• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Attack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2017
    • Send PM

Chargers should have signed Burkhead. He's a Pats type player if there ever was one. He could do very similar things as Woodhead; just what Brady needs is another weapon. And he's good on special teams. Pats will be unstoppable on offense, unless a team can bring the heat and knock Brady around and out of rhythm. Otherwise, it's a repeat Lombardi and title #6. Of course, the injury bug is always there, but don't like to wish injuries on anyone.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
      Chargers should have signed Burkhead. He's a Pats type player if there ever was one. He could do very similar things as Woodhead; just what Brady needs is another weapon. And he's good on special teams. Pats will be unstoppable on offense, unless a team can bring the heat and knock Brady around and out of rhythm. Otherwise, it's a repeat Lombardi and title #6. Of course, the injury bug is always there, but don't like to wish injuries on anyone.
      Let's not go anointing the Patriots yet. They were pretty soundly outplayed for 3 quarters by a team that lost at home to the Chargers.

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ravens releasing C-OG Jeremy Zuttah.
        Could be a nice addition.

Comment

• Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
          Let's not go anointing the Patriots yet. They were pretty soundly outplayed for 3 quarters by a team that lost at home to the Chargers.

What the Pats have done so far this offseason is embarrass the rest of the league. Their 2017 roster is much improved over their 2016 roster, which was very good. How this team had so much room in salary cap money before free agency started is unreal. What other good team has improved as much as the Pats have so far? And yes, the Chargers beat the Falcons at home, but I am not putting much weight in that single win by the injury ravaged Chargers and single loss by the Falcons. The Falcons were playing much better by the end of the season.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Zuttah was a pro bowl alternate. With only a 3.5 mil cap number and Ravens having lost Wagner I have to ask WTF? Maybe Weddle is secretly trying to help us by getting Ravens to overspend in FA....haha

Comment

• CTrout
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Zuttah was a pro bowl alternate. With only a 3.5 mil cap number and Ravens having lost Wagner I have to ask WTF? Maybe Weddle is secretly trying to help us by getting Ravens to overspend in FA....haha
              Well what do you expect that's how they treat good players there.....

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

What the Pats have done so far this offseason is embarrass the rest of the league. Their 2017 roster is much improved over their 2016 roster, which was very good. How this team had so much room in salary cap money before free agency started is unreal. What other good team has improved as much as the Pats have so far? And yes, the Chargers beat the Falcons at home, but I am not putting much weight in that single win by the injury ravaged Chargers and single loss by the Falcons. The Falcons were playing much better by the end of the season.
                You can't embarrass the league on paper. If those moves pan out, then you can say that. We really don't know who has improved until mid-late Sep.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

You can't embarrass the league on paper. If those moves pan out, then you can say that. We really don't know who has improved until mid-late Sep.

I feel pretty comfortable saying what I said. Add Gronk to the offense too, as he was missing in their run last yr. Only injuries will derail them.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Any "good" moves by this New England regime will always be sullied/tainted/obliterated by their vile cheating. They have no Super Bowl wins.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I feel pretty comfortable saying what I said. Add Gronk to the offense too, as he was missing in their run last yr. Only injuries will derail them.
                      I feel pretty good saying they probably would have struggled to get past the Raiders if Carr hadn't gotten hurt. They put together a good run coming out of a weak division and pulled themselves off the matt for an improbable come from behind in a game in which they had been comprehensively whooped. I don't see them as being a dominant team. They did what they needed to do when they needed to do it and won the title. Kudos to them, I certainly wouldn't risk any money on a repeat, in fact if they played the Falcons tomorrow I would put my money on Atlanta. And I hate the Falcons.
                      Last edited by chargerkdb; 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

NFC champ Falcons sign Dontari Poe to bolster defensive line
                        Follow @PFWeekly
                        By The Associated Press
                        Published: March 16, 2017 — 1:54 p.m.
                        Kansas City Chiefs nose tackle Dontari Poe (92) takes the field for introduction before an NFL divisional playoff football game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday, Jan. 15, 2017, in Kansas City, Mo. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons have bolstered their defensive line by agreeing to terms with two-time Pro Bowler Dontari Poe.

The 6-foot-3, 346-pound tackle joins All-Pro Vic Beasley Jr. and Grady Jarrett, who had three sacks in the Super Bowl.

General manager Thomas Dimitroff announced the signing Thursday. He describes the 26-year-old Poe as a "big guy that can push the pocket."

Poe has played for the Kansas City Chiefs since being a first-round pick. He started 76 games and recorded 13 sacks over five seasons, while claiming Pro Bowl spots in 2013 and 2014.

This past year, Poe had 1.5 sacks, three passes defensed and one forced fumble.

The Falcons have been looking to add depth on the defensive line since releasing Tyson Jackson at the beginning of free agency.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Jared Cook to the Raiders. Thats a good find for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X