Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

2024 NFL Schedule Release

The NFL is officially going to disclose the entire schedule for the 2024 season tomorrow.

There are leaks. The league is doing the Chargers a favor by having the Chiefs open the season against the Ravens then play the Bengals in Week 2. The Ravens and Bengals are the two teams the Chiefs beat in the AFC Championship the last two seasons. Both *should* be healthy and will be revenge-oriented. If the Chiefs start the season sluggishly, they could be down 0-2 to conference opponents in a flash. Both games are in KC, they will have 9 road games and only 6 home games for the rest of the season. Even if they lose one of these games it's going to help the Chargers in their quest to end KC's dominance of the division.
  • PhilaBoltster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

That would be a scheduling favor to the Chiefs, if true. Opening week game 1 is always highly favorable to the home team, and then getting 3 extra days of rest and playing at home week 2.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Chiefs Ravens is a hell of an opener. Much better than Chargers Raiders.

New staff, new players, new schemes, I hope we start off easy in the first few weeks. Denver and the Raiders would be good.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
        That would be a scheduling favor to the Chiefs, if true. Opening week game 1 is always highly favorable to the home team, and then getting 3 extra days of rest and playing at home week 2.
        Chiefs won the Super Bowl - so thats why they are playing Thursday. But getting the Ravens and Bengals out of the way is also not bad

Personally, I wanted the NFL to pick the Chargers to play the chiefs. I knew it was a long shot but I wanted that game out of the way early.

I wouldn't mind a road game on the east coast to start the year

that said - no excuses about the schedule
        if they play a bunch of teams off bye weeks - so be it
        if they have a bunch of 10am PT starts as east coast games - so be it

The season starts in 4 months - that gives Harbaugh, enough time known to mankind -- to figure out how to best prepare for the season

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
          That would be a scheduling favor to the Chiefs, if true.
          It is true, and I don't think it's a favor to the Chiefs; just the opposite. The Chiefs started slow last season, losing to the Lions at home on opening Thurs night and barely getting by the Jags in Week 2. The Chiefs ended the Ravens' season in the AFC Championship Game in Balt in January. They are going be super motivated to knock off the Chiefs in KC in Week 1, coming into the game fresh after a long off-season. Ditto with the Bengals, the Chiefs ended their season in the AFCC the season before. Both of these games will be played before Jackson or Burrow suffer the annual injuries. And both of these games are home games for the Chiefs. The could start the season in a big hole, and the Jim Harbaugh Chargers aren't going to let them climb out of it as in years past.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Speaking of schedules:

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

We are fortunate we aren’t playing the Chiefs first.

Think about it. Most of the Chief players have played together for years with the same coaching staff.

Harbaugh has to reinvent the wheel with numerous new players everywhere on the roster.

Chiefs will be on cruise control from day one while it will take time to come together as a well oiled machine for the Chargers.

Glad we have a few games to coalesce before we beat the living shit out of them.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Think about it. Most of the Chief players have played together for years with the same coaching staff.

Harbaugh has to reinvent the wheel with numerous new players everywhere on the roster.

Chiefs will be on cruise control from day one while it will take time to come together as a well oiled machine for the Chargers.

Glad we have a few games to coalesce before we beat the living shit out of them.
                Reid is one of the best coaches scheming things up with extra time, so having an entire offseason to come up with new twists is something we are avoiding.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I saw it the exact opposite. Get your toughest game out of the way first, when things might not be as stable as week 10, play on the road, so get a road game out of the way and have an extra three days to prepare for Week 2 when you can learn from Week 1.

The Chiefs will also be a better team in Week 10 than they will in week 1.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    It is true, and I don't think it's a favor to the Chiefs; just the opposite. The Chiefs started slow last season, losing to the Lions at home on opening Thurs night and barely getting by the Jags in Week 2. The Chiefs ended the Ravens' season in the AFC Championship Game in Balt in January. They are going be super motivated to knock off the Chiefs in KC in Week 1, coming into the game fresh after a long off-season. Ditto with the Bengals, the Chiefs ended their season in the AFCC the season before. Both of these games will be played before Jackson or Burrow suffer the annual injuries. And both of these games are home games for the Chiefs. The could start the season in a big hole, and the Jim Harbaugh Chargers aren't going to let them climb out of it as in years past.
                    It allows KC to play their Thursday game without playing a short week. It absolutely favors KC

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

It allows KC to play their Thursday game without playing a short week. It absolutely favors KC
                      They won the Super Bowl -- they deserved the game

Go win the Super Bowl and you get the same game plus an extra few days to prepare for Week 2.

I have no problem with it.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Reid is one of the best coaches scheming things up with extra time, so having an entire offseason to come up with new twists is something we are avoiding.
                        The Chiefs struggled to open the season last year, losing to the Lions at home and barely getting by the Jags in Week 2. They had a bit of a SB hangover. They beat up on the Bears in KC in Week 3, but in Week 4 came within an eyelash of losing to the Zach Wilson Jets in NJ.

I'm glad the Chiefs open against two of the AFC's best teams who have a revenge motive. The Chiefs starting 0-2, home games to boot, is not out of the realm of possibility. I'll bet money they lose one of those two games and they open the season at best 1-1.

I would not fear opening against the Chiefs at all. I think the Chargers would have a major advantage because nobody knows that the Chargers are going look like and that will make it very difficult for the team that opens the season against the Bolts. Plus Harbaugh, Roman and Minter are not going to be intimidated by the Chiefs the way Staley was.

Comment

Working...
                        X