Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    Bye bye Liuget
    Lol, because they resigned Square? Doubt it.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-10-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Square makes plays and is a lot cheaper than Liuget. Liuget looks like another just another non factor 3 man to me.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

They may give him a chance to make it good with the new staff. He has the tools to be a great player. He just hasn't acutally done much since he was a 2nd year player. The deal on Liuget coming out was he was the ideal fit as a 3 technique DT, and was forced to play DE in the 34. I guess you can make the case that he wasn't used properly.

I wouldn't do it, I would just cut the guy. He has been used as a 3 technique in our pass rush line, which means that is where he lines up 60-70% of the time. If he hasn't done it yet, I can't see another year making much difference. He did have a good year vs the run, which is nice, but soild run stuffers don't have a $9.5 mill cap number. At this point the only thing is they may be waiting till June 1st.

I agree about Square, but also thought Phillon flashed more than Liuget, and he is a lot cheaper too. We might also address DT via the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

NE always makes moves to improve their team and always get picks back from trading players. Im sure they will trade Garropollo and get a second back. We are never that creative.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Can he do the Nickle/Safety thing? He's long for a corner

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                  Chris Tomasson reports that the Chargers, Dolphins, Steelers, Titans and Vikings have all expressed interest in free agent DB Nickell Robey-Coleman since he became available.

It’s worth mentioning that signing Robey-Coleman to a contract won’t impact a team’s compensatory picks, considering that he was released.

Robey-Coleman, 25, wound up signing on with the Bills as an undrafted free agent out of USC back in 2013. He managed to make the 53-man roster during his rookie season and received a two-year extension in 2015.

However, the Bills somewhat surprising elected to cut him loose last week.

Last year, Robey-Coleman appeared in all 16 games for the Bills and recorded 35 tackles, two interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown, a forced fumble, a recovery returned for a touchdown and six pass defenses.
                  Did he screw the owner's daughter?
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                    Chris Tomasson reports that the Chargers, Dolphins, Steelers, Titans and Vikings have all expressed interest in free agent DB Nickell Robey-Coleman since he became available.

It’s worth mentioning that signing Robey-Coleman to a contract won’t impact a team’s compensatory picks, considering that he was released.

Robey-Coleman, 25, wound up signing on with the Bills as an undrafted free agent out of USC back in 2013. He managed to make the 53-man roster during his rookie season and received a two-year extension in 2015.

However, the Bills somewhat surprising elected to cut him loose last week.

Last year, Robey-Coleman appeared in all 16 games for the Bills and recorded 35 tackles, two interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown, a forced fumble, a recovery returned for a touchdown and six pass defenses.

This guy is 5'8" and 165 lbs. Is he a fit with the new D? Our corners would be shrinking with his addition.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                      This guy is 5'8" and 165 lbs. Is he a fit with the new D? Our corners would be shrinking with his addition.
                      5'-8 or 6'-3, I'm looking for a cb that can be in the same zip code as the WR. And Robey Coleman can.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

With Flowers gone, the nickle DB spot is up for grabs. That is the 11th starting spot in an NFL defense. We can have a scrub as the 3rd LB, but a good nickle DB is going to play a lot.

I like the depth we have with Reed and Trevor Williams, but it can't hurt to bring in a productive nickle DB, especially one with the kind of quickness that Robey Coleman has.

The size thing is incredibly overrated. I want big players who can be more physical than the guys they match up against as much as anyone. EVERY team wants those guys. You don't want to start reaching and taking the few big CB too early, which is what you have to do if everyone else is going to try and draft them.

If there is an undervalued guy who is marginallized because he is small, then take that guy instead of waiting for the perfect big guy to land on our doorstep. When so many teams have those Julian Edelman/Wes Welker/Danny A type of slot WR, who are super quick, you need a quick guy who can matchup against them.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Pats add Burkhead. Underrated signing imo. They are having a good offseason. I wonder if White or Lewis are available?

Comment

Working...
                          X