams.
    I'm fine with McFadden waiting his turn and learning under Bozeman, Xenos tho, he feels we need a veteran back up center with experience...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hard to say what happened to Woods. He was an OK tackler at Baylor.It's a shame to waste 4,3 speed, led the Big 12 in ints. Definitely more FS than SS.
      Maybe S coach O'Leary, DB coach Clinksdale can find a job for him. Maybe Hortiz can trade him for a ham sammich.
      I'm not rooting against the kid, but much like with Spiller he was a healthy scratch and it was never made public why, that's head scratching and plus it's not like the team didn't need them during that stretch...I know it was the previous HC and GM but in the NFL once a guy gets a reputation it's not easy for him to overcome that stigma, I hope that's not the case with these kids, both Spiller and Woods have loads of potential...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We only have four currently including AJ Finley. So I don’t know if Dent will replace Wood or Finley.
        before they signed the UDRFAs they had James, Gilman, Woods, and Finley, but since then they've signed Dent, Harper, and Phillips...so there are 7 safeties currently on the charger roster, isn't that close to the number that they usually go into camp with?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

It's Division 1. It's my Alma Matar. It's about 20 min from my house in Buies Creek, NC. Very small college.
          Had no idea where it was but could tell if was small because there are no fans in the stands in that pic lol
          Wonder how a very small college like that gets in Div 1? I don't know how that gets determined.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

before they signed the UDRFAs they had James, Gilman, Woods, and Finley, but since then they've signed Dent, Harper, and Phillips...so there are 7 safeties currently on the charger roster, isn't that close to the number that they usually go into camp with?
            Thinking more about where we were and what the final roster will be, which I think will be only four safeties.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Good for you maybe we will have a Charger from your alma matter! What is the name of the team?
              Campbell Camels.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Had no idea where it was but could tell if was small because there are no fans in the stands in that pic lol
                Wonder how a very small college like that gets in Div 1? I don't know how that gets determined.
                Yea I have no idea. The college is out in the middle of the boonies. It's known for its Law and Pharmacy program, but they recently started a PA and DO medical program. They also started a Nursing and Physical Therapy program.
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I'm fine with McFadden waiting his turn and learning under Bozeman, Xenos tho, he feels we need a veteran back up center with experience...
                  Not worried about center. Bozeman is a really good center; he was on a shitty Carolina team last year.
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Duck of Death
                    Social Piranha
                    • May 2022
                    • Flyover, USA
                    • Send PM

I realize it’s a highlight video, but this Karsen Barnhart kid looks like he can play. He was moved around a bit & springs some really nice pull blocks in the vid. Given the team’s struggles at guard last year, I could see him sneaking on to the roster as a versatile G/T project.

EDIT - sorry I was late to the game - didn’t realize Boltnut already posted this!

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Thinking more about where we were and what the final roster will be, which I think will be only four safeties.
                      8 DB min - 10 max. I think 5 CB- 4 S. Some of the guys are S / CB / Nickle / wide/ deep only, some are versatile. That's going to be determined in camp and will impact total keepers.

"You can't have too many" is in play but actually, we can. The 53 has to be fully fleshed out.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

8 DB min - 10 max. I think 5 CB- 4 S. Some of the guys are S / CB / Nickle / wide/ deep only, some are versatile. That's going to be determined in camp and will impact total keepers.

"You can't have too many" is in play but actually, we can. The 53 has to be fully fleshed out.
                        Wished the NFL would get with the times and increase the roster count by at least 5.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

This is where Harper will come into play with his versatility. Nickel and deep safety backup with his speed.

I think they carry 6 CB and 4 S.

Woods and Finley are going to have to battle.

“Competitors Welcomed!!!”

Comment

Working...
                          X