• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Camp will sort them out better But currently I'd guess 1a Palmer, 1b McConky, 2a Q, 2b Chark, 5 DD.
    Rice will really have to step up or someone of the 1st 4 get injured. DD is the WR/ KR/ PR until further notice
    Agreed - DD is the returner and low man on the totem pole at WR. So - assuming QJ improves this year - Rice and Johnson battle it out for a roster spot (I believe we'll carry 6 WRs), Loser goes to PS. I think CJ has a legitimate chance to beat out Rice. Harbaugh's not going to care about draft status, and CJs more likely a better teams player than Rice - or at least more experienced.

It will be a very interesting camp . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      Chark had one good season out of 6. It was 5 years ago.
      He has his first Justin Herbert now and what is probably a quality run / pass offense. He's more than qualified to do what we'll ask of him.

1000+ yds and 10 TDs would be swell. That's not the expectation. Take the top off, please.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

He has his first Justin Herbert now and what is probably a quality run / pass offense. He's more than qualified to do what we'll ask of him.

1000+ yds and 10 TDs would be swell. That's not the expectation. Take the top off, please.
        I’m glad they added him to the WR room, I like it. just tempering the hype that quickly developed in TPB. I know, me tamping down hype is out of character. but they made me sad by saying mean things about my Q in comparison to Chark that have no basis in fact.

2 easy examples:

Q completely sucks getting only 430 yards his rookie year
        Chark got one hundred and seventy-fucking-four yards his rookie year. Yeah, 174.

Q can’t catch the ball
        Chark had more drops and higher drop rate last year, and he’s the seasoned skilled reliable veteran WR?

… you get my point, I’m not anti-chark i even posted the baby shark song in honor of his signing.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

I would suspect Palmer is most likely cut candidate.
          My reasons are;
          Last year of contract.
          Post June trade or cut saves 3.1 mil this year.
          If able to trade him, could get a late Rd pick.
          Only WR that if Cut/Trade frees up a decent chuck of money.
          He is the slowest WR on the team.
          And again, his contract is going to expire at end of year.
          WRs depth is pretty good now and the fact the team is going to be committed to running the ball makes cutting/trading Palmer the most logical thing to do if Rice and Johnson do enough to earn spots on the 53 man roster.
          There is no way they are trading or cutting QJ. He is way more talented than Palmer and WR rookie seasons can often be disappointing. So it would make no sense to move on from QJ. QJ is my pick to be the WR1 on GameDay. And Palmer is my cut candidate for the reasons listed.

QJ WR1

DJ WR2

Ladd SlotWR1/WR3/PR2

Rice WR4/SlotWR3

Johnson WR5

Davis PR1/SlotWR2/WR6

Palmer Cut/Traded Post June (Saves 3.1mil)

​​​​
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            My reasons are;
            Last year of contract.
            WRs depth is pretty good now and the fact the team is going to be committed to running the ball makes cutting/trading Palmer the most logical thing to do if Rice and Johnson do enough to earn spots on the 53 man roster.
            There is no way they are trading or cutting QJ. He is way more talented than Palmer and WR rookie seasons can often be disappointing. So it would make no sense to move on from QJ. QJ is my pick to be the WR1 on GameDay. And Palmer is my cut candidate for the reasons listed.

QJ WR1

DJ WR2

Ladd SlotWR1/WR3/PR2

Rice WR4/SlotWR3

Johnson WR5

Davis PR1/SlotWR2/WR6

​​​
            Is there some kind of problem with Palmer? I always thought he was the golden boy of the Chargers? I've never heard anything negative about him until now. Maybe they can't sign him to a fair long term contract so they're parting ways?
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Is there some kind of problem with Palmer? I always thought he was the golden boy of the Chargers? I've never heard anything negative about him until now. Maybe they can't sign him to a fair long term contract so they're parting ways?
              He’s not a bad WR. Never been a top blocking WR, and I agree with Critty that he’s likely not worth a second contract with the three WRs just drafted. But I guess we’ll see.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

He’s not a bad WR. Never been a top blocking WR, and I agree with Critty that he’s likely not worth a second contract with the three WRs just drafted. But I guess we’ll see.
                Why do I get the feeling he wants $8-10 million and the Chargers are like no thanks for a #3 receiver.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

none that I know of, at least not until recently when his comments about KA getting traded might've rankled some in the organization...I know he must've been close to those guys but at some point he must've realized it would be his time to replace them...not sure why he had anything to say other than wishing the guys moving on luck and saying he was looking forward to getting his opportunity but unfortunately that's not the way it went down...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

none that I know of, at least not until recently when his comments about KA getting traded might've rankled some in the organization...I know he must've been close to those guys but at some point he must've realized it would be his time to replace them...not sure why he had anything to say other than wishing the guys moving on luck and saying he was looking forward to getting his opportunity but unfortunately that's not the way it went down...
                    What did Palmer say?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

What did Palmer say?
                      Someone posted it a while back, it seemed like a normal reaction from a guy that was surprised about the move much like many charger fans were too...kind of questioning logic behind the decision a bit but nothing nasty that I can recall...
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m glad they added him to the WR room, I like it. just tempering the hype that quickly developed in TPB. I know, me tamping down hype is out of character. but they made me sad by saying mean things about my Q in comparison to Chark that have no basis in fact.

2 easy examples:

Q completely sucks getting only 430 yards his rookie year
                        Chark got one hundred and seventy-fucking-four yards his rookie year. Yeah, 174.

Q can’t catch the ball
                        Chark had more drops and higher drop rate last year, and he’s the seasoned skilled reliable veteran WR?

… you get my point, I’m not anti-chark i even posted the baby shark song in honor of his signing.

Who are you and what have you done with dmac?????

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          My reasons are;
                          Last year of contract.

QJ WR1

DJ WR2

Ladd SlotWR1/WR3/PR2

Rice WR4/SlotWR3

Johnson WR5

Davis PR1/SlotWR2/WR6

​​​
                          Interesting...I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. QJ would need to have a stellar camp/preseason for this to happen, though.

Rising tide raises all ships.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X