• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I wouldn’t consider us deep at DB. If some of these guys end up on the PS, that’s ok with me
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Only one Michigan ?
      I would have lost a lot of money on that.
      Wasn't many left. I think just three as 13 got drafted. Don't know where McGreger or Nugent went.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Only one Michigan ?
        I would have lost a lot of money on that.
        i agree, but CJ in the 7th round (after landing Rice) feels like a Harbaugh Michigan pick, Colson was a straight up value / need pick - no michigan influence needed..

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
          I realize it’s a highlight video, but this Karsen Barnhart kid looks like he can play. He was moved around a bit & springs some really nice pull blocks in the vid. Given the team’s struggles at guard last year, I could see him sneaking on to the roster as a versatile G/T project.

EDIT - sorry I was late to the game - didn’t realize Boltnut already posted this!
          Barnhart is better than Jaimes already, that much I can see just from those videos, my only gripe is his weight, he barely weighs over 300 pounds...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

I was really hoping the Bolts would get one, if not two Jackrabbits in this draft.

Zach Heins is a very good TE. He can block, runs the seam well, and is a big man 6'7" with very soft hands. Is he a TE #1? No, he's not that kind of athlete. But he's so good in Play action. He can go in motion and lead block, and he was an absolute beast in FCS. The only reason his numbers weren't better is that the Jackrabbits were loaded at WR, RB, and TE (Tucker Kraft was ahead of him the year before).

I'm not saying he's a lock to make the roster... but he's got a good shot. He's pretty damn good.

Also, played the 2023 National Championship game with a broken bone in his foot. Would not sit out, and was in a walking boot after the game, when he came off the field.

You guys will love him.
            why aren't you saying it? all he has to do to make this roster is to beat out stone smart...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

One of Telesco and scouting departments strengths was UDFAs. Chargers were probably in the top tier of teams in that over the Telesco years.

It was like being malnourished by the main course, but getting a great desert.

A lot of Telesco bagging, but he was better than we let on ..... just was hamstrung by not knowing how to draft interior players, and getting a collection of bad head coaches
              so that he had to keep drafting for different preferences every 4 years, with zero positive input by the head coaches.
              Pffft bullshit. A couple hits in a decade, highly overrated.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Great breakdown on a few of our guys.
                there's going to be a UDFAs that make this team imo.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wasn't many left. I think just three as 13 got drafted. Don't know where McGreger or Nugent went.
                  Nugent to 49ers

McGregor Jets maybe

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i agree, but CJ in the 7th round (after landing Rice) feels like a Harbaugh Michigan pick, Colson was a straight up value / need pick - no michigan influence needed..
                    I kinda disagree. CJ is is a big bodied receiver that can play as X on the outside. He is a jump ball machine which we don't have after MW was cut. He will be a RZ nightmare. Oh and he can block.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I kinda disagree. CJ is is a big bodied receiver that can play as X on the outside. He is a jump ball machine which we don't have after MW was cut. He will be a RZ nightmare. Oh and he can block.
                      he does look good on film, but then again, no one else took him and it was the end of the 7th round. it just felt a little bit redundant at that point to take another WR, that is why i am wondering if Harbaugh chipped in. i am not saying it was a charity case, I am just wondering if Harbaugh said let's get him.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

he does look good on film, but then again, no one else took him and it was the end of the 7th round. it just felt a little bit redundant at that point to take another WR, that is why i am wondering if Harbaugh chipped in. i am not saying it was a charity case, I am just wondering if Harbaugh said let's get him.
                        In other to know whether the Chargers 'reached' on C.J., we'd have to know who else was in their cluster at the time the pick was made.

IMO, even if he doesn't develop into an NFL caliber receiver, Johnson should be a valuable special teamer in the meantime. He played for a successful (to say the least!) program against a high caliber of competition, and has size, speed, and is an outstanding athlete. I think this is exactly the kind of guy you take a 7th round flyer on.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

The WRs were stacked in this draft. CJ provides a different type of WR that we currently don't have. Plus our WR room needed some serious depth. Harbaugh may have chipped in or they are just staying true to their draft board, Either way I think it was a good pick because we needed a jump ball type WR.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X